Beirut - Lebanon
Committee for Development and Reconstruction (CDR)
1992 - 1996
Description for Beirut Aqueduct (Lebanon)
Damage assessment and proposal for rehabilitation works of the capital city water supply system.
- No. 5 intakes from spring
- No. 70 main wells
- No. 2 treatment plants
- No. 19 urban storage tanks
- No. 22 pumping stations
- Supply network ( L = 50 km )
- Distribution network ( L = 1'170 km )
- Water resource = 250'000 m³/d
- Network losses = 60%
- Supplied population = 1'700'000 inh.
- Per capita water consumption = 60 l/cap/d
- Water resource = 350'000 m³/d
- Network losses = 35%
- Supplied population = 1'800'000 inh.
- Per capita water consumption = 120 l/cap/d
- Inspection of the intakes and of the main supply structures
- Inspection of the pipelines in the areas of visible losses
- Hydraulic study of the network in order to divide the whole area in hydraulically homogeneous systems
- Identification, program and cost estimation of the rehabilitation works
- Supervision during rehabilitation works
Beles Multi-purpose Project (Ethiopia)
The Beles multi-purpose project is a hydropower...
Uvini Hydropower (Italy)
Refurbishment of the Uvini hydropower plant.
Koysha Hydropower (Ethiopia)
Koysha (2’160 MW, under construction) is the...
Limonlu Hydropower (Turkey)
Limonlu HPP comprises 4 power plants in cascade to be constructed in 2 phases...
Dankel Multi-Purpose Project (Eritrea)
Multi-purpose project (underground hydropower plant, water supply, etc.) for...
Grand Anse Dam (Seychelles)
The water demand in Seychelles is continuously...
San Lorenzo Hydropower (Italy)
San Lorenzo (Sestu) is a small hydroelectric plant to supply the water...
Little Beles Storage Plant (Ethiopia)
Reservoir for water supply with a storage capacity equal to 3.5 Mm³.
Mulembo-Lelya Hydropower (Zambia)
Mulembo-Lelya is a hydropower project located...