Ministry of Natural Resources & Energy (Department of Water Affairs)
2016 - in progress
Description for Nondvo (Swaziland)
The main purposes of Mbabane - Manzini project are:
- provide potable water to the two cities of Mbabane and Manzini, but in the limits established by the Tripartite Agreement signed with South Africa and Mozambique;
- increase downstream irrigation;
- increase hydropower generation at Edwaleni and Magaduza hydropower stations;
- augment the urban raw water supply for Matsapha/Manzini;
- exploit the available Nondvo dam head for hydropower generation.
- GRAVITY Dam (H = 55 m, Vreservoir = 90 Mm3)
- Powerhouse (Francis Turbines, IP = 600 kW, Q =2.5 m3/s, Eavg = 4 GWh/y)
- Irrigation Area (approx. 3,500 ha)
- Water Supply (approx. 200,000 population)
Roma Est (Italy)
Sewage treatment plant for domestic and industrial waste water.
Dire Dam (Ethiopia)
Earthfill dam with impermeable core for water supply to Addis Ababa and to...
Water storage for irrigation, capacity 58 Mm³.
Simbirizzi (Settimo S. Pietro) is a small hydroelectric plant to supply the...
Hydroelectric Power Plant, with IP = 525 MW, which the exploits of N° 5...
Montedoglio dam has suffered some damages at the spillway and dam body due to...
Millennium Park (Nigeria)
Design of hydraulic works, water supply and irrigation system, reservoir and...
Vranduk (Bosnia and Herzegovina)
Vranduk project consists in a run off river power plant with an installed...
King Talal (Jordan)
The assignment comprises the assessment of conditions of the existing plant...