Beirut - Lebanon
Committee for Development and Reconstruction (CDR)
1992 - 1996
Description for Beirut (Lebanon)
Damage assessment and proposal for rehabilitation works of the capital city water supply system.
- No. 5 intakes from spring
- No. 70 main wells
- No. 2 treatment plants
- No. 19 urban storage tanks
- No. 22 pumping stations
- Supply network (L = 50 km)
- Distribution network (L = 1'170 km)
- Water resource = 250'000 m³/d
- Network losses = 60%
- Supplied population = 1'700'000 inh.
- Per capita water consumption = 60 l/cap/d
- Water resource = 350'000 m³/d
- Network losses = 35%
- Supplied population = 1'800'000 inh.
- Per capita water consumption = 120 l/cap/d
- Inspection of the intakes and of the main supply structures
- Inspection of the pipelines in the areas of visible losses
- Hydraulic study of the network in order to divide the whole area in hydraulically homogeneous systems
- Identification, programme and cost estimation of the rehabilitation works
- Supervision during rehabilitation works
Alto Temo (Italy)
Water storage plant for irrigation purposes with a capacity of 90 Mm³
Gilgel Gibe (Ethiopia)
Hydroelectric power plant (IP = 200 MW) including rockfill dam, underground...
Enguri Cascade (Georgia)
ENGURI HPP Cascade envisages the construction of three hydropower plants on...
Batoka Gorge (Zambia)
Trans-boundary hydropower plant of 1'600 MW, equally shared among Zambia...
Water storage plant for irrigation purposes with a reservoir capacity of 42...
Bumbuna (Sierra Leone)
This is one of our pet projects that we have...
Kabwe urban water supply scheme.
Reservoir storage capacity: 12 Mm³.
Chespi is the first hydroelectric project of the Guayllabamba cascade with an...
Gibe II (Ethiopia)
Gibe II is the second stage of the Gibe-Omo hydroelectric cascade which...