Jordan Valley Authority
2016 - in progress
Description for King Talal (Jordan)
The assignment comprises the assessment of conditions of the existing plant (including a dam for multi-purposes uses, waterway, a powerhouse at dam toe) and the feasibility study of refurbishment and upgrading of the existing hpp (up to 12 MW) together with a new plant (18.4 MW) located 12 km downstream of the existing one.
The assignment also foresees a Reconnaissance Study for hpps on 3 existing dams Mujib, Tannur and Wadi Arab.
Existing scheme (to be refurbished and upgraded):
- King Talal Earthfill Dam (H = 108 m, L_crest = 350 m)
- Reservoir for irrigation and hydropower: (V = 85 Mm3)
- Existing power house at dam toe (Outdoor, IP = 4 MW, H = 107 m, N° 2 Francis Turbines)
New hydropower plant:
- Additional powerhouse at dam toe (Outdoor, IP = 8 MW, H = 107 m, N° 2 Francis Turbines)
- Waterway : tunnel (L = 3 km, D = 2.5 m), Pipeline (L = 8 km, D = 2.4 m), Penstock (L = 1 km, D = 1.8 m)
- Downstream powerhouse (Outdoor, IP = 18.4 MW, H = 290 m, N° 2 Francis Turbines)
- Assessment of the conditions of the existing King Talal dam and Hpp
- Pre-feasibility study of refurbishment/upgrading of the existing and a new powerhouse at King Talal
- Feasibility study of refurbishment/upgrading of the existing and a new powerhouse at King Talal
- Environmental & Social Impact Assessment
- Bathymetrical survey, Investigations
- Reconnaissance study for the implementation of hydropower in 3 existing dams
Giurgiu Ramiresti (Romania)
Irrigation scheme with water from the Danube and irrigated area of 155'000...
Kabuyanda is a multipurpose dam envisaged for agriculture (paddy rice and...
Gibe II (Ethiopia)
Gibe II is the second stage of the Gibe-Omo hydroelectric cascade which...
Simbirizzi (Settimo S. Pietro) is a small hydroelectric plant to supply the...
Chespi is the first hydroelectric project of the Guayllabamba cascade with an...
Rockfill dam with bituminous facing (BFRd) with a reservoir for irrigation,...
Hydroelectric project on the Victoria Nile River within an installed power of...
Addis Ababa urban water supply scheme with a storage capacity of 40 Mm3.
Bituminous face rockfill dam for irrigation, water supply and hydropower...