Portland, St. Catherine, Trelawny, St. Thomas - Jamaica
Ministry of Science, Technology, Energy and Mining
2013 - in progress
Description for Jamaica 5 (Jamaica)
This project includes prefeasibility and feasibility studies for five small hydropower plants in Jamaica.
- Morgan’s River:
- No. 2 Weirs/Intake (H/L = 15 / 50 m, 30 / 94 m)
- Low pressure pipe (L = 3.9 km, D = 0.75 m)
- High pressure penstock (L = 1.5 km, D = 0.75 m)
- Power House (No. 1x2.3 MW, Pelton type)
- Negro river:
- Weir/Intake (H = 15 m, L = 60 m)
- Low pressure pipe (L = 700 m, D = 0.6 m)
- High pressure Penstock (L = 1400 m, D = 0.6 m)
- Power House (No. 1x0.9 MW, Pelton type)
- Spanish River:
- Diversion dam (H = 30 m, L = 110 m)
- Open Channel (W = 1.8 m)
- Waterway Tunnel (L = 600 m, D = 2 m)
- Penstock (L = 350 m, D = 1.4 m)
- Power House (No. 2, 1.5 + 0.6 MW)
- Rio Cobre:
- Rehabilitation of existing Weir (H = 6-12 m, L = 40 m)
- Headrace Canal (L = 35 m)
- Power House (No. 1x1 MW, semi-Kaplan)
- Martha’s Brae:
- Diversion Weir
- Open Canal (L = 2700 m)
- Power Tunnel (L = 750 m, A = 10 m2)
- Steel Penstock (L = 250 m, D = 2,7 m)
- Power House (No. 2x2.5 MW, Francis)
Batoka Gorge (Zambia)
Trans-boundary hydropower plant of 1'600 MW, equally shared among Zambia...
Impianto Idroelettrico (PI = 255 MW) sul fiume Lunsemfwa a valle della diga...
Bumbuna (Sierra Leone)
This is one of our pet projects that we have...
Addis Ababa urban water supply scheme with a storage capacity of 40 Mm3.
Giurgiu Ramiresti (Romania)
Irrigation scheme with water from the Danube and irrigated area of 155'000...
Gibe II (Ethiopia)
Gibe II is the second stage of the Gibe-Omo hydroelectric cascade which...
Kabuyanda is a multipurpose dam envisaged for agriculture (paddy rice and...
Djouè river hydroelettric plant (tributary of Congo).
King Talal (Jordan)
The assignment comprises the assessment of conditions of the existing plant...