Benishangull Gumuz National Regional State
Salini Costruttori S.p.A.
2010 – in progress
Description for Gerdp (Ethiopia)
This majestic project, born of the vision and imagination of Giorgio Pietrangeli, will become Africa's largest hydropower plant with its 6000 MW of installed power. The Grand Ethiopian Renaissance Dam project, on the Blue Nile, includes one of the world's largest RCC dams.
- Reservoir (Catchment Area = 172,250 km2, Total Storage = 63,000 Mm3)
- Main dam ( Gravity RCC type, H = 175 m, Crest Length = 1780 m, Crest Elev. = 645 m.a.s.l.)
- Saddle dam (Rockfill dam with Concrete Face, H = 55 m, Crest Length = 4,800 m)
- Spillway ( No. 6 gates 14x15.5 m, Q = 10,500 m3/sec )
- Power Waterways ( Penstocks No 15, L = 180 m, Average Diameter = 8.5 m )
- N° 4 diversions culverts ( L =210 m, Average Diameter = 8 m )
- Power house ( Outdoor, No. 2, 10+6 Francis Turbines, IP = 6,000 MW)
- River Bridge ( Total Length =260 m, Width = 10 m, Piers No 6, Max Span Length = 72 m)
Batoka Gorge (Zambia)
Trans-boundary hydropower plant of 1'600 MW, equally shared among Zambia...
Alto Temo (Italy)
Water storage plant for irrigation purposes with a capacity of 90 Mm³
Arda Cascade (Bulgaria)
Hydropower cascade including the existing plants of Karjali (IP = 106 MW),...
Koysha is the fourth plant of the Omo river cascade (IPtot = 4600 MW),...
Lufubu Cascade (Zambia)
LUFUBU HPP Cascade envisages the construction of three hydropower plants on...
La Gogue (Seychelles)
The scope of the assignment is the rehabilitation and upgrade of the existing...
Hydroelectric project on the Victoria Nile River within an installed power of...
Jamaica 6 (Jamaica)
Jamaica 6 project includes the feasibility for six small hpps in Jamaica and...
Water storage for irrigation, capacity 58 Mm³.