Zambesi River - Zambia and Zimbabwe
Zambezi River Authority (ZRA)
2014 - in progress
Description for Batoka Gorge (Zambia)
Trans-boundary hydropower plant of 1'600 MW, equally shared among Zambia and Zimbabwe, foreseen on the Zambesi River, between Victoria Falls and the existing Lake Kariba.
- RCC arch-gravity dam (H = 181 m, L_crest = 767 m, V_rcc = 4 Mm³)
- Spillway on dam (Q = 20'000 m³/s, No. 7 radial gates, W x H = 14 x 13 m)
- No. 4 headrace tunnels (D = 8.9 m, L = 250 - 450 m)
- No. 4 penstock shafts (D = 7 m, H = 120 m)
- No. 2 power houses (No. 4 x 2 Francis turbines, Q = 1'000 m³/s, IP = 1'600 MW)
- Transmission lines (L = 200 km @ 330 kV in Zambia, L = 140 km @ 420 kV in Zimbabwe)
Koysha is the fourth plant of the Omo river cascade (IPtot = 4600 MW),...
Reservoir capacity augmentation through the heightening of an existing...
Little Beles (Ethiopia)
Reservoir for water supply with a storage capacity equal to 3.5 Mm³.
Multi-purpose project on Lake Tana, including hydropower plant and irrigation...
Hydroelectric Power Plant, with IP = 525 MW, which the exploits of N° 5...
Gilgel Gibe (Ethiopia)
Hydroelectric power plant (IP = 200 MW) including rockfill dam, underground...
Montedoglio dam has suffered some damages at the spillway and dam body due to...
Vranduk (Bosnia and Herzegovina)
Vranduk project consists in a run off river power plant with an installed...
Kabuyanda is a multipurpose dam envisaged for agriculture (paddy rice and...