Ministry of Natural Resources & Energy (Department of Water Affairs)
2016 - in progress
Description for Nondvo (Swaziland)
The main purposes of Mbabane - Manzini project are:
- provide potable water to the two cities of Mbabane and Manzini, but in the limits established by the Tripartite Agreement signed with South Africa and Mozambique;
- increase downstream irrigation;
- increase hydropower generation at Edwaleni and Magaduza hydropower stations;
- augment the urban raw water supply for Matsapha/Manzini;
- exploit the available Nondvo dam head for hydropower generation.
- GRAVITY Dam (H = 55 m, Vreservoir = 90 Mm3)
- Powerhouse (Francis Turbines, IP = 600 kW, Q =2.5 m3/s, Eavg = 4 GWh/y)
- Irrigation Area (approx. 3,500 ha)
- Water Supply (approx. 200,000 population)
Jamaica 6 (Jamaica)
Jamaica 6 project includes the feasibility for six small hpps in Jamaica and...
Anguilles dam (Mauritius)
The scope of the project is to make use of the water resources of the...
Bumbuna Hydropower (Sierra Leone)
This is one of our pet projects that we have...
Dire Dam (Ethiopia)
Earthfill dam with impermeable core for water supply to Addis Ababa and to...
Kabwe urban water supply scheme.
Reservoir storage capacity: 12 Mm³.
Batoka Gorge Hydropower (Zambia/Zimbabwe)
The prestigious project of Batoka Gorge, with...
Rio Grande Hydropower (Argentina)
Hydroelectric Plant with Pumped Station.
Grand Ethiopian Renaissance Dam Hydropower (Ethiopia)
This majestic project, born of the vision and...
Kariba Dam (Zambia)
This project foresees the rehabilitation for the...