Seli River - Sierra Leone
Ministry of Energy & Power - Republic of Sierra Leone
1975 - in progress
Description for Bumbuna (Sierra Leone)
This is one of our pet projects that we have faithfully followed for the past forty years notwithstandings several challenges (including civil war). It comprises a rockfill dam, 88 m high, and a generating plant with a capacity of 50 MW.
- Reservoir (V = 410 Mm³)
- Bituminous Faced Rockfill dam (BFRd, H = 88 m, V = 2.8 Mm³)
- No. 2 headrace tunnels (L = 620 m, D = 9 m)
- Shaft power house (No. 2 Francis turbines, HN = 80 m, Q = 80 m³/s, IP = 50 MW)
- No. 2 vertical synchronous generators (33.7 MVA)
- No. 2 step up transformers (13.8/161 kV)
- Transmission line (161 kV, L = 205 km)
- No. 2 substations with step-down transformers
- Prefeasibility and Feasibility studies
- Final Design
- Revision and Updating of Final Design
- Supervision of Works
- Dam Safety Programme and Emergency Preparedness Plan
- Dam Operation and Maintenance Manual
- Monitoring and Assistance during Operation
Simbirizzi (Settimo S. Pietro) is a small hydroelectric plant to supply the...
Water storage for irrigation, capacity 58 Mm³.
Three-dam projects for irrigation purposes.
Enguri Cascade (Georgia)
ENGURI HPP Cascade envisages the construction of three hydropower plants on...
Dabus HPP cascade is located on the Dabus river, a north-flowing tributary of...
Refurbishment of the Uvini hydropower plant.
Limonlu HPP comprises 4 power plants in cascade to be constructed in 2 phases...
Kabuyanda is a multipurpose dam envisaged for agriculture (paddy rice and...
Koysha is the fourth plant of the Omo river cascade (IPtot = 4600 MW),...