Portland, St. Catherine, Trelawny, St. Thomas - Jamaica
Ministry of Science, Technology, Energy and Mining
2013 - in progress
Description for Jamaica 5 hydropower (Jamaica)
This project includes prefeasibility and feasibility studies for five small hydropower plants in Jamaica.
- No. 2 Weirs/Intake (H/L = 15 / 50 m, 30 / 94 m)
- Low pressure pipe (L = 3.9 km, D = 0.75 m)
- High pressure penstock (L = 1.5 km, D = 0.75 m)
- Power House (No. 1x2.3 MW, Pelton type)
- Weir/Intake (H = 15 m, L = 60 m)
- Low pressure pipe (L = 700 m, D = 0.6 m)
- High pressure Penstock (L = 1400 m, D = 0.6 m)
- Power House (No. 1x0.9 MW, Pelton type)
- Diversion dam (H = 30 m, L = 110 m)
- Open Channel (W = 1.8 m)
- Waterway Tunnel (L = 600 m, D = 2 m)
- Penstock (L = 350 m, D = 1.4 m)
- Power House (No. 2, 1.5 + 0.6 MW)
- Rehabilitation of existing Weir (H = 6-12 m, L = 40 m)
- Headrace Canal (L = 35 m)
- Power House (No. 1x1 MW, semi-Kaplan)
- Diversion Weir
- Open Canal (L = 2700 m)
- Power Tunnel (L = 750 m, A = 10 m2)
- Steel Penstock (L = 250 m, D = 2,7 m)
- Power House (No. 2x2.5 MW, Francis)
Bagré Multi-purpose Project (Burkina Faso)
Bagré multipurpose scheme was built in 1993 and is located along Nakambé...
Casteddu Irrigation Project (Italy)
Three-dam projects for irrigation purposes.
Rio Grande Hydropower (Argentina)
Hydroelectric Plant with Pumped Station.
Ulu Jelai (Malaysia)
Water storage plant for irrigation purposes with a reservoir capacity of 42...
Anguilles dam (Mauritius)
The scope of the project is to make use of the water resources of the...
Maswa project including domestic water supply pipeline for the district...
Ruzizi Transmission Lines
Studio Pietrangeli is a consultancy firm specialized in transmission lines...
Lufubu Hydropower Cascade (Zambia)
LUFUBU HPP Cascade envisages the construction of three hydropower plants on...