Oromia region - Ethiopia
Ministry of Water, Irrigation and Energy
2015 - in progress
Description for Dabus Hydropower (Ethiopia)
Dabus HPP cascade is located on the Dabus river, a north-flowing tributary of the Abbay River in southwestern Ethiopia. The scheme consists of two plants in cascade.
DABUS ch. 130:
- Reservoir ( Vtot = 2470 Mm3 )
- Dam ( RCC Gravity type, H = 55 m , Lcrest = 1610 m )
- Power Tunnel ( L= 5.5 km , D = 9 m )
- Penstock ( No. 2, L= 2.1 km, D = 7 m )
- Power House ( Open air Type; Max. Turbine Flow = 250 m3/s, Gross Head= 149 m, IP = 304 MW; Energy Production 1293 GWh/y )
DABUS ch. 108:
- Reservoir ( V = 53 Mm3 )
- Dam ( RCC Gravity type, H = 88 m , Lcrest = 444 m )
- Power tunnel ( L= 6.2 km , D = 9 m )
- Penstock ( No. 2, L= 0.97 km , D = 5 m )
- Power House ( Open air Type; Max. Turbine Flow=254 m3/s, Gross Head= 230 m, IP = 494 MW; Energy Production 2140 GWh/y )
Bujagali Hydropower (Uganda)
Hydroelectric project on the Victoria Nile River within an installed power of...
Montedoglio Dam (Italy)
Montedoglio dam has suffered some damages at the...
Kikonge Multi-Purpose Project (Tanzania)
Kikonge is a multipurpose project foreseen for...
Maswa Aqueduct (Tanzania)
Maswa project including domestic water supply pipeline for the district...
Kakono Hydropower (Tanzania)
Kakono will be a Hydropower Plant located on the...
Kalivac Hydropower (Albania)
Kalivac Hydropower Plant has 108 MW of installed power.
Grand Ethiopian Renaissance Dam (Ethiopia)
The Grand Ethiopian Renaissance dam project is a...
Little Beles Storage Plant (Ethiopia)
Reservoir for water supply with a storage capacity equal to 3.5 Mm³.
Rio Mannu Multi-Purpose Project (Italy)
Concrete gravity dam for water supply and irrigation to be constructed in two...