Southern region - Bulgaria
Enel Power S.p.A.
2001 - 2002
Description for Arda Cascade (Bulgaria)
Hydropower cascade including the existing plants of Karjali (IP = 106 MW), Studen Kladenets (IP = 60 MW), Ivailovgrad (IP = 103 MW) and the planned plants of Madan (IP = 47 MW), Sarnitsa (IP = 69 MW) and Ardino (56 MW + mini-hydro of 2 MW).
- Reservoir (V = 168 Mm³)
- RCC arch-gravity dam (H = 110 m, L_crest = 365 m, V = 0.55 Mm³)
- Spillway (Q = 2'500 m³/s, No. 6 flap gates = 6 x 6 m)
- Outdoor powerhouse (No. 2 Francis turbines, IP = 56.6 MW, E = 148.5 GWh/y)
- Mini-hydro (IP = 2 MW, E = 12.4 GWh/y)
- Review of the previous feasibility studies (in collaboration with Enel Power)
- Feasibility study of the Ardino hpp
- Design of the Ardino dam and the appurtenant structures
Kabuyanda is a multipurpose dam envisaged for agriculture (paddy rice and...
Gibe III Hydropower (Ethiopia)
The design of this record breaking 250 m high...
Montedoglio dam has suffered some damages at the spillway and dam body due to...
Water storage plant for irrigation purposes with a reservoir capacity of 42...
Carpat PSP (Romania)
Pumped storage plant with an installed power of 300 MW.
Busalletta Aqueduct (Italy)
Dam built to provide a reservoir for the urban water supply of Genoa.
La Gogue (Seychelles)
The scope of the assignment is the rehabilitation and upgrade of the existing...
Impianto Idroelettrico (PI = 255 MW) sul fiume Lunsemfwa a valle della diga...
NAO (Sierra Leone)
Restore of the MV and LV distribution system in the two towns of Makeni and...