Benishangull Gumuz National Regional State
Salini Costruttori S.p.A.
2010 – in progress
Description for Gerdp (Ethiopia)
This majestic project, born of the vision and imagination of Giorgio Pietrangeli, will become Africa's largest hydropower plant with its 6000 MW of installed power. The Grand Ethiopian Renaissance Dam project, on the Blue Nile, includes one of the world's largest RCC dams.
- Reservoir (Catchment Area = 172,250 km2, Total Storage = 63,000 Mm3)
- Main dam ( Gravity RCC type, H = 175 m, Crest Length = 1780 m, Crest Elev. = 645 m.a.s.l.)
- Saddle dam (Rockfill dam with Concrete Face, H = 55 m, Crest Length = 4,800 m)
- Spillway ( No. 6 gates 14x15.5 m, Q = 10,500 m3/sec )
- Power Waterways ( Penstocks No 15, L = 180 m, Average Diameter = 8.5 m )
- N° 4 diversions culverts ( L =210 m, Average Diameter = 8 m )
- Power house ( Outdoor, No. 2, 10+6 Francis Turbines, IP = 6,000 MW)
- River Bridge ( Total Length =260 m, Width = 10 m, Piers No 6, Max Span Length = 72 m)
Namakhvani Cascade (Georgia)
Namakhvani HPP Cascade, includes the construction of three hydropower schemes...
Kabwe urban water supply scheme.
Reservoir storage capacity: 12 Mm³.
Water storage plant for irrigation purposes with a reservoir capacity of 42...
Koysha is the fourth plant of the Omo river cascade (IPtot = 4600 MW),...
Addis Ababa urban water supply scheme with a storage capacity of 40 Mm3.
Jamaica 5 (Jamaica)
This project includes prefeasibility and feasibility studies for five small...
Alto Temo (Italy)
Water storage plant for irrigation purposes with a capacity of 90 Mm³
Rio Grande (Argentina)
Hydroelectric Plant with Pumped Station.
Roma Est (Italy)
Sewage treatment plant for domestic and industrial waste water.