Seli River - Sierra Leone
Ministry of Energy & Power - Republic of Sierra Leone
1975 - in progress
Description for Bumbuna (Sierra Leone)
This is one of our pet projects that we have faithfully followed for the past forty years notwithstandings several challenges (including civil war). It comprises a rockfill dam, 88 m high, and a generating plant with a capacity of 50 MW.
- Reservoir (V = 410 Mm³)
- Bituminous Faced Rockfill dam (BFRd, H = 88 m, V = 2.8 Mm³)
- No. 2 headrace tunnels (L = 620 m, D = 9 m)
- Shaft power house (No. 2 Francis turbines, HN = 80 m, Q = 80 m³/s, IP = 50 MW)
- No. 2 vertical synchronous generators (33.7 MVA)
- No. 2 step up transformers (13.8/161 kV)
- Transmission line (161 kV, L = 205 km)
- No. 2 substations with step-down transformers
- Prefeasibility and Feasibility studies
- Final Design
- Revision and Updating of Final Design
- Supervision of Works
- Dam Safety Programme and Emergency Preparedness Plan
- Dam Operation and Maintenance Manual
- Monitoring and Assistance during Operation
Kabuyanda is a multipurpose dam envisaged for agriculture (paddy rice and...
Jamaica 6 (Jamaica)
Jamaica 6 project includes the feasibility for six small hpps in Jamaica and...
Reservoir capacity augmentation through the heightening of an existing...
Chespi is the first hydroelectric project of the Guayllabamba cascade with an...
Hydroelectric project on the Victoria Nile River within an installed power of...
Simbirizzi (Settimo S. Pietro) is a small hydroelectric plant to supply the...
Maswa project including domestic water supply pipeline for the district...
Montedoglio dam has suffered some damages at the spillway and dam body due to...
King Talal (Jordan)
The assignment comprises the assessment of conditions of the existing plant...