Zambesi River - Zambia and Zimbabwe
Zambezi River Authority (ZRA)
2014 - in progress
Description for Batoka Gorge (Zambia)
Trans-boundary hydropower plant of 1'600 MW, equally shared among Zambia and Zimbabwe, foreseen on the Zambesi River, between Victoria Falls and the existing Lake Kariba.
- RCC arch-gravity dam (H = 181 m, L_crest = 767 m, V_rcc = 4 Mm³)
- Spillway on dam (Q = 20'000 m³/s, No. 7 radial gates, W x H = 14 x 13 m)
- No. 4 headrace tunnels (D = 8.9 m, L = 250 - 450 m)
- No. 4 penstock shafts (D = 7 m, H = 120 m)
- No. 2 power houses (No. 4 x 2 Francis turbines, Q = 1'000 m³/s, IP = 1'600 MW)
- Transmission lines (L = 200 km @ 330 kV in Zambia, L = 140 km @ 420 kV in Zimbabwe)
Santu Miali (Italy)
Refurbishment of the Santu Miali hydropower plant
Jamaica 5 (Jamaica)
This project includes prefeasibility and feasibility studies for five small...
Bituminous face rockfill dam for irrigation, water supply and hydropower...
Bagré (Burkina Faso)
Bagré multipurpose scheme was built in 1993 and is located along Nakambé...
Storage works for Famagusta urban water supply.
Chespi is the first hydroelectric project of the Guayllabamba cascade with an...
Carpat PSP (Romania)
Pumped storage plant with an installed power of 300 MW.
Montedoglio dam has suffered some damages at the spillway and dam body due to...
Simbirizzi (Settimo S. Pietro) is a small hydroelectric plant to supply the...