Zambesi River - Zambia and Zimbabwe
Zambezi River Authority (ZRA)
2014 - in progress
Description for Batoka Gorge (Zambia)
Trans-boundary hydropower plant of 1'600 MW, equally shared among Zambia and Zimbabwe, foreseen on the Zambesi River, between Victoria Falls and the existing Lake Kariba.
- RCC arch-gravity dam (H = 181 m, L_crest = 767 m, V_rcc = 4 Mm³)
- Spillway on dam (Q = 20'000 m³/s, No. 7 radial gates, W x H = 14 x 13 m)
- No. 4 headrace tunnels (D = 8.9 m, L = 250 - 450 m)
- No. 4 penstock shafts (D = 7 m, H = 120 m)
- No. 2 power houses (No. 4 x 2 Francis turbines, Q = 1'000 m³/s, IP = 1'600 MW)
- Transmission lines (L = 200 km @ 330 kV in Zambia, L = 140 km @ 420 kV in Zimbabwe)
Enguri Cascade (Georgia)
ENGURI HPP Cascade envisages the construction of three hydropower plants on...
Namakhvani Cascade (Georgia)
Namakhvani HPP Cascade, includes the construction of three hydropower schemes...
Jamaica 5 (Jamaica)
This project includes prefeasibility and feasibility studies for five small...
Gabon - Congo Interconnector (INTGACO)
The project consists of the design and tender documents of the 400 kV...
NAO (Sierra Leone)
Restore of the MV and LV distribution system in the two towns of Makeni and...
Maswa project including domestic water supply pipeline for the district...
Simbirizzi (Settimo S. Pietro) is a small hydroelectric plant to supply the...
Millennium Park (Nigeria)
Design of hydraulic works, water supply and irrigation system, reservoir and...
Tana Beles (Ethiopia)
The ambitious Tana Beles project was located in the Metekel district of...