Southern region - Bulgaria
Enel Power S.p.A.
2001 - 2002
Description for Arda Cascade (Bulgaria)
Hydropower cascade including the existing plants of Karjali (IP = 106 MW), Studen Kladenets (IP = 60 MW), Ivailovgrad (IP = 103 MW) and the planned plants of Madan (IP = 47 MW), Sarnitsa (IP = 69 MW) and Ardino (56 MW + mini-hydro of 2 MW).
- Reservoir (V = 168 Mm³)
- RCC arch-gravity dam (H = 110 m, L_crest = 365 m, V = 0.55 Mm³)
- Spillway (Q = 2'500 m³/s, No. 6 flap gates = 6 x 6 m)
- Outdoor powerhouse (No. 2 Francis turbines, IP = 56.6 MW, E = 148.5 GWh/y)
- Mini-hydro (IP = 2 MW, E = 12.4 GWh/y)
- Review of the previous feasibility studies (in collaboration with Enel Power)
- Feasibility study of the Ardino hpp
- Design of the Ardino dam and the appurtenant structures
Bosa Multi-purpose Project (Italy)
The Monte Crispu arch-gravity dam was realized...
Muchinga Hydropower (Zambia)
Hydroelectric plant (IP = 255 MW) on the Lunsemfwa river downstream of the...
Kikonge Multi-Purpose Project (Tanzania)
Kikonge is a multipurpose project foreseen for...
Djoué Hydropower (Congo)
Djouè river hydroelettric plant (tributary of Congo).
Kariba Dam (Zambia-Zimbabwe)
This project foresees the rehabilitation for the...
Millennium Park Multi-Purpose Project (Nigeria)
Design of hydraulic works, water supply and irrigation system, reservoir and...
Giurgiu Ramiresti Irrigation (Romania)
Irrigation scheme with water from the Danube and irrigated area of 155'000...
Snowy 2 Pumped Hydro Electric Scheme (Australia)
The project is a pumped hydro plant in Australia...
Beles Multi-purpose Project (Ethiopia)
The Beles multi-purpose project is a hydropower...