Jordan Valley Authority
2016 - in progress
Description for King Talal (Jordan)
The assignment comprises the assessment of conditions of the existing plant (including a dam for multi-purposes uses, waterway, a powerhouse at dam toe) and the feasibility study of refurbishment and upgrading of the existing hpp (up to 12 MW) together with a new plant (18.4 MW) located 12 km downstream of the existing one.
The assignment also foresees a Reconnaissance Study for hpps on 3 existing dams Mujib, Tannur and Wadi Arab.
Existing scheme (to be refurbished and upgraded):
- King Talal Earthfill Dam (H = 108 m, L_crest = 350 m)
- Reservoir for irrigation and hydropower: (V = 85 Mm3)
- Existing power house at dam toe (Outdoor, IP = 4 MW, H = 107 m, N° 2 Francis Turbines)
New hydropower plant:
- Additional powerhouse at dam toe (Outdoor, IP = 8 MW, H = 107 m, N° 2 Francis Turbines)
- Waterway : tunnel (L = 3 km, D = 2.5 m), Pipeline (L = 8 km, D = 2.4 m), Penstock (L = 1 km, D = 1.8 m)
- Downstream powerhouse (Outdoor, IP = 18.4 MW, H = 290 m, N° 2 Francis Turbines)
- Assessment of the conditions of the existing King Talal dam and Hpp
- Pre-feasibility study of refurbishment/upgrading of the existing and a new powerhouse at King Talal
- Feasibility study of refurbishment/upgrading of the existing and a new powerhouse at King Talal
- Environmental & Social Impact Assessment
- Bathymetrical survey, Investigations
- Reconnaissance study for the implementation of hydropower in 3 existing dams
Rockfill dam with bituminous facing (BFRd) with a reservoir for irrigation,...
Hydroelectric project on the Victoria Nile River within an installed power of...
Gibe III (Ethiopia)
The design of this record breaking 250 m high...
Rio Mannu (Italy)
Concrete gravity dam for water supply and irrigation to be constructed in two...
Arda Cascade (Bulgaria)
Hydropower cascade including the existing plants of Karjali (IP = 106 MW),...
Lufubu Cascade (Zambia)
LUFUBU HPP Cascade envisages the construction of three hydropower plants on...
Djouè river hydroelettric plant (tributary of Congo).
Bituminous face rockfill dam for irrigation, water supply and hydropower...
Batoka Gorge (Zambia)
Trans-boundary hydropower plant of 1'600 MW, equally shared among Zambia...