Zambesi River - Zambia and Zimbabwe
Zambezi River Authority (ZRA)
2014 - in progress
Description for Batoka Gorge (Zambia)
Trans-boundary hydropower plant of 1'600 MW, equally shared among Zambia and Zimbabwe, foreseen on the Zambesi River, between Victoria Falls and the existing Lake Kariba.
- RCC arch-gravity dam (H = 181 m, L_crest = 767 m, V_rcc = 4 Mm³)
- Spillway on dam (Q = 20'000 m³/s, No. 7 radial gates, W x H = 14 x 13 m)
- No. 4 headrace tunnels (D = 8.9 m, L = 250 - 450 m)
- No. 4 penstock shafts (D = 7 m, H = 120 m)
- No. 2 power houses (No. 4 x 2 Francis turbines, Q = 1'000 m³/s, IP = 1'600 MW)
- Transmission lines (L = 200 km @ 330 kV in Zambia, L = 140 km @ 420 kV in Zimbabwe)
Roma Est (Italy)
Sewage treatment plant for domestic and industrial waste water.
Dabus HPP cascade is located on the Dabus river, a north-flowing tributary of...
Impianto Idroelettrico (PI = 255 MW) sul fiume Lunsemfwa a valle della diga...
Gilgel Gibe (Ethiopia)
Hydroelectric power plant (IP = 200 MW) including rockfill dam, underground...
Rockfill dam with bituminous facing (BFRd) with a reservoir for irrigation,...
Giurgiu Ramiresti (Romania)
Irrigation scheme with water from the Danube and irrigated area of 155'000...
Rio Mannu (Italy)
Concrete gravity dam for water supply and irrigation to be constructed in two...
Bagré (Burkina Faso)
Bagré multipurpose scheme was built in 1993 and is located along Nakambé...
Arda Cascade (Bulgaria)
Hydropower cascade including the existing plants of Karjali (IP = 106 MW),...