Oromia region - Ethiopia
1995 - 2003
Description for Gilgel Gibe (Ethiopia)
Hydroelectric power plant (IP = 200 MW) including rockfill dam, underground power house and auxiliary works.
- Rockfill Dam with bituminous upstream facing (H = 40 m, L = 1'600 m, Embankment volume V = 2.5 Mm³, bituminous face A = 105.000 m²)
- Spillway (No. 4 gates 12x8.5 m, L = 48m, Q = 2'250 m³/s)
- Power Tunnel (L = 8.8 km, D = 5.5 m)
- Surge Shaft (H = 110 m, D = 14 m)
- Underground Power House (83x22, 5x41 m, No. 3 Francis turbines, IP = 3x66,7 MW)
Giurgiu Ramiresti (Romania)
Irrigation scheme with water from the Danube and irrigated area of 155'000...
Uribante Doradas (Venezuela)
Hydroelectric project with IP = 300 MW.
Montedoglio dam has suffered some damages at the spillway and dam body due to...
Bituminous face rockfill dam for irrigation, water supply and hydropower...
Kabwe urban water supply scheme.
Reservoir storage capacity: 12 Mm³.
Rockfill dam with bituminous facing (BFRd) with a reservoir for irrigation,...
Limonlu HPP comprises 4 power plants in cascade to be constructed in 2 phases...
Lower Diamphwe (Malawi)
This project includes the Lower Diamphwe Multipurpose Dam and associated...
Three-dam projects for irrigation purposes.