Lake Tana - Ethiopia
Salini Costruttori S.p.A.
2005 – 2011
Description for Beles Multi-purpose Project (Ethiopia)
Multi-purpose project on Lake Tana, including hydropower plant and irrigation works.
- Lake Tana as a reservoir (V = 32'270 Mm³)
- Headrace tunnel (L = 11 km, D = 8 m)
- Surge shaft (H = 91 m, D = 18 m)
- Penstock (L = 286 m, D = 6.5 m)
- Underground power house (No. 4 Francis turbines, IP = 460 MW, E = 1'720 GWh/y)
- No. 3 weirs for irrigation purposes
Grand Ethiopian Renaissance Dam (Ethiopia)
The Grand Ethiopian Renaissance dam project is a...
Kariba Dam (Zambia-Zimbabwe)
This project foresees the rehabilitation for the...
Carpat Pumped Storage Plant (Romania)
Pumped storage plant with an installed power of 300 MW.
Bosa Multi-purpose Project (Italy)
The Monte Crispu arch-gravity dam was realized...
Vranduk Hydropower (Bosnia and Herzegovina)
Vranduk project consists in a run off river power plant with an installed...
Koysha Hydropower (Ethiopia)
Koysha (2’160 MW, under construction) is the...
Simbirizzi Hydropower (Italy)
Simbirizzi (Settimo S. Pietro) is a small hydroelectric plant to supply the...
Maccheronis Dam (Italy)
Reservoir capacity augmentation through the heightening of an existing...
Kalivac Hydropower (Albania)
Kalivac Hydropower Plant has 108 MW of installed power.