Beirut - Lebanon
Committee for Development and Reconstruction (CDR)
1992 - 1996
Description for Beirut Aqueduct (Lebanon)
Damage assessment and proposal for rehabilitation works of the capital city water supply system.
- No. 5 intakes from spring
- No. 70 main wells
- No. 2 treatment plants
- No. 19 urban storage tanks
- No. 22 pumping stations
- Supply network ( L = 50 km )
- Distribution network ( L = 1'170 km )
- Water resource = 250'000 m³/d
- Network losses = 60%
- Supplied population = 1'700'000 inh.
- Per capita water consumption = 60 l/cap/d
- Water resource = 350'000 m³/d
- Network losses = 35%
- Supplied population = 1'800'000 inh.
- Per capita water consumption = 120 l/cap/d
- Inspection of the intakes and of the main supply structures
- Inspection of the pipelines in the areas of visible losses
- Hydraulic study of the network in order to divide the whole area in hydraulically homogeneous systems
- Identification, program and cost estimation of the rehabilitation works
- Supervision during rehabilitation works
Thwake Multi-purpose Dam (Kenya)
Thwake is a multi-purpose dam designed to...
Lusaka Aqueduct (Zambia)
Lusaka project including domestic water supply pipeline for the city of...
Dam Break Studies (Mauritius)
The assignment consists in the analysis of...
Alto Temo Dam (Italy)
Alto Temo is a hollow gravity dam located in the...
Millennium Park Multi-Purpose Project (Nigeria)
Design of hydraulic works, water supply and irrigation system, reservoir and...
Bagré Multi-Purpose Project (Burkina Faso)
The “Pôle de Croissance de Bagré”...
Dire Dam (Ethiopia)
Earthfill dam with impermeable core for water supply to Addis Ababa and to...
Montedoglio Dam (Italy)
Montedoglio dam has suffered some damages at the...
Qaliwana Hydropower (Fiji)
This is the first Studio Pietrangeli’s project...