Oromia region - Ethiopia
Ministry of Water, Irrigation and Energy
2015 - in progress
Description for Dabus Hydropower (Ethiopia)
Dabus HPP cascade is located on the Dabus river, a north-flowing tributary of the Abbay River in southwestern Ethiopia. The scheme consists of two plants in cascade.
DABUS ch. 130:
- Reservoir ( Vtot = 2470 Mm3 )
- Dam ( RCC Gravity type, H = 55 m , Lcrest = 1610 m )
- Power Tunnel ( L= 5.5 km , D = 9 m )
- Penstock ( No. 2, L= 2.1 km, D = 7 m )
- Power House ( Open air Type; Max. Turbine Flow = 250 m3/s, Gross Head= 149 m, IP = 304 MW; Energy Production 1293 GWh/y )
DABUS ch. 108:
- Reservoir ( V = 53 Mm3 )
- Dam ( RCC Gravity type, H = 88 m , Lcrest = 444 m )
- Power tunnel ( L= 6.2 km , D = 9 m )
- Penstock ( No. 2, L= 0.97 km , D = 5 m )
- Power House ( Open air Type; Max. Turbine Flow=254 m3/s, Gross Head= 230 m, IP = 494 MW; Energy Production 2140 GWh/y )
Lefkara Storage Plant (Cyprus)
Storage works for Famagusta urban water supply.
Dabus Hydropower (Ethiopia)
Dabus HPP cascade is located on the Dabus river, a north-flowing tributary of...
Arda Cascade (Bulgaria)
Hydropower cascade including the existing plants of Karjali (IP = 106 MW),...
Carpat Pumped Storage Plant (Romania)
Pumped storage plant with an installed power of 300 MW.
Kamuzu I Dam (Malawi)
The scope of the assignment is the raising,...
Kakono Hydropower (Tanzania)
Kakono will be a Hydropower Plant located on the...
Hydropower Projects (Ghana)
The scope of the assignment, commissioned by...
Arcichiaro Multi-purpose Project (Italy)
Rockfill dam with bituminous facing (BFRd) with a reservoir for irrigation,...
Mini Hydroelectric Power Plants (Jamaica)
Jamaica 6 project includes the feasibility for six small hpps in Jamaica and...