Seli River - Sierra Leone
Ministry of Energy & Power - Republic of Sierra Leone
1975 - in progress
Description for Bumbuna (Sierra Leone)
This is one of our pet projects that we have faithfully followed for the past forty years notwithstandings several challenges (including civil war). It comprises a rockfill dam, 88 m high, and a generating plant with a capacity of 50 MW.
- Reservoir (V = 410 Mm³)
- Bituminous Faced Rockfill dam (BFRd, H = 88 m, V = 2.8 Mm³)
- No. 2 headrace tunnels (L = 620 m, D = 9 m)
- Shaft power house (No. 2 Francis turbines, HN = 80 m, Q = 80 m³/s, IP = 50 MW)
- No. 2 vertical synchronous generators (33.7 MVA)
- No. 2 step up transformers (13.8/161 kV)
- Transmission line (161 kV, L = 205 km)
- No. 2 substations with step-down transformers
- Prefeasibility and Feasibility studies
- Final Design
- Revision and Updating of Final Design
- Supervision of Works
- Dam Safety Programme and Emergency Preparedness Plan
- Dam Operation and Maintenance Manual
- Monitoring and Assistance during Operation
Little Beles (Ethiopia)
Reservoir for water supply with a storage capacity equal to 3.5 Mm³.
San Lorenzo (Italy)
San Lorenzo (Sestu) is a small hydroelectric plant to supply the water...
Namakhvani Cascade (Georgia)
Namakhvani HPP Cascade, includes the construction of three hydropower schemes...
Jamaica 6 (Jamaica)
Jamaica 6 project includes the feasibility for six small hpps in Jamaica and...
Batoka Gorge (Zambia)
Trans-boundary hydropower plant of 1'600 MW, equally shared among Zambia...
Koysha is the fourth plant of the Omo river cascade (IPtot = 4600 MW),...
Lusaka project including domestic water supply pipeline for the city of...
Kabuyanda is a multipurpose dam envisaged for agriculture (paddy rice and...
Ulu Jelai (Malaysia)