Zambesi River - Zambia and Zimbabwe
Zambezi River Authority (ZRA)
2014 - in progress
Description for Batoka Gorge (Zambia)
Trans-boundary hydropower plant of 1'600 MW, equally shared among Zambia and Zimbabwe, foreseen on the Zambesi River, between Victoria Falls and the existing Lake Kariba.
- RCC arch-gravity dam (H = 181 m, L_crest = 767 m, V_rcc = 4 Mm³)
- Spillway on dam (Q = 20'000 m³/s, No. 7 radial gates, W x H = 14 x 13 m)
- No. 4 headrace tunnels (D = 8.9 m, L = 250 - 450 m)
- No. 4 penstock shafts (D = 7 m, H = 120 m)
- No. 2 power houses (No. 4 x 2 Francis turbines, Q = 1'000 m³/s, IP = 1'600 MW)
- Transmission lines (L = 200 km @ 330 kV in Zambia, L = 140 km @ 420 kV in Zimbabwe)
Rockfill dam with bituminous facing (BFRd) with a reservoir for irrigation,...
Maswa project including domestic water supply pipeline for the district...
Gibe III (Ethiopia)
The design of this record breaking 250 m high...
Tana Beles (Ethiopia)
The ambitious Tana Beles project was located in the Metekel district of...
Water storage for irrigation, capacity 58 Mm³.
Giurgiu Ramiresti (Romania)
Irrigation scheme with water from the Danube and irrigated area of 155'000...
Hydroelectric project on the Victoria Nile River within an installed power of...
Koysha is the fourth plant of the Omo river cascade (IPtot = 4600 MW),...
PHASE 1: Achievement of a reservoir for flood control of the Temo...