Ministry of Natural Resources & Energy (Department of Water Affairs)
2016 - in progress
Description for Nondvo (Swaziland)
The main purposes of Mbabane - Manzini project are:
- provide potable water to the two cities of Mbabane and Manzini, but in the limits established by the Tripartite Agreement signed with South Africa and Mozambique;
- increase downstream irrigation;
- increase hydropower generation at Edwaleni and Magaduza hydropower stations;
- augment the urban raw water supply for Matsapha/Manzini;
- exploit the available Nondvo dam head for hydropower generation.
- GRAVITY Dam (H = 55 m, Vreservoir = 90 Mm3)
- Powerhouse (Francis Turbines, IP = 600 kW, Q =2.5 m3/s, Eavg = 4 GWh/y)
- Irrigation Area (approx. 3,500 ha)
- Water Supply (approx. 200,000 population)
Carpat PSP (Romania)
Pumped storage plant with an installed power of 300 MW.
Kabwe urban water supply scheme.
Reservoir storage capacity: 12 Mm³.
Maswa project including domestic water supply pipeline for the district...
Tana Beles (Ethiopia)
The ambitious Tana Beles project was located in the Metekel district of...
Gibe III (Ethiopia)
The design of this record breaking 250 m high RCC dam has proved to be one of...
Batoka Gorge (Zambia)
Trans-boundary hydropower plant of 1'600 MW, equally shared among Zambia...
Ulu Jelai (Malaysia)
Chespi is the first hydroelectric project of the Guayllabamba cascade with an...
Water storage plant for irrigation purposes with a reservoir capacity of 42...