Zambesi River - Zambia and Zimbabwe
Zambezi River Authority (ZRA)
2014 - in progress
Description for Batoka Gorge (Zambia)
Trans-boundary hydropower plant of 1'600 MW, equally shared among Zambia and Zimbabwe, foreseen on the Zambesi River, between Victoria Falls and the existing Lake Kariba.
- RCC arch-gravity dam (H = 181 m, L_crest = 767 m, V_rcc = 4 Mm³)
- Spillway on dam (Q = 20'000 m³/s, No. 7 radial gates, W x H = 14 x 13 m)
- No. 4 headrace tunnels (D = 8.9 m, L = 250 - 450 m)
- No. 4 penstock shafts (D = 7 m, H = 120 m)
- No. 2 power houses (No. 4 x 2 Francis turbines, Q = 1'000 m³/s, IP = 1'600 MW)
- Transmission lines (L = 200 km @ 330 kV in Zambia, L = 140 km @ 420 kV in Zimbabwe)
Three-dam projects for irrigation purposes.
Jamaica 5 (Jamaica)
This project includes prefeasibility and feasibility studies for five small...
Bituminous face rockfill dam for irrigation, water supply and hydropower...
Ulu Jelai (Malaysia)
Lower Diamphwe (Malawi)
This project includes the Lower Diamphwe Multipurpose Dam and associated...
Lusaka project including domestic water supply pipeline for the city of...
Rio Mannu (Italy)
Concrete gravity dam for water supply and irrigation to be constructed in two...
Uribante Doradas (Venezuela)
Hydroelectric project with IP = 300 MW.
Water storage for irrigation, capacity 58 Mm³.