Mikulazi Forest Reserve - Tanzania
Dar es Salaam Water & Sewage Authority (DAWASA)
2010 - in progress
Description for Kidunda (Tanzania)
Bituminous face rockfill dam for irrigation, water supply and hydropower purposes.
- Reservoir (A = 78 km², V_live = 280 Mm³)
- Rockfill Dam with bituminous facing (H = 21 m, L_crest = 860 m, V = 450'000 m³, A_grouting curtain = 24'000 m²)
- Gated spillway (L = 133 m, W = 117 m, No. 8 Gates, Q_design = 3'500 m³/s)
- Intake tower (H = 25 m, No. 4 Slide gate, HxW = 6x6 m)
- Outlet works (Type double barrel, L = 200 m, D = 6 m each)
- Tailrace Canal (L = 103 m, W = 30 m)
- Outdoor Power House (E = 60 GWh/y, IP = 20 MW, No. 2 Kaplan turbines)
- Resettlement (No. 5'000 People relocated, No. 2'000 Houses involved)
Giurgiu Ramiresti (Romania)
Irrigation scheme with water from the Danube and irrigated area of 155'000...
San Lorenzo (Italy)
San Lorenzo (Sestu) is a small hydroelectric plant to supply the water...
Water storage for irrigation, capacity 58 Mm³.
Multi-purpose project (underground hydropower plant, water supply, etc.) for...
Rio Grande (Argentina)
Hydroelectric Plant with Pumped Station.
Hydroelectric Power Plant, with IP = 525 MW, which the exploits of N° 5...
Chespi is the first hydroelectric project of the Guayllabamba cascade with an...
Dire Dam (Ethiopia)
Earthfill dam with impermeable core for water supply to Addis Ababa and to...
Enguri Cascade (Georgia)
ENGURI HPP Cascade envisages the construction of three hydropower plants on...