Oromia region - Ethiopia
Salini Impregilo S.p.A.
2016 - in progress
Description for Koysha (Ethiopia)
Koysha is the fourth plant of the Omo river cascade (IPtot = 4600 MW), comprising Gilgel Gibe (200 MW), Gibe II (420 MW) and Gibe III (1870 MW), all currently in operation.
- RCC Gravity Dam (H = 170 m, crest L = 990 m)
- U/S RCC & Rockfill Cofferdam (H = 42 m, L = 330 m)
- D/S Rockfill Cofferdam (H = 14 m, L = 210 m)
- Gated Spillway (Q=13'100 m3/s), on the abutment, with ski jump and plunge pool
- Penstocks (No. 3, L = 0.65 km, D = 9.5 m)
- Power House (type, No. 8 Francis turbines, IP = 2160 MW, synchronous generators 318 MVA at 16kV)
- Switchyard (400kV, no. 14 bays)
Addis Ababa urban water supply scheme with a storage capacity of 40 Mm3.
Jamaica 6 (Jamaica)
Jamaica 6 project includes the feasibility for six small hpps in Jamaica and...
Gibe III (Ethiopia)
The design of this record breaking 250 m high...
Arda Cascade (Bulgaria)
Hydropower cascade including the existing plants of Karjali (IP = 106 MW),...
Grand Ethiopian Renassaince Dam
This majestic project, born of the vision and...
Refurbishment of the Uvini hydropower plant.
Montedoglio dam has suffered some damages at the spillway and dam body due to...
Uribante Doradas (Venezuela)
Hydroelectric project with IP = 300 MW.
Rockfill dam with bituminous facing (BFRd) with a reservoir for irrigation,...