Zambesi River - Zambia and Zimbabwe
Zambezi River Authority (ZRA)
2014 - in progress
Description for Batoka Gorge (Zambia)
Trans-boundary hydropower plant of 1'600 MW, equally shared among Zambia and Zimbabwe, foreseen on the Zambesi River, between Victoria Falls and the existing Lake Kariba.
- RCC arch-gravity dam (H = 181 m, L_crest = 767 m, V_rcc = 4 Mm³)
- Spillway on dam (Q = 20'000 m³/s, No. 7 radial gates, W x H = 14 x 13 m)
- No. 4 headrace tunnels (D = 8.9 m, L = 250 - 450 m)
- No. 4 penstock shafts (D = 7 m, H = 120 m)
- No. 2 power houses (No. 4 x 2 Francis turbines, Q = 1'000 m³/s, IP = 1'600 MW)
- Transmission lines (L = 200 km @ 330 kV in Zambia, L = 140 km @ 420 kV in Zimbabwe)
Hydroelectric project on the Victoria Nile River within an installed power of...
Refurbishment of the Uvini hydropower plant.
Montedoglio dam has suffered some damages at the spillway and dam body due to...
Roma Est (Italy)
Sewage treatment plant for domestic and industrial waste water.
Impianto Idroelettrico (PI = 255 MW) sul fiume Lunsemfwa a valle della diga...
NAO (Sierra Leone)
Restore of the MV and LV distribution system in the two towns of Makeni and...
La Gogue (Seychelles)
The scope of the assignment is the rehabilitation and upgrade of the existing...
Lower Diamphwe (Malawi)
This project includes the Lower Diamphwe Multipurpose Dam and associated...
Santu Miali (Italy)
Refurbishment of the Santu Miali hydropower plant