Dankali depression - Eritrea
Salini Costruttori S.p.A.
1997 - 2000
Description for Dankel (Eritrea)
Multi-purpose project (underground hydropower plant, water supply, etc.) for the utilization of the Red Sea water.
- External port (Red Sea)
- Internal port for commercial and industrial use
- Canal A -navigable (L = 30 km, W = 15-50 m, d = 9 m)
- Sariga Dam –rockfill (L_crest = 1.5 km, H = 18 m)
- Canal B – navigable (L = 23 km, W = 30-60 m, d = 9 m)
- Mendah Dam – concrete (L_crest = 300 m, H = 22 m)
- Hydro-Power plant (IP = 500 MW, E = 1'000 GWh, No 2 Francis turbines)
- Tailrace tunnel (L = 6 km, D = 10 m)
- Transmission line - 132 kV (L = 480 km)
Alto Temo (Italy)
Water storage plant for irrigation purposes with a capacity of 90 Mm³
Kalivac Hydropower Plant has 108 MW of installed power.
Little Beles (Ethiopia)
Reservoir for water supply with a storage capacity equal to 3.5 Mm³.
Djouè river hydroelettric plant (tributary of Congo).
Gibe III (Ethiopia)
The design of this record breaking 250 m high RCC dam has proved to be one of...
Lusaka project including domestic water supply pipeline for the city of...
Batoka Gorge (Zambia)
Trans-boundary hydropower plant of 1'600 MW, equally shared among Zambia...
Hydroelectric Power Plant, with IP = 525 MW, which the exploits of N° 5...
Jamaica 5 (Jamaica)
This project includes prefeasibility and feasibility studies for five small...