Oromia region - Ethiopia
Salini Costruttori S.p.A.
2008 – 2009
Description for Gibe V (Ethiopia)
Gibe V is the fifth stage of the Gibe-Omo hydroelectric cascade which includes Gilgel Gibe, Gibe II (operating), Gibe III (under completion) and Gibe IV (planned).
- RCC Gravity Dam (H = 78 m, L_crest = 580 m)
- Spillway on dam body (N° 10 gates, W x H 12x19 m)
- River Diversion Works (No. 2 culverts, D = 12 m, L = 240 m)
- Cofferdam (H = 20 m, L = 240 m , rockfill with internal membrane)
- Dam body Power House (No. 10 Francis turbines, IP = 10x66 MW)
- Switchyard (200 x 150 m, 400 kV line bays)
King Talal (Jordan)
The assignment comprises the assessment of conditions of the existing plant...
Dabus HPP cascade is located on the Dabus river, a north-flowing tributary of...
Rio Grande (Argentina)
Hydroelectric Plant with Pumped Station.
The scope of the assignment is the rehabilitation of the existing Hermitage...
Reservoir capacity augmentation through the heightening of an existing...
Millennium Park (Nigeria)
Design of hydraulic works, water supply and irrigation system, reservoir and...
Multi-purpose project on Lake Tana, including hydropower plant and irrigation...
Simbirizzi (Settimo S. Pietro) is a small hydroelectric plant to supply the...
Bumbuna (Sierra Leone)
This is one of our pet projects that we have faithfully followed for the past...