Lake Tana - Ethiopia
Salini Costruttori S.p.A.
2005 – 2011
Description for Beles (Ethiopia)
Multi-purpose project on Lake Tana, including hydropower plant and irrigation works.
- Lake Tana as a reservoir (V = 32'270 Mm³)
- Headrace tunnel (L = 11 km, D = 8 m)
- Surge shaft (H = 91 m, D = 18 m)
- Penstock (L = 286 m, D = 6.5 m)
- Underground power house (No. 4 Francis turbines, IP = 460 MW, E = 1'720 GWh/y)
- No. 3 weirs for irrigation purposes
Gibe III (Ethiopia)
The design of this record breaking 250 m high RCC dam has proved to be one of...
Three-dam projects for irrigation purposes.
San Lorenzo (Italy)
San Lorenzo (Sestu) is a small hydroelectric plant to supply the water...
Little Beles (Ethiopia)
Reservoir for water supply with a storage capacity equal to 3.5 Mm³.
Lower Diamphwe (Malawi)
This project includes the Lower Diamphwe Multipurpose Dam and associated...
The scope of the assignment is the rehabilitation of the existing Hermitage...
Dabus HPP cascade is located on the Dabus river, a north-flowing tributary of...
Lufubu Cascade (Zambia)
LUFUBU HPP Cascade envisages the construction of three hydropower plants on...
Addis Ababa urban water supply scheme with a storage capacity of 40 Mm3.