Ministry of Natural Resources & Energy (Department of Water Affairs)
2016 - in progress
Description for Nondvo (Swaziland)
The main purposes of Mbabane - Manzini project are:
- provide potable water to the two cities of Mbabane and Manzini, but in the limits established by the Tripartite Agreement signed with South Africa and Mozambique;
- increase downstream irrigation;
- increase hydropower generation at Edwaleni and Magaduza hydropower stations;
- augment the urban raw water supply for Matsapha/Manzini;
- exploit the available Nondvo dam head for hydropower generation.
- GRAVITY Dam (H = 55 m, Vreservoir = 90 Mm3)
- Powerhouse (Francis Turbines, IP = 600 kW, Q =2.5 m3/s, Eavg = 4 GWh/y)
- Irrigation Area (approx. 3,500 ha)
- Water Supply (approx. 200,000 population)
Jamaica 5 (Jamaica)
This project includes prefeasibility and feasibility studies for five small...
Bituminous face rockfill dam for irrigation, water supply and hydropower...
Koysha is the fourth plant of the Omo river cascade (IPtot = 4600 MW),...
Roma Est (Italy)
Sewage treatment plant for domestic and industrial waste water.
Rio Grande (Argentina)
Hydroelectric Plant with Pumped Station.
Arda Cascade (Bulgaria)
Hydropower cascade including the existing plants of Karjali (IP = 106 MW),...
Kabuyanda is a multipurpose dam envisaged for agriculture (paddy rice and...
Santu Miali (Italy)
Refurbishment of the Santu Miali hydropower plant
Reservoir capacity augmentation through the heightening of an existing...