Kyoga Nile river - Uganda
Salini Costruttori S.p.A.
2008 - 2009
Description for Kyoga Nile (Uganda)
Kamdini (Karuma) is the first plant of the Kyoga-Nile cascade.
Kibaa is the second plant of the cascade, located 43 km downstream of Kamdini (Karuma) hpp.
Murchison is the third plant of the Kyoga-Nile cascade, located 35 km downstream of Kibaa hpp.
- Bituminous Facing Rockfill Dam ( H = 30 m , L_crest = 480 m, V_reservoir = 68 Mm³)
- Tunnels (No. 2 River Diversion tunnels L = 0.5 km, D = 12 m; No. 2 Tailrace tunnels, D = 14 m, L = 4 km)
- Canals (Headrace canal W_bottom =15 m, L = 5,7 km; Tailrace canal W =15 m, L = 2,5 km)
- Power Shaft (D = 15/17 m, L = 80 m)
- Underground Power House (No. 10 Francis Turbines, IP = 1'260 MW, H_net = 64 m)
- Bituminous Facing Rockfill Dam (H = 83 m , L_crest = 2'150 m, V_reservoir = 300 Mm³)
- Tunnels (No. 1 River Diversion tunnel, D= 14 m, L = 1 km; No. 2 Tailrace tunnels, L = 4.5 km, D = 14 m)
- Canals (Headrace canala W_bottom = 14 m, L = 10 km; Tailrace canal W_bottom = 14 m, L = 2.0 km)
- Power Shaft (D = 11/14 m, L = 140 m)
- Underground Power Houses (No. 16 Francis Turbines, IP = 2'600 MW, H_net = 131 m)
- Bituminous Facing Rockfill Dam (H = 44 m , L_crest = 1'300 m, V_reservoir = 170 Mm³)
- Tailrace Tunnels ( No. 2, D= 14 m, L = 5.5 km)
- Headrace Canal (W_bottom = 14 m; L = 0.7 km)
- Power Shaft (D = 11/14 m, L = 120 m)
- Underground Power Houses (No. 14 Francis Turbines, IP = 2'150 MW, H_net = 107 m)
Jamaica 6 (Jamaica)
Jamaica 6 project includes the feasibility for six small hpps in Jamaica and...
Three-dam projects for irrigation purposes.
Multi-purpose project (underground hydropower plant, water supply, etc.) for...
King Talal (Jordan)
The assignment comprises the assessment of conditions of the existing plant...
Gibe III (Ethiopia)
The design of this record breaking 250 m high RCC dam has proved to be one of...
Gibe II (Ethiopia)
Gibe II is the second stage of the Gibe-Omo hydroelectric cascade which...
Water storage for irrigation, capacity 58 Mm³.
Alto Temo (Italy)
Water storage plant for irrigation purposes with a capacity of 90 Mm³
Djouè river hydroelettric plant (tributary of Congo).