Beirut - Lebanon
Committee for Development and Reconstruction (CDR)
1992 - 1996
Description for Beirut (Lebanon)
Damage assessment and proposal for rehabilitation works of the capital city water supply system.
- No. 5 intakes from spring
- No. 70 main wells
- No. 2 treatment plants
- No. 19 urban storage tanks
- No. 22 pumping stations
- Supply network (L = 50 km)
- Distribution network (L = 1'170 km)
- Water resource = 250'000 m³/d
- Network losses = 60%
- Supplied population = 1'700'000 inh.
- Per capita water consumption = 60 l/cap/d
- Water resource = 350'000 m³/d
- Network losses = 35%
- Supplied population = 1'800'000 inh.
- Per capita water consumption = 120 l/cap/d
- Inspection of the intakes and of the main supply structures
- Inspection of the pipelines in the areas of visible losses
- Hydraulic study of the network in order to divide the whole area in hydraulically homogeneous systems
- Identification, programme and cost estimation of the rehabilitation works
- Supervision during rehabilitation works
Djouè river hydroelettric plant (tributary of Congo).
Giurgiu Ramiresti (Romania)
Irrigation scheme with water from the Danube and irrigated area of 155'000...
Bagré (Burkina Faso)
Bagré multipurpose scheme was built in 1993 and is located along Nakambé...
Kalivac Hydropower Plant has 108 MW of installed power.
Dam built to provide a reservoir for the urban water supply of Genoa.
Rio Mannu (Italy)
Concrete gravity dam for water supply and irrigation to be constructed in two...
Millennium Park (Nigeria)
Design of hydraulic works, water supply and irrigation system, reservoir and...
Roma Est (Italy)
Sewage treatment plant for domestic and industrial waste water.
Reservoir capacity augmentation through the heightening of an existing...