Zambesi River - Zambia and Zimbabwe
Zambezi River Authority (ZRA)
2014 - in progress
Description for Batoka Gorge (Zambia)
Trans-boundary hydropower plant of 1'600 MW, equally shared among Zambia and Zimbabwe, foreseen on the Zambesi River, between Victoria Falls and the existing Lake Kariba.
- RCC arch-gravity dam (H = 181 m, L_crest = 767 m, V_rcc = 4 Mm³)
- Spillway on dam (Q = 20'000 m³/s, No. 7 radial gates, W x H = 14 x 13 m)
- No. 4 headrace tunnels (D = 8.9 m, L = 250 - 450 m)
- No. 4 penstock shafts (D = 7 m, H = 120 m)
- No. 2 power houses (No. 4 x 2 Francis turbines, Q = 1'000 m³/s, IP = 1'600 MW)
- Transmission lines (L = 200 km @ 330 kV in Zambia, L = 140 km @ 420 kV in Zimbabwe)
Rockfill dam with bituminous facing (BFRd) with a reservoir for irrigation,...
Dire Dam (Ethiopia)
Earthfill dam with impermeable core for water supply to Addis Ababa and to...
Lower Diamphwe (Malawi)
This project includes the Lower Diamphwe Multipurpose Dam and associated...
Multi-purpose project on Lake Tana, including hydropower plant and irrigation...
Porto Romano (Italy)
Yacht Harbour is on the right side of the Tevere River floodplain, about 1 km...
Bituminous face rockfill dam for irrigation, water supply and hydropower...
Gibe III (Ethiopia)
The design of this record breaking 250 m high...
PHASE 1: Achievement of a reservoir for flood control of the Temo...
NAO (Sierra Leone)
Restore of the MV and LV distribution system in the two towns of Makeni and...