Southern region - Bulgaria
Enel Power S.p.A.
2001 - 2002
Description for Arda Cascade (Bulgaria)
Hydropower cascade including the existing plants of Karjali (IP = 106 MW), Studen Kladenets (IP = 60 MW), Ivailovgrad (IP = 103 MW) and the planned plants of Madan (IP = 47 MW), Sarnitsa (IP = 69 MW) and Ardino (56 MW + mini-hydro of 2 MW).
- Reservoir (V = 168 Mm³)
- RCC arch-gravity dam (H = 110 m, L_crest = 365 m, V = 0.55 Mm³)
- Spillway (Q = 2'500 m³/s, No. 6 flap gates = 6 x 6 m)
- Outdoor powerhouse (No. 2 Francis turbines, IP = 56.6 MW, E = 148.5 GWh/y)
- Mini-hydro (IP = 2 MW, E = 12.4 GWh/y)
- Review of the previous feasibility studies (in collaboration with Enel Power)
- Feasibility study of the Ardino hpp
- Design of the Ardino dam and the appurtenant structures
PHASE 1: Achievement of a reservoir for flood control of the Temo...
Multi-purpose project (underground hydropower plant, water supply, etc.) for...
Lusaka project including domestic water supply pipeline for the city of...
NAO (Sierra Leone)
Restore of the MV and LV distribution system in the two towns of Makeni and...
Dire Dam (Ethiopia)
Earthfill dam with impermeable core for water supply to Addis Ababa and to...
Rio Mannu (Italy)
Concrete gravity dam for water supply and irrigation to be constructed in two...
Dam built to provide a reservoir for the urban water supply of Genoa.
Gilgel Gibe (Ethiopia)
Hydroelectric power plant (IP = 200 MW) including rockfill dam, underground...
Bumbuna (Sierra Leone)
This is one of our pet projects that we have...