Ministry of Natural Resources & Energy (Department of Water Affairs)
2016 - in progress
Description for Nondvo (Swaziland)
The main purposes of Mbabane - Manzini project are:
- provide potable water to the two cities of Mbabane and Manzini, but in the limits established by the Tripartite Agreement signed with South Africa and Mozambique;
- increase downstream irrigation;
- increase hydropower generation at Edwaleni and Magaduza hydropower stations;
- augment the urban raw water supply for Matsapha/Manzini;
- exploit the available Nondvo dam head for hydropower generation.
- GRAVITY Dam (H = 55 m, Vreservoir = 90 Mm3)
- Powerhouse (Francis Turbines, IP = 600 kW, Q =2.5 m3/s, Eavg = 4 GWh/y)
- Irrigation Area (approx. 3,500 ha)
- Water Supply (approx. 200,000 population)
Gibe III (Ethiopia)
The design of this record breaking 250 m high...
NAO (Sierra Leone)
Restore of the MV and LV distribution system in the two towns of Makeni and...
Roma Est (Italy)
Sewage treatment plant for domestic and industrial waste water.
Gibe V (Ethiopia)
Gibe V is the fifth stage of the Gibe-Omo hydroelectric cascade which...
Tana Beles (Ethiopia)
The ambitious Tana Beles project was located in the Metekel district of...
Giurgiu Ramiresti (Romania)
Irrigation scheme with water from the Danube and irrigated area of 155'000...
Alto Temo (Italy)
Water storage plant for irrigation purposes with a capacity of 90 Mm³
Rockfill dam with bituminous facing (BFRd) with a reservoir for irrigation,...
Water storage plant for irrigation purposes with a reservoir capacity of 42...