Mikulazi Forest Reserve - Tanzania
Dar es Salaam Water & Sewage Authority (DAWASA)
2010 - in progress
Description for Kidunda (Tanzania)
Bituminous face rockfill dam for irrigation, water supply and hydropower purposes.
- Reservoir (A = 78 km², V_live = 280 Mm³)
- Rockfill Dam with bituminous facing (H = 21 m, L_crest = 860 m, V = 450'000 m³, A_grouting curtain = 24'000 m²)
- Gated spillway (L = 133 m, W = 117 m, No. 8 Gates, Q_design = 3'500 m³/s)
- Intake tower (H = 25 m, No. 4 Slide gate, HxW = 6x6 m)
- Outlet works (Type double barrel, L = 200 m, D = 6 m each)
- Tailrace Canal (L = 103 m, W = 30 m)
- Outdoor Power House (E = 60 GWh/y, IP = 20 MW, No. 2 Kaplan turbines)
- Resettlement (No. 5'000 People relocated, No. 2'000 Houses involved)
Koysha is the fourth plant of the Omo river cascade (IPtot = 4600 MW),...
Chespi is the first hydroelectric project of the Guayllabamba cascade with an...
Gilgel Gibe (Ethiopia)
Hydroelectric power plant (IP = 200 MW) including rockfill dam, underground...
Bumbuna (Sierra Leone)
This is one of our pet projects that we have faithfully followed for the past...
Bituminous face rockfill dam for irrigation, water supply and hydropower...
Maswa project including domestic water supply pipeline for the district...
Gibe III (Ethiopia)
The design of this record breaking 250 m high RCC dam has proved to be one of...
Kalivac Hydropower Plant has 108 MW of installed power.
Little Beles (Ethiopia)
Reservoir for water supply with a storage capacity equal to 3.5 Mm³.