Oromia region - Ethiopia
Salini Impregilo S.p.A.
2016 - in progress
Description for Koysha (Ethiopia)
Koysha is the fourth plant of the Omo river cascade (IPtot = 4600 MW), comprising Gilgel Gibe (200 MW), Gibe II (420 MW) and Gibe III (1870 MW), all currently in operation.
- RCC Gravity Dam (H = 170 m, crest L = 990 m)
- U/S RCC & Rockfill Cofferdam (H = 42 m, L = 330 m)
- D/S Rockfill Cofferdam (H = 14 m, L = 210 m)
- Gated Spillway (Q=13'100 m3/s), on the abutment, with ski jump and plunge pool
- Penstocks (No. 3, L = 0.65 km, D = 9.5 m)
- Power House (type, No. 8 Francis turbines, IP = 2160 MW, synchronous generators 318 MVA at 16kV)
- Switchyard (400kV, no. 14 bays)
Hydroelectric project on the Victoria Nile River within an installed power of...
Dabus HPP cascade is located on the Dabus river, a north-flowing tributary of...
Bagré (Burkina Faso)
Bagré multipurpose scheme was built in 1993 and is located along Nakambé...
Millennium Park (Nigeria)
Design of hydraulic works, water supply and irrigation system, reservoir and...
Batoka Gorge (Zambia)
Trans-boundary hydropower plant of 1'600 MW, equally shared among Zambia...
Addis Ababa urban water supply scheme with a storage capacity of 40 Mm3.
Lower Diamphwe (Malawi)
This project includes the Lower Diamphwe Multipurpose Dam and associated...
Multi-purpose project on Lake Tana, including hydropower plant and irrigation...
Ulu Jelai (Malaysia)