Oromia region - Ethiopia
Ministry of Water, Irrigation and Energy
2015 - in progress
Description for Dabus Hydropower (Ethiopia)
Dabus HPP cascade is located on the Dabus river, a north-flowing tributary of the Abbay River in southwestern Ethiopia. The scheme consists of two plants in cascade.
DABUS ch. 130:
- Reservoir ( Vtot = 2470 Mm3 )
- Dam ( RCC Gravity type, H = 55 m , Lcrest = 1610 m )
- Power Tunnel ( L= 5.5 km , D = 9 m )
- Penstock ( No. 2, L= 2.1 km, D = 7 m )
- Power House ( Open air Type; Max. Turbine Flow = 250 m3/s, Gross Head= 149 m, IP = 304 MW; Energy Production 1293 GWh/y )
DABUS ch. 108:
- Reservoir ( V = 53 Mm3 )
- Dam ( RCC Gravity type, H = 88 m , Lcrest = 444 m )
- Power tunnel ( L= 6.2 km , D = 9 m )
- Penstock ( No. 2, L= 0.97 km , D = 5 m )
- Power House ( Open air Type; Max. Turbine Flow=254 m3/s, Gross Head= 230 m, IP = 494 MW; Energy Production 2140 GWh/y )
- Double circuit 400kV OHL from Dabus 2 to Dabus 1, length = 15km
- Double circuit 400kV OHL from Dabus 1 to Dedessa, length = 190km
- 400kV Switchyard in each plant comprehensive of transformers, lines, and bus coupler bays
- Extension of Dedessa Substation (No.2 400kV line bays, No.1 400kV autotransformer bay, No.1 500kV autotransformer bay)
Kakono Hydropower (Tanzania)
Kakono will be a Hydropower Plant located on the...
Dankel Multi-Purpose Project (Eritrea)
Multi-purpose project (underground hydropower plant, water supply, etc.) for...
Rumakali Hydropower (Tanzania)
Hydroelectric Power Plant, with IP = 525 MW, which the exploits of N° 5...
Arda Cascade (Bulgaria)
Hydropower cascade including the existing plants of Karjali (IP = 106 MW),...
Beles Multi-purpose Project (Ethiopia)
The Beles multi-purpose project is a hydropower...
Kidunda Multi-Purpose Project (Tanzania)
Bituminous face rockfill dam for irrigation, water supply and hydropower...
Lower Diamphwe Multi-Purpose Project (Malawi)
This project includes the Lower Diamphwe Multipurpose Dam and associated...
Koysha – Gibe III HV Transmission line (Ethiopia)
The transmission line links the Koysha HPP site...
Busalletta Dam (Italy)
Dam built to provide a reservoir for the urban water supply of Genoa.