Lake Tana - Ethiopia
Salini Costruttori S.p.A.
2005 – 2011
Description for Beles Multi-purpose Project (Ethiopia)
Multi-purpose project on Lake Tana, including hydropower plant and irrigation works.
- Lake Tana as a reservoir (V = 32'270 Mm³)
- Headrace tunnel (L = 11 km, D = 8 m)
- Surge shaft (H = 91 m, D = 18 m)
- Penstock (L = 286 m, D = 6.5 m)
- Underground power house (No. 4 Francis turbines, IP = 460 MW, E = 1'720 GWh/y)
- No. 3 weirs for irrigation purposes
Uribante Doradas Hydropower (Venezuela)
Hydroelectric project with IP = 300 MW.
Batoka Gorge Hydropower (Zambia/Zimbabwe)
The prestigious project of Batoka Gorge, with...
NAO Transmission Line (Sierra Leone)
Restore of the MV and LV distribution system in...
La Gogue Dam (Seychelles)
The aims of the assignment are the Design Review...
Rio Grande Hydropower (Argentina)
Hydroelectric Plant with Pumped Station.
Tana Beles Multi-Purpose Project (Ethiopia)
The ambitious Tana Beles project was located in the Metekel district of...
Gibe III Hydropower (Ethiopia)
Gibe III hydropower plant is the third stage of...
Kabuyanda Multi-Purpose Project (Uganda)
Kabuyanda is a multipurpose dam envisaged for agriculture (paddy rice and...
Mini Hydroelectric Power Plants (Jamaica)
Jamaica 6 project includes the feasibility for six small hpps in Jamaica and...