Oromia region - Ethiopia
Salini Impregilo S.p.A.
2016 - in progress
Description for Koysha (Ethiopia)
Koysha is the fourth plant of the Omo river cascade (IPtot = 4600 MW), comprising Gilgel Gibe (200 MW), Gibe II (420 MW) and Gibe III (1870 MW), all currently in operation.
- RCC Gravity Dam (H = 170 m, crest L = 990 m)
- U/S RCC & Rockfill Cofferdam (H = 42 m, L = 330 m)
- D/S Rockfill Cofferdam (H = 14 m, L = 210 m)
- Gated Spillway (Q=13'100 m3/s), on the abutment, with ski jump and plunge pool
- Penstocks (No. 3, L = 0.65 km, D = 9.5 m)
- Power House (type, No. 8 Francis turbines, IP = 2160 MW, synchronous generators 318 MVA at 16kV)
- Switchyard (400kV, no. 14 bays)
Dabus HPP cascade is located on the Dabus river, a north-flowing tributary of...
Gibe III (Ethiopia)
The design of this record breaking 250 m high...
Djouè river hydroelettric plant (tributary of Congo).
Impianto Idroelettrico (PI = 255 MW) sul fiume Lunsemfwa a valle della diga...
Grand Ethiopian Renassaince Dam
This majestic project, born of the vision and...
Lower Diamphwe (Malawi)
This project includes the Lower Diamphwe Multipurpose Dam and associated...
Santu Miali (Italy)
Refurbishment of the Santu Miali hydropower plant
Water storage plant for irrigation purposes with a reservoir capacity of 42...
Kabuyanda is a multipurpose dam envisaged for agriculture (paddy rice and...