Beirut - Lebanon
Committee for Development and Reconstruction (CDR)
1992 - 1996
Description for Beirut Aqueduct (Lebanon)
Damage assessment and proposal for rehabilitation works of the capital city water supply system.
- No. 5 intakes from spring
- No. 70 main wells
- No. 2 treatment plants
- No. 19 urban storage tanks
- No. 22 pumping stations
- Supply network ( L = 50 km )
- Distribution network ( L = 1'170 km )
- Water resource = 250'000 m³/d
- Network losses = 60%
- Supplied population = 1'700'000 inh.
- Per capita water consumption = 60 l/cap/d
- Water resource = 350'000 m³/d
- Network losses = 35%
- Supplied population = 1'800'000 inh.
- Per capita water consumption = 120 l/cap/d
- Inspection of the intakes and of the main supply structures
- Inspection of the pipelines in the areas of visible losses
- Hydraulic study of the network in order to divide the whole area in hydraulically homogeneous systems
- Identification, program and cost estimation of the rehabilitation works
- Supervision during rehabilitation works
Nondvo Multi-purpose Project (Eswatini)
Nondvo multi-purpose dam provides potable water...
Casteddu Irrigation Project (Italy)
Three-dam projects for irrigation purposes.
Bwari Aqueduct (Nigeria)
Water supply system for the district of Abuja, including pipelines, pumping...
Muchinga Hydropower (Zambia)
Hydroelectric plant (IP = 255 MW) on the Lunsemfwa river downstream of the...
Dam Break Studies (Mauritius)
The assignment consists in the analysis of...
Arcichiaro Multi-purpose Project (Italy)
Rockfill dam with bituminous facing (BFRd) with a reservoir for irrigation,...
Grand Ethiopian Renaissance Dam (Ethiopia)
The Grand Ethiopian Renaissance dam project is a...
Dabus Hydropower (Ethiopia)
Dabus HPP cascade is located on the Dabus river, a north-flowing tributary of...
Millennium Park Multi-Purpose Project (Nigeria)
Design of hydraulic works, water supply and irrigation system, reservoir and...