Southern region - Bulgaria
Enel Power S.p.A.
2001 - 2002
Description for Arda Cascade (Bulgaria)
Hydropower cascade including the existing plants of Karjali (IP = 106 MW), Studen Kladenets (IP = 60 MW), Ivailovgrad (IP = 103 MW) and the planned plants of Madan (IP = 47 MW), Sarnitsa (IP = 69 MW) and Ardino (56 MW + mini-hydro of 2 MW).
- Reservoir (V = 168 Mm³)
- RCC arch-gravity dam (H = 110 m, L_crest = 365 m, V = 0.55 Mm³)
- Spillway (Q = 2'500 m³/s, No. 6 flap gates = 6 x 6 m)
- Outdoor powerhouse (No. 2 Francis turbines, IP = 56.6 MW, E = 148.5 GWh/y)
- Mini-hydro (IP = 2 MW, E = 12.4 GWh/y)
- Review of the previous feasibility studies (in collaboration with Enel Power)
- Feasibility study of the Ardino hpp
- Design of the Ardino dam and the appurtenant structures
Water storage plant for irrigation purposes with a reservoir capacity of 42...
Koysha is the fourth plant of the Omo river cascade (IPtot = 4600 MW),...
Storage works for Famagusta urban water supply.
Rio Mannu (Italy)
Concrete gravity dam for water supply and irrigation to be constructed in two...
Lusaka project including domestic water supply pipeline for the city of...
Addis Ababa urban water supply scheme with a storage capacity of 40 Mm3.
Reservoir capacity augmentation through the heightening of an existing...
NAO (Sierra Leone)
Restore of the MV and LV distribution system in the two towns of Makeni and...
Kabuyanda is a multipurpose dam envisaged for agriculture (paddy rice and...