Oromia region - Ethiopia
Salini Costruttori S.p.A.
2008 – 2009
Description for Gibe V (Ethiopia)
Gibe V is the fifth stage of the Gibe-Omo hydroelectric cascade which includes Gilgel Gibe, Gibe II (operating), Gibe III (under completion) and Gibe IV (planned).
- RCC Gravity Dam (H = 78 m, L_crest = 580 m)
- Spillway on dam body (N° 10 gates, W x H 12x19 m)
- River Diversion Works (No. 2 culverts, D = 12 m, L = 240 m)
- Cofferdam (H = 20 m, L = 240 m , rockfill with internal membrane)
- Dam body Power House (No. 10 Francis turbines, IP = 10x66 MW)
- Switchyard (200 x 150 m, 400 kV line bays)
Impianto Idroelettrico (PI = 255 MW) sul fiume Lunsemfwa a valle della diga...
NAO (Sierra Leone)
Restore of the MV and LV distribution system in the two towns of Makeni and...
Giurgiu Ramiresti (Romania)
Irrigation scheme with water from the Danube and irrigated area of 155'000...
Santu Miali (Italy)
Refurbishment of the Santu Miali hydropower plant
Djouè river hydroelettric plant (tributary of Congo).
Dire Dam (Ethiopia)
Earthfill dam with impermeable core for water supply to Addis Ababa and to...
Addis Ababa urban water supply scheme with a storage capacity of 40 Mm3.
Water storage for irrigation, capacity 58 Mm³.
King Talal (Jordan)
The assignment comprises the assessment of conditions of the existing plant...