Oromia region - Ethiopia
Ministry of Water, Irrigation and Energy
2015 - in progress
Description for Dabus Hydropower (Ethiopia)
Dabus HPP cascade is located on the Dabus river, a north-flowing tributary of the Abbay River in southwestern Ethiopia. The scheme consists of two plants in cascade.
DABUS ch. 130:
- Reservoir ( Vtot = 2470 Mm3 )
- Dam ( RCC Gravity type, H = 55 m , Lcrest = 1610 m )
- Power Tunnel ( L= 5.5 km , D = 9 m )
- Penstock ( No. 2, L= 2.1 km, D = 7 m )
- Power House ( Open air Type; Max. Turbine Flow = 250 m3/s, Gross Head= 149 m, IP = 304 MW; Energy Production 1293 GWh/y )
DABUS ch. 108:
- Reservoir ( V = 53 Mm3 )
- Dam ( RCC Gravity type, H = 88 m , Lcrest = 444 m )
- Power tunnel ( L= 6.2 km , D = 9 m )
- Penstock ( No. 2, L= 0.97 km , D = 5 m )
- Power House ( Open air Type; Max. Turbine Flow=254 m3/s, Gross Head= 230 m, IP = 494 MW; Energy Production 2140 GWh/y )
Muchinga Hydropower (Zambia)
Hydroelectric plant (IP = 255 MW) on the Lunsemfwa river downstream of the...
Batoka Transmission System (Zambia/Zimbabwe)
The Batoka Gorge Hydroelectric Scheme (BGHES)...
Alto Temo Dam (Italy)
Alto Temo is a hollow gravity dam located in the...
Legadadi Dam (Ethiopia)
The purpose of the reservoir is to regulate the...
Grand Anse Dam (Seychelles)
The water demand in Seychelles is continuously...
Acerenza Dam (Italy)
Water storage plant for irrigation purposes with a reservoir capacity of 42...
Snowy 2 Pumped Hydro Electric Scheme (Australia)
The project is a pumped hydro plant in Australia...
Malagarasi Hydropower (Tanzania)
Malagarasi HPP will be a run-of-the river...
Ulu Jelai Hydropower (Malaysia)
Ulu Jelai project consists in a RCC gravity dam...