Beirut - Lebanon
Committee for Development and Reconstruction (CDR)
1992 - 1996
Description for Beirut Aqueduct (Lebanon)
Damage assessment and proposal for rehabilitation works of the capital city water supply system.
- No. 5 intakes from spring
- No. 70 main wells
- No. 2 treatment plants
- No. 19 urban storage tanks
- No. 22 pumping stations
- Supply network ( L = 50 km )
- Distribution network ( L = 1'170 km )
- Water resource = 250'000 m³/d
- Network losses = 60%
- Supplied population = 1'700'000 inh.
- Per capita water consumption = 60 l/cap/d
- Water resource = 350'000 m³/d
- Network losses = 35%
- Supplied population = 1'800'000 inh.
- Per capita water consumption = 120 l/cap/d
- Inspection of the intakes and of the main supply structures
- Inspection of the pipelines in the areas of visible losses
- Hydraulic study of the network in order to divide the whole area in hydraulically homogeneous systems
- Identification, program and cost estimation of the rehabilitation works
- Supervision during rehabilitation works
Malagarasi Hydropower (Tanzania)
Malagarasi HPP will be a run-of-the river...
Millennium Park Multi-Purpose Project (Nigeria)
Design of hydraulic works, water supply and irrigation system, reservoir and...
Mulembo-Lelya Hydropower (Zambia)
Mulembo-Lelya is a hydropower project located...
Mini Hydroelectric Power Plants (Jamaica)
Jamaica 6 project includes the feasibility for six small hpps in Jamaica and...
Bagré Multi-purpose Project (Burkina Faso)
Bagré multipurpose scheme was built in 1993 and is located along Nakambé...
Acerenza Dam (Italy)
Water storage plant for irrigation purposes with a reservoir capacity of 42...
Porto Romano Multi-Purpose Project (Italy)
Yacht Harbour is on the right side of the Tevere River floodplain, about 1 km...
Kikonge Multi-Purpose Project (Tanzania)
Kikonge is a multipurpose project foreseen for...
Casteddu Irrigation Project (Italy)
Three-dam projects for irrigation purposes.