Beirut - Lebanon
Committee for Development and Reconstruction (CDR)
1992 - 1996
Description for Beirut (Lebanon)
Damage assessment and proposal for rehabilitation works of the capital city water supply system.
- No. 5 intakes from spring
- No. 70 main wells
- No. 2 treatment plants
- No. 19 urban storage tanks
- No. 22 pumping stations
- Supply network (L = 50 km)
- Distribution network (L = 1'170 km)
- Water resource = 250'000 m³/d
- Network losses = 60%
- Supplied population = 1'700'000 inh.
- Per capita water consumption = 60 l/cap/d
- Water resource = 350'000 m³/d
- Network losses = 35%
- Supplied population = 1'800'000 inh.
- Per capita water consumption = 120 l/cap/d
- Inspection of the intakes and of the main supply structures
- Inspection of the pipelines in the areas of visible losses
- Hydraulic study of the network in order to divide the whole area in hydraulically homogeneous systems
- Identification, programme and cost estimation of the rehabilitation works
- Supervision during rehabilitation works
San Lorenzo (Italy)
San Lorenzo (Sestu) is a small hydroelectric plant to supply the water...
King Talal (Jordan)
The assignment comprises the assessment of conditions of the existing plant...
Koysha is the fourth plant of the Omo river cascade (IPtot = 4600 MW),...
Lower Diamphwe (Malawi)
This project includes the Lower Diamphwe Multipurpose Dam and associated...
Tana Beles (Ethiopia)
The ambitious Tana Beles project was located in the Metekel district of...
Gibe II (Ethiopia)
Gibe II is the second stage of the Gibe-Omo hydroelectric cascade which...
Hydroelectric project on the Victoria Nile River within an installed power of...
La Gogue (Seychelles)
The scope of the assignment is the rehabilitation and upgrade of the existing...
Roma Est (Italy)
Sewage treatment plant for domestic and industrial waste water.