Ministry of Natural Resources & Energy (Department of Water Affairs)
2016 - in progress
Description for Nondvo (Swaziland)
The main purposes of Mbabane - Manzini project are:
- provide potable water to the two cities of Mbabane and Manzini, but in the limits established by the Tripartite Agreement signed with South Africa and Mozambique;
- increase downstream irrigation;
- increase hydropower generation at Edwaleni and Magaduza hydropower stations;
- augment the urban raw water supply for Matsapha/Manzini;
- exploit the available Nondvo dam head for hydropower generation.
- GRAVITY Dam (H = 55 m, Vreservoir = 90 Mm3)
- Powerhouse (Francis Turbines, IP = 600 kW, Q =2.5 m3/s, Eavg = 4 GWh/y)
- Irrigation Area (approx. 3,500 ha)
- Water Supply (approx. 200,000 population)
Addis Ababa urban water supply scheme with a storage capacity of 40 Mm3.
Jamaica 5 (Jamaica)
This project includes prefeasibility and feasibility studies for five small...
Lower Diamphwe (Malawi)
This project includes the Lower Diamphwe Multipurpose Dam and associated...
Bumbuna (Sierra Leone)
This is one of our pet projects that we have...
Lusaka project including domestic water supply pipeline for the city of...
San Lorenzo (Italy)
San Lorenzo (Sestu) is a small hydroelectric plant to supply the water...
Three-dam projects for irrigation purposes.
Hydroelectric Power Plant, with IP = 525 MW, which the exploits of N° 5...
Tana Beles (Ethiopia)
The ambitious Tana Beles project was located in the Metekel district of...