Beirut - Lebanon
Committee for Development and Reconstruction (CDR)
1992 - 1996
Description for Beirut (Lebanon)
Damage assessment and proposal for rehabilitation works of the capital city water supply system.
- No. 5 intakes from spring
- No. 70 main wells
- No. 2 treatment plants
- No. 19 urban storage tanks
- No. 22 pumping stations
- Supply network (L = 50 km)
- Distribution network (L = 1'170 km)
- Water resource = 250'000 m³/d
- Network losses = 60%
- Supplied population = 1'700'000 inh.
- Per capita water consumption = 60 l/cap/d
- Water resource = 350'000 m³/d
- Network losses = 35%
- Supplied population = 1'800'000 inh.
- Per capita water consumption = 120 l/cap/d
- Inspection of the intakes and of the main supply structures
- Inspection of the pipelines in the areas of visible losses
- Hydraulic study of the network in order to divide the whole area in hydraulically homogeneous systems
- Identification, programme and cost estimation of the rehabilitation works
- Supervision during rehabilitation works
Namakhvani Cascade (Georgia)
Namakhvani HPP Cascade, includes the construction of three hydropower schemes...
Jamaica 6 (Jamaica)
Jamaica 6 project includes the feasibility for six small hpps in Jamaica and...
Hydroelectric project on the Victoria Nile River within an installed power of...
Hydroelectric Power Plant, with IP = 525 MW, which the exploits of N° 5...
San Lorenzo (Italy)
San Lorenzo (Sestu) is a small hydroelectric plant to supply the water...
Kalivac Hydropower Plant has 108 MW of installed power.
Multi-purpose project on Lake Tana, including hydropower plant and irrigation...
Porto Romano (Italy)
Yacht Harbour is on the right side of the Tevere River floodplain, about 1 km...
Limonlu HPP comprises 4 power plants in cascade to be constructed in 2 phases...