Ministry of Natural Resources & Energy (Department of Water Affairs)
2016 - in progress
Description for Nondvo (Swaziland)
The main purposes of Mbabane - Manzini project are:
- provide potable water to the two cities of Mbabane and Manzini, but in the limits established by the Tripartite Agreement signed with South Africa and Mozambique;
- increase downstream irrigation;
- increase hydropower generation at Edwaleni and Magaduza hydropower stations;
- augment the urban raw water supply for Matsapha/Manzini;
- exploit the available Nondvo dam head for hydropower generation.
- GRAVITY Dam (H = 55 m, Vreservoir = 90 Mm3)
- Powerhouse (Francis Turbines, IP = 600 kW, Q =2.5 m3/s, Eavg = 4 GWh/y)
- Irrigation Area (approx. 3,500 ha)
- Water Supply (approx. 200,000 population)
Water supply system for the district of Abuja, including pipelines, pumping...
Kabuyanda is a multipurpose dam envisaged for agriculture (paddy rice and...
Porto Romano (Italy)
Yacht Harbour is on the right side of the Tevere River floodplain, about 1 km...
Giurgiu Ramiresti (Romania)
Irrigation scheme with water from the Danube and irrigated area of 155'000...
Kabwe urban water supply scheme.
Reservoir storage capacity: 12 Mm³.
Bituminous face rockfill dam for irrigation, water supply and hydropower...
Batoka Gorge (Zambia)
Trans-boundary hydropower plant of 1'600 MW, equally shared among Zambia...
PHASE 1: Achievement of a reservoir for flood control of the Temo...
Lusaka project including domestic water supply pipeline for the city of...