Zambesi River - Zambia and Zimbabwe
Zambezi River Authority (ZRA)
2014 - in progress
Description for Batoka Gorge (Zambia)
Trans-boundary hydropower plant of 1'600 MW, equally shared among Zambia and Zimbabwe, foreseen on the Zambesi River, between Victoria Falls and the existing Lake Kariba.
- RCC arch-gravity dam (H = 181 m, L_crest = 767 m, V_rcc = 4 Mm³)
- Spillway on dam (Q = 20'000 m³/s, No. 7 radial gates, W x H = 14 x 13 m)
- No. 4 headrace tunnels (D = 8.9 m, L = 250 - 450 m)
- No. 4 penstock shafts (D = 7 m, H = 120 m)
- No. 2 power houses (No. 4 x 2 Francis turbines, Q = 1'000 m³/s, IP = 1'600 MW)
- Transmission lines (L = 200 km @ 330 kV in Zambia, L = 140 km @ 420 kV in Zimbabwe)
Three-dam projects for irrigation purposes.
Dire Dam (Ethiopia)
Earthfill dam with impermeable core for water supply to Addis Ababa and to...
Tana Beles (Ethiopia)
The ambitious Tana Beles project was located in the Metekel district of...
Ulu Jelai (Malaysia)
Multi-purpose project on Lake Tana, including hydropower plant and irrigation...
Gilgel Gibe (Ethiopia)
Hydroelectric power plant (IP = 200 MW) including rockfill dam, underground...
La Gogue (Seychelles)
The scope of the assignment is the rehabilitation and upgrade of the existing...
Ruzizi Transmission Lines
Studio Pietrangeli is a consultancy firm specialized in transmission lines...
Porto Romano (Italy)
Yacht Harbour is on the right side of the Tevere River floodplain, about 1 km...