Southern region - Bulgaria
Enel Power S.p.A.
2001 - 2002
Description for Arda Cascade (Bulgaria)
Hydropower cascade including the existing plants of Karjali (IP = 106 MW), Studen Kladenets (IP = 60 MW), Ivailovgrad (IP = 103 MW) and the planned plants of Madan (IP = 47 MW), Sarnitsa (IP = 69 MW) and Ardino (56 MW + mini-hydro of 2 MW).
- Reservoir (V = 168 Mm³)
- RCC arch-gravity dam (H = 110 m, L_crest = 365 m, V = 0.55 Mm³)
- Spillway (Q = 2'500 m³/s, No. 6 flap gates = 6 x 6 m)
- Outdoor powerhouse (No. 2 Francis turbines, IP = 56.6 MW, E = 148.5 GWh/y)
- Mini-hydro (IP = 2 MW, E = 12.4 GWh/y)
- Review of the previous feasibility studies (in collaboration with Enel Power)
- Feasibility study of the Ardino hpp
- Design of the Ardino dam and the appurtenant structures
NAO Transmission Line (Sierra Leone)
Restore of the MV and LV distribution system in...
Arcichiaro Multi-purpose Project (Italy)
Rockfill dam with bituminous facing (BFRd) with a reservoir for irrigation,...
Koysha Hydropower (Ethiopia)
Koysha (2’160 MW, under construction) is the...
Rumakali Hydropower (Tanzania)
Hydroelectric Power Plant, with IP = 525 MW, which the exploits of N° 5...
Tana Beles Multi-Purpose Project (Ethiopia)
The ambitious Tana Beles project was located in the Metekel district of...
Qaliwana Hydropower (Fiji)
This is the first Studio Pietrangeli’s project...
Arda Cascade (Bulgaria)
Hydropower cascade including the existing plants of Karjali (IP = 106 MW),...
Kikonge Multi-Purpose Project (Tanzania)
Kikonge is a multipurpose project foreseen for...
Santu Miali Hydropower (Italy)
Refurbishment of the Santu Miali hydropower plant