Beirut - Lebanon
Committee for Development and Reconstruction (CDR)
1992 - 1996
Description for Beirut (Lebanon)
Damage assessment and proposal for rehabilitation works of the capital city water supply system.
- No. 5 intakes from spring
- No. 70 main wells
- No. 2 treatment plants
- No. 19 urban storage tanks
- No. 22 pumping stations
- Supply network (L = 50 km)
- Distribution network (L = 1'170 km)
- Water resource = 250'000 m³/d
- Network losses = 60%
- Supplied population = 1'700'000 inh.
- Per capita water consumption = 60 l/cap/d
- Water resource = 350'000 m³/d
- Network losses = 35%
- Supplied population = 1'800'000 inh.
- Per capita water consumption = 120 l/cap/d
- Inspection of the intakes and of the main supply structures
- Inspection of the pipelines in the areas of visible losses
- Hydraulic study of the network in order to divide the whole area in hydraulically homogeneous systems
- Identification, programme and cost estimation of the rehabilitation works
- Supervision during rehabilitation works
Storage works for Famagusta urban water supply.
Water storage plant for irrigation purposes with a reservoir capacity of 42...
Three-dam projects for irrigation purposes.
PHASE 1: Achievement of a reservoir for flood control of the Temo...
Limonlu HPP comprises 4 power plants in cascade to be constructed in 2 phases...
Bumbuna (Sierra Leone)
This is one of our pet projects that we have faithfully followed for the past...
King Talal (Jordan)
The assignment comprises the assessment of conditions of the existing plant...
Water storage for irrigation, capacity 58 Mm³.
Gibe II (Ethiopia)
Gibe II is the second stage of the Gibe-Omo hydroelectric cascade which...