Jordan Valley Authority
2016 - in progress
Description for King Talal (Jordan)
The assignment comprises the assessment of conditions of the existing plant (including a dam for multi-purposes uses, waterway, a powerhouse at dam toe) and the feasibility study of refurbishment and upgrading of the existing hpp (up to 12 MW) together with a new plant (18.4 MW) located 12 km downstream of the existing one.
The assignment also foresees a Reconnaissance Study for hpps on 3 existing dams Mujib, Tannur and Wadi Arab.
Existing scheme (to be refurbished and upgraded):
- King Talal Earthfill Dam (H = 108 m, L_crest = 350 m)
- Reservoir for irrigation and hydropower: (V = 85 Mm3)
- Existing power house at dam toe (Outdoor, IP = 4 MW, H = 107 m, N° 2 Francis Turbines)
New hydropower plant:
- Additional powerhouse at dam toe (Outdoor, IP = 8 MW, H = 107 m, N° 2 Francis Turbines)
- Waterway : tunnel (L = 3 km, D = 2.5 m), Pipeline (L = 8 km, D = 2.4 m), Penstock (L = 1 km, D = 1.8 m)
- Downstream powerhouse (Outdoor, IP = 18.4 MW, H = 290 m, N° 2 Francis Turbines)
- Assessment of the conditions of the existing King Talal dam and Hpp
- Pre-feasibility study of refurbishment/upgrading of the existing and a new powerhouse at King Talal
- Feasibility study of refurbishment/upgrading of the existing and a new powerhouse at King Talal
- Environmental & Social Impact Assessment
- Bathymetrical survey, Investigations
- Reconnaissance study for the implementation of hydropower in 3 existing dams
Dire Dam (Ethiopia)
Earthfill dam with impermeable core for water supply to Addis Ababa and to...
Kabuyanda is a multipurpose dam envisaged for agriculture (paddy rice and...
Alto Temo (Italy)
Water storage plant for irrigation purposes with a capacity of 90 Mm³
Rockfill dam with bituminous facing (BFRd) with a reservoir for irrigation,...
PHASE 1: Achievement of a reservoir for flood control of the Temo...
Uribante Doradas (Venezuela)
Hydroelectric project with IP = 300 MW.
Arda Cascade (Bulgaria)
Hydropower cascade including the existing plants of Karjali (IP = 106 MW),...
Carpat PSP (Romania)
Pumped storage plant with an installed power of 300 MW.
Lusaka project including domestic water supply pipeline for the city of...