Kyoga Nile river - Uganda
Salini Costruttori S.p.A.
2008 - 2009
Description for Kyoga Nile (Uganda)
Kamdini (Karuma) is the first plant of the Kyoga-Nile cascade.
Kibaa is the second plant of the cascade, located 43 km downstream of Kamdini (Karuma) hpp.
Murchison is the third plant of the Kyoga-Nile cascade, located 35 km downstream of Kibaa hpp.
- Bituminous Facing Rockfill Dam ( H = 30 m , L_crest = 480 m, V_reservoir = 68 Mm³)
- Tunnels (No. 2 River Diversion tunnels L = 0.5 km, D = 12 m; No. 2 Tailrace tunnels, D = 14 m, L = 4 km)
- Canals (Headrace canal W_bottom =15 m, L = 5,7 km; Tailrace canal W =15 m, L = 2,5 km)
- Power Shaft (D = 15/17 m, L = 80 m)
- Underground Power House (No. 10 Francis Turbines, IP = 1'260 MW, H_net = 64 m)
- Bituminous Facing Rockfill Dam (H = 83 m , L_crest = 2'150 m, V_reservoir = 300 Mm³)
- Tunnels (No. 1 River Diversion tunnel, D= 14 m, L = 1 km; No. 2 Tailrace tunnels, L = 4.5 km, D = 14 m)
- Canals (Headrace canala W_bottom = 14 m, L = 10 km; Tailrace canal W_bottom = 14 m, L = 2.0 km)
- Power Shaft (D = 11/14 m, L = 140 m)
- Underground Power Houses (No. 16 Francis Turbines, IP = 2'600 MW, H_net = 131 m)
- Bituminous Facing Rockfill Dam (H = 44 m , L_crest = 1'300 m, V_reservoir = 170 Mm³)
- Tailrace Tunnels ( No. 2, D= 14 m, L = 5.5 km)
- Headrace Canal (W_bottom = 14 m; L = 0.7 km)
- Power Shaft (D = 11/14 m, L = 120 m)
- Underground Power Houses (No. 14 Francis Turbines, IP = 2'150 MW, H_net = 107 m)
Santu Miali (Italy)
Refurbishment of the Santu Miali hydropower plant
Rio Grande (Argentina)
Hydroelectric Plant with Pumped Station.
Multi-purpose project on Lake Tana, including hydropower plant and irrigation...
Giurgiu Ramiresti (Romania)
Irrigation scheme with water from the Danube and irrigated area of 155'000...
Kabuyanda is a multipurpose dam envisaged for agriculture (paddy rice and...
Gibe II (Ethiopia)
Gibe II is the second stage of the Gibe-Omo hydroelectric cascade which...
Kalivac Hydropower Plant has 108 MW of installed power.
Addis Ababa urban water supply scheme with a storage capacity of 40 Mm3.
Millennium Park (Nigeria)
Design of hydraulic works, water supply and irrigation system, reservoir and...