2015 - 2017
Description for Bagré (Burkina Faso)
Bagré multipurpose scheme was built in 1993 and is located along Nakambé river.
The dam and hydropower plant are operating with a reservoir partially filled with sediments. The assignment consists in the appraisal of the current conditions of the project especially in order to allow a further development of the irrigation uses of the reservoir.
- Catchment (Surface = 33'500 km2)
- Earthfill dam (H = 41 m, L = 4,5 km, Reservoir = 1'700 Mm3)
- Hydropower production (No. 2 Kaplan Turbines, IP = 17 MW)
- Irrigation (No. 2 Irrigation canals, Irrigated surface = 8'100 hectares)
- Total installed population in the province (610'000 inhabitants)
- Sociologic survey aimed to the identification of water users
- Land cover study using satellite imagery and RUSLE model
- Execution of bathymetry on the whole reservoir (1'700 Mm3)
- Topographic survey with LiDAR technology an about 580 km2 surface
- Tender documents for reservoir refurbishment especially through de-silting works
Djouè river hydroelettric plant (tributary of Congo).
This majestic project, born of the vision and imagination of Giorgio...
Ruzizi (Burundi, Rwanda, DRC)
The main components of the project are: the Kamanyola Electrical Substation,...
Kalivac Hydropower Plant has 108 MW of installed power.
Hydroelectric project on the Victoria Nile River within an installed power of...
Bituminous face rockfill dam for irrigation, water supply and hydropower...
King Talal (Jordan)
The assignment comprises the assessment of conditions of the existing plant...
La Gogue (Seychelles)
The scope of the assignment is the rehabilitation and upgrade of the existing...
Gibe II (Ethiopia)
Gibe II is the second stage of the Gibe-Omo hydroelectric cascade which...