Beirut - Lebanon
Committee for Development and Reconstruction (CDR)
1992 - 1996
Description for Beirut Aqueduct (Lebanon)
Damage assessment and proposal for rehabilitation works of the capital city water supply system.
- No. 5 intakes from spring
- No. 70 main wells
- No. 2 treatment plants
- No. 19 urban storage tanks
- No. 22 pumping stations
- Supply network ( L = 50 km )
- Distribution network ( L = 1'170 km )
- Water resource = 250'000 m³/d
- Network losses = 60%
- Supplied population = 1'700'000 inh.
- Per capita water consumption = 60 l/cap/d
- Water resource = 350'000 m³/d
- Network losses = 35%
- Supplied population = 1'800'000 inh.
- Per capita water consumption = 120 l/cap/d
- Inspection of the intakes and of the main supply structures
- Inspection of the pipelines in the areas of visible losses
- Hydraulic study of the network in order to divide the whole area in hydraulically homogeneous systems
- Identification, program and cost estimation of the rehabilitation works
- Supervision during rehabilitation works
HV Transmission Lines (Tanzania)
This is a feasibility study of high voltage...
Vranduk Hydropower (Bosnia and Herzegovina)
Vranduk project consists in a run off river power plant with an installed...
Kikonge Multi-Purpose Project (Tanzania)
Kikonge is a multipurpose project foreseen for...
Gibe III Hydropower (Ethiopia)
Gibe III hydropower plant is the third stage of...
Bujagali Hydropower (Uganda)
Hydroelectric project on the Victoria Nile River within an installed power of...
Gilgel Gibe Hydropower (Ethiopia)
Hydroelectric power plant (IP = 200 MW) including rockfill dam, underground...
Bosa Multi-purpose Project (Italy)
The Monte Crispu arch-gravity dam was realized...
Gibe V Multi-purpose Project (Ethiopia)
Gibe V is the fifth stage of the Gibe-Omo hydroelectric cascade which...
Muchinga Hydropower (Zambia)
Hydroelectric plant (IP = 255 MW) on the Lunsemfwa river downstream of the...