Ministry of Natural Resources & Energy (Department of Water Affairs)
2016 - in progress
Description for Nondvo (Swaziland)
The main purposes of Mbabane - Manzini project are:
- provide potable water to the two cities of Mbabane and Manzini, but in the limits established by the Tripartite Agreement signed with South Africa and Mozambique;
- increase downstream irrigation;
- increase hydropower generation at Edwaleni and Magaduza hydropower stations;
- augment the urban raw water supply for Matsapha/Manzini;
- exploit the available Nondvo dam head for hydropower generation.
- GRAVITY Dam (H = 55 m, Vreservoir = 90 Mm3)
- Powerhouse (Francis Turbines, IP = 600 kW, Q =2.5 m3/s, Eavg = 4 GWh/y)
- Irrigation Area (approx. 3,500 ha)
- Water Supply (approx. 200,000 population)
Impianto Idroelettrico (PI = 255 MW) sul fiume Lunsemfwa a valle della diga...
Lusaka project including domestic water supply pipeline for the city of...
Vranduk (Bosnia and Herzegovina)
Vranduk project consists in a run off river power plant with an installed...
Uribante Doradas (Venezuela)
Hydroelectric project with IP = 300 MW.
Santu Miali (Italy)
Refurbishment of the Santu Miali hydropower plant
Dabus HPP cascade is located on the Dabus river, a north-flowing tributary of...
Water supply system for the district of Abuja, including pipelines, pumping...
Batoka Gorge (Zambia)
Trans-boundary hydropower plant of 1'600 MW, equally shared among Zambia...
Rio Mannu (Italy)
Concrete gravity dam for water supply and irrigation to be constructed in two...