Oromia region - Ethiopia
1995 - 2003
Description for Gilgel Gibe (Ethiopia)
Hydroelectric power plant (IP = 200 MW) including rockfill dam, underground power house and auxiliary works.
- Rockfill Dam with bituminous upstream facing (H = 40 m, L = 1'600 m, Embankment volume V = 2.5 Mm³, bituminous face A = 105.000 m²)
- Spillway (No. 4 gates 12x8.5 m, L = 48m, Q = 2'250 m³/s)
- Power Tunnel (L = 8.8 km, D = 5.5 m)
- Surge Shaft (H = 110 m, D = 14 m)
- Underground Power House (83x22, 5x41 m, No. 3 Francis turbines, IP = 3x66,7 MW)
PHASE 1: Achievement of a reservoir for flood control of the Temo...
Simbirizzi (Settimo S. Pietro) is a small hydroelectric plant to supply the...
Santu Miali (Italy)
Refurbishment of the Santu Miali hydropower plant
Kabwe urban water supply scheme.
Reservoir storage capacity: 12 Mm³.
Gibe III (Ethiopia)
The design of this record breaking 250 m high RCC dam has proved to be one of...
Gibe II (Ethiopia)
Gibe II is the second stage of the Gibe-Omo hydroelectric cascade which...
Impianto Idroelettrico (PI = 255 MW) sul fiume Lunsemfwa a valle della diga...
Uribante Doradas (Venezuela)
Hydroelectric project with IP = 300 MW.
The scope of the assignment is the rehabilitation of the existing Hermitage...