Beirut - Lebanon
Committee for Development and Reconstruction (CDR)
1992 - 1996
Description for Beirut Aqueduct (Lebanon)
Damage assessment and proposal for rehabilitation works of the capital city water supply system.
- No. 5 intakes from spring
- No. 70 main wells
- No. 2 treatment plants
- No. 19 urban storage tanks
- No. 22 pumping stations
- Supply network (L = 50 km)
- Distribution network (L = 1'170 km)
- Water resource = 250'000 m³/d
- Network losses = 60%
- Supplied population = 1'700'000 inh.
- Per capita water consumption = 60 l/cap/d
- Water resource = 350'000 m³/d
- Network losses = 35%
- Supplied population = 1'800'000 inh.
- Per capita water consumption = 120 l/cap/d
- Inspection of the intakes and of the main supply structures
- Inspection of the pipelines in the areas of visible losses
- Hydraulic study of the network in order to divide the whole area in hydraulically homogeneous systems
- Identification, programme and cost estimation of the rehabilitation works
- Supervision during rehabilitation works
Impianto Idroelettrico (PI = 255 MW) sul fiume Lunsemfwa a valle della diga...
Hydroelectric Power Plant, with IP = 525 MW, which the exploits of N° 5...
Hydroelectric project on the Victoria Nile River within an installed power of...
Ruzizi Transmission Lines
Studio Pietrangeli is a consultancy firm specialized in transmission lines...
Carpat PSP (Romania)
Pumped storage plant with an installed power of 300 MW.
Uribante Doradas (Venezuela)
Hydroelectric project with IP = 300 MW.
Arda Cascade (Bulgaria)
Hydropower cascade including the existing plants of Karjali (IP = 106 MW),...
Rio Grande Hydropower (Argentina)
Hydroelectric Plant with Pumped Station.
Water storage plant for irrigation purposes with a reservoir capacity of 42...