Benishangull Gumuz National Regional State
Salini Costruttori S.p.A.
2010 – in progress
Description for Grand Ethiopian Renassaince Dam
This majestic project, born of the vision and imagination of Giorgio Pietrangeli, will become Africa's largest hydropower plant with its 6000 MW of installed power. The Grand Ethiopian Renaissance Dam project, on the Blue Nile, includes the world's largest RCC dam.
(Catchment Area = 172,250 km2, Total Storage = 63,000 Mm3)
Main dam ( Gravity RCC type, H = 175 m, Crest Length = 1780 m, Crest Elev. = 645 m.a.s.l.)
- Saddle dam (Rockfill dam with Concrete Face, H = 55 m, Crest Length = 4,800 m)
- Spillway ( No. 6 gates 14x15.5 m, Q = 10,500 m3/sec )
- Power Waterways ( Penstocks No 15, L = 180 m, Average Diameter = 8.5 m )
- N° 4 diversions culverts ( L =210 m, Average Diameter = 8 m )
- Power house ( Outdoor, No. 2, 10+6 Francis Turbines, IP = 6,000 MW)
- River Bridge ( Total Length =260 m, Width = 10 m, Piers No 6, Max Span Length = 72 m)
Simbirizzi (Settimo S. Pietro) is a small hydroelectric plant to supply the...
Bituminous face rockfill dam for irrigation, water supply and hydropower...
Batoka Gorge (Zambia)
Trans-boundary hydropower plant of 1'600 MW, equally shared among Zambia...
Montedoglio dam has suffered some damages at the spillway and dam body due to...
Arda Cascade (Bulgaria)
Hydropower cascade including the existing plants of Karjali (IP = 106 MW),...
Santu Miali (Italy)
Refurbishment of the Santu Miali hydropower plant
Addis Ababa urban water supply scheme with a storage capacity of 40 Mm3.
Dabus HPP cascade is located on the Dabus river, a north-flowing tributary of...
Rockfill dam with bituminous facing (BFRd) with a reservoir for irrigation,...