Zambesi River - Zambia and Zimbabwe
Zambezi River Authority (ZRA)
2014 - in progress
Description for Batoka Gorge (Zambia)
Trans-boundary hydropower plant of 1'600 MW, equally shared among Zambia and Zimbabwe, foreseen on the Zambesi River, between Victoria Falls and the existing Lake Kariba.
- RCC arch-gravity dam (H = 181 m, L_crest = 767 m, V_rcc = 4 Mm³)
- Spillway on dam (Q = 20'000 m³/s, No. 7 radial gates, W x H = 14 x 13 m)
- No. 4 headrace tunnels (D = 8.9 m, L = 250 - 450 m)
- No. 4 penstock shafts (D = 7 m, H = 120 m)
- No. 2 power houses (No. 4 x 2 Francis turbines, Q = 1'000 m³/s, IP = 1'600 MW)
- Transmission lines (L = 200 km @ 330 kV in Zambia, L = 140 km @ 420 kV in Zimbabwe)
San Lorenzo (Italy)
San Lorenzo (Sestu) is a small hydroelectric plant to supply the water...
Dam built to provide a reservoir for the urban water supply of Genoa.
Namakhvani Cascade (Georgia)
Namakhvani HPP Cascade, includes the construction of three hydropower schemes...
Ruzizi Transmission Lines
Studio Pietrangeli is a consultancy firm specialized in transmission lines...
Hydroelectric Power Plant, with IP = 525 MW, which the exploits of N° 5...
Kalivac Hydropower Plant has 108 MW of installed power.
La Gogue (Seychelles)
The scope of the assignment is the rehabilitation and upgrade of the existing...
Arda Cascade (Bulgaria)
Hydropower cascade including the existing plants of Karjali (IP = 106 MW),...
Limonlu HPP comprises 4 power plants in cascade to be constructed in 2 phases...