Benishangull Gumuz National Regional State
Salini Costruttori S.p.A.
2010 – in progress
Description for Grand Ethiopian Renassaince Dam
This majestic project, born of the vision and imagination of Giorgio Pietrangeli, will become Africa's largest hydropower plant with its 6000 MW of installed power. The Grand Ethiopian Renaissance Dam project, on the Blue Nile, includes the world's largest RCC dam.
(Catchment Area = 172,250 km2, Total Storage = 63,000 Mm3)
Main dam ( Gravity RCC type, H = 175 m, Crest Length = 1780 m, Crest Elev. = 645 m.a.s.l.)
- Saddle dam (Rockfill dam with Concrete Face, H = 55 m, Crest Length = 4,800 m)
- Spillway ( No. 6 gates 14x15.5 m, Q = 10,500 m3/sec )
- Power Waterways ( Penstocks No 15, L = 180 m, Average Diameter = 8.5 m )
- N° 4 diversions culverts ( L =210 m, Average Diameter = 8 m )
- Power house ( Outdoor, No. 2, 10+6 Francis Turbines, IP = 6,000 MW)
- River Bridge ( Total Length =260 m, Width = 10 m, Piers No 6, Max Span Length = 72 m)
Jamaica 6 (Jamaica)
Jamaica 6 project includes the feasibility for six small hpps in Jamaica and...
Limonlu HPP comprises 4 power plants in cascade to be constructed in 2 phases...
Giurgiu Ramiresti (Romania)
Irrigation scheme with water from the Danube and irrigated area of 155'000...
Dam built to provide a reservoir for the urban water supply of Genoa.
Reservoir capacity augmentation through the heightening of an existing...
Gibe III (Ethiopia)
The design of this record breaking 250 m high RCC dam has proved to be one of...
Bagré (Burkina Faso)
Bagré multipurpose scheme was built in 1993 and is located along Nakambé...
King Talal (Jordan)
The assignment comprises the assessment of conditions of the existing plant...
Kabuyanda is a multipurpose dam envisaged for agriculture (paddy rice and...