Beirut - Lebanon
Committee for Development and Reconstruction (CDR)
1992 - 1996
Description for Beirut (Lebanon)
Damage assessment and proposal for rehabilitation works of the capital city water supply system.
- No. 5 intakes from spring
- No. 70 main wells
- No. 2 treatment plants
- No. 19 urban storage tanks
- No. 22 pumping stations
- Supply network (L = 50 km)
- Distribution network (L = 1'170 km)
- Water resource = 250'000 m³/d
- Network losses = 60%
- Supplied population = 1'700'000 inh.
- Per capita water consumption = 60 l/cap/d
- Water resource = 350'000 m³/d
- Network losses = 35%
- Supplied population = 1'800'000 inh.
- Per capita water consumption = 120 l/cap/d
- Inspection of the intakes and of the main supply structures
- Inspection of the pipelines in the areas of visible losses
- Hydraulic study of the network in order to divide the whole area in hydraulically homogeneous systems
- Identification, programme and cost estimation of the rehabilitation works
- Supervision during rehabilitation works
Kabuyanda is a multipurpose dam envisaged for agriculture (paddy rice and...
Limonlu HPP comprises 4 power plants in cascade to be constructed in 2 phases...
Gibe V (Ethiopia)
Gibe V is the fifth stage of the Gibe-Omo hydroelectric cascade which...
Jamaica 5 (Jamaica)
This project includes prefeasibility and feasibility studies for five small...
Montedoglio dam has suffered some damages at the spillway and dam body due to...
Namakhvani Cascade (Georgia)
Namakhvani HPP Cascade, includes the construction of three hydropower schemes...
NAO (Sierra Leone)
Restore of the MV and LV distribution system in the two towns of Makeni and...
Storage works for Famagusta urban water supply.
Roma Est (Italy)
Sewage treatment plant for domestic and industrial waste water.