Beirut - Lebanon
Committee for Development and Reconstruction (CDR)
1992 - 1996
Description for Beirut Aqueduct (Lebanon)
Damage assessment and proposal for rehabilitation works of the capital city water supply system.
- No. 5 intakes from spring
- No. 70 main wells
- No. 2 treatment plants
- No. 19 urban storage tanks
- No. 22 pumping stations
- Supply network ( L = 50 km )
- Distribution network ( L = 1'170 km )
- Water resource = 250'000 m³/d
- Network losses = 60%
- Supplied population = 1'700'000 inh.
- Per capita water consumption = 60 l/cap/d
- Water resource = 350'000 m³/d
- Network losses = 35%
- Supplied population = 1'800'000 inh.
- Per capita water consumption = 120 l/cap/d
- Inspection of the intakes and of the main supply structures
- Inspection of the pipelines in the areas of visible losses
- Hydraulic study of the network in order to divide the whole area in hydraulically homogeneous systems
- Identification, program and cost estimation of the rehabilitation works
- Supervision during rehabilitation works
Roma Est Sewage Plant (Italy)
Sewage treatment plant for domestic and industrial waste water.
Dam Break Studies (Mauritius)
The assignment consists in the analysis of...
Lower Diamphwe Multi-Purpose Project (Malawi)
This project includes the Lower Diamphwe Multipurpose Dam and associated...
Alto Temo Dam (Italy)
Alto Temo is a hollow gravity dam located in the...
Kalivac Hydropower (Albania)
Kalivac Hydropower Plant has 108 MW of installed power.
Kakono Hydropower (Tanzania)
Kakono will be a Hydropower Plant located on the...
Kariba Dam (Zambia-Zimbabwe)
This project foresees the rehabilitation for the...
Limonlu Hydropower (Turkey)
Limonlu HPP comprises 4 power plants in cascade to be constructed in 2 phases...
Gilgel Gibe Hydropower (Ethiopia)
The Gilgel Gibe hydropower plant is the first...