Beirut - Lebanon
Committee for Development and Reconstruction (CDR)
1992 - 1996
Description for Beirut (Lebanon)
Damage assessment and proposal for rehabilitation works of the capital city water supply system.
- No. 5 intakes from spring
- No. 70 main wells
- No. 2 treatment plants
- No. 19 urban storage tanks
- No. 22 pumping stations
- Supply network (L = 50 km)
- Distribution network (L = 1'170 km)
- Water resource = 250'000 m³/d
- Network losses = 60%
- Supplied population = 1'700'000 inh.
- Per capita water consumption = 60 l/cap/d
- Water resource = 350'000 m³/d
- Network losses = 35%
- Supplied population = 1'800'000 inh.
- Per capita water consumption = 120 l/cap/d
- Inspection of the intakes and of the main supply structures
- Inspection of the pipelines in the areas of visible losses
- Hydraulic study of the network in order to divide the whole area in hydraulically homogeneous systems
- Identification, programme and cost estimation of the rehabilitation works
- Supervision during rehabilitation works
Kalivac Hydropower Plant has 108 MW of installed power.
Vranduk (Bosnia and Herzegovina)
Vranduk project consists in a run off river power plant with an installed...
Maswa project including domestic water supply pipeline for the district...
San Lorenzo (Italy)
San Lorenzo (Sestu) is a small hydroelectric plant to supply the water...
Gilgel Gibe (Ethiopia)
Hydroelectric power plant (IP = 200 MW) including rockfill dam, underground...
Djouè river hydroelettric plant (tributary of Congo).
Multi-purpose project (underground hydropower plant, water supply, etc.) for...
Addis Ababa urban water supply scheme with a storage capacity of 40 Mm3.
Hydroelectric project on the Victoria Nile River within an installed power of...