Seli River - Sierra Leone
Ministry of Energy & Power - Republic of Sierra Leone
1975 - in progress
Description for Bumbuna (Sierra Leone)
This is one of our pet projects that we have faithfully followed for the past forty years notwithstandings several challenges (including civil war). It comprises a rockfill dam, 88 m high, and a generating plant with a capacity of 50 MW.
- Reservoir (V = 410 Mm³)
- Bituminous Faced Rockfill dam (BFRd, H = 88 m, V = 2.8 Mm³)
- No. 2 headrace tunnels (L = 620 m, D = 9 m)
- Shaft power house (No. 2 Francis turbines, HN = 80 m, Q = 80 m³/s, IP = 50 MW)
- No. 2 vertical synchronous generators (33.7 MVA)
- No. 2 step up transformers (13.8/161 kV)
- Transmission line (161 kV, L = 205 km)
- No. 2 substations with step-down transformers
- Prefeasibility and Feasibility studies
- Final Design
- Revision and Updating of Final Design
- Supervision of Works
- Dam Safety Programme and Emergency Preparedness Plan
- Dam Operation and Maintenance Manual
- Monitoring and Assistance during Operation
Maswa project including domestic water supply pipeline for the district...
Grand Ethiopian Renassaince Dam
This majestic project, born of the vision and imagination of Giorgio...
Batoka Gorge (Zambia)
Trans-boundary hydropower plant of 1'600 MW, equally shared among Zambia...
Gibe V (Ethiopia)
Gibe V is the fifth stage of the Gibe-Omo hydroelectric cascade which...
Addis Ababa urban water supply scheme with a storage capacity of 40 Mm3.
Kabwe urban water supply scheme.
Reservoir storage capacity: 12 Mm³.
Tana Beles (Ethiopia)
The ambitious Tana Beles project was located in the Metekel district of...
Gibe III (Ethiopia)
The design of this record breaking 250 m high RCC dam has proved to be one of...
Giurgiu Ramiresti (Romania)
Irrigation scheme with water from the Danube and irrigated area of 155'000...