Beirut - Lebanon
Committee for Development and Reconstruction (CDR)
1992 - 1996
Description for Beirut Aqueduct (Lebanon)
Damage assessment and proposal for rehabilitation works of the capital city water supply system.
- No. 5 intakes from spring
- No. 70 main wells
- No. 2 treatment plants
- No. 19 urban storage tanks
- No. 22 pumping stations
- Supply network ( L = 50 km )
- Distribution network ( L = 1'170 km )
- Water resource = 250'000 m³/d
- Network losses = 60%
- Supplied population = 1'700'000 inh.
- Per capita water consumption = 60 l/cap/d
- Water resource = 350'000 m³/d
- Network losses = 35%
- Supplied population = 1'800'000 inh.
- Per capita water consumption = 120 l/cap/d
- Inspection of the intakes and of the main supply structures
- Inspection of the pipelines in the areas of visible losses
- Hydraulic study of the network in order to divide the whole area in hydraulically homogeneous systems
- Identification, program and cost estimation of the rehabilitation works
- Supervision during rehabilitation works
Lefkara Storage Plant (Cyprus)
Storage works for Famagusta urban water supply.
Rio Grande Hydropower (Argentina)
Hydroelectric Plant with Pumped Station.
Acerenza Dam (Italy)
Water storage plant for irrigation purposes with a reservoir capacity of 42...
Hydropower Projects (Jamaica)
The scopes of the assignment, commissioned by...
Kalivac Hydropower (Albania)
Kalivac Hydropower Plant has 108 MW of installed power.
Uribante Doradas Hydropower (Venezuela)
Hydroelectric project with IP = 300 MW.
Kakono Hydropower (Tanzania)
Kakono will be a Hydropower Plant located on the...
Lower Diamphwe Multi-Purpose Project (Malawi)
This project includes the Lower Diamphwe Multipurpose Dam and associated...
Batoka Gorge Hydropower (Zambia/Zimbabwe)
The prestigious project of Batoka Gorge, with...