Oromia region - Ethiopia
Ministry of Water, Irrigation and Energy
2015 - in progress
Description for Dabus Hydropower (Ethiopia)
Dabus HPP cascade is located on the Dabus river, a north-flowing tributary of the Abbay River in southwestern Ethiopia. The scheme consists of two plants in cascade.
DABUS ch. 130:
- Reservoir ( Vtot = 2470 Mm3 )
- Dam ( RCC Gravity type, H = 55 m , Lcrest = 1610 m )
- Power Tunnel ( L= 5.5 km , D = 9 m )
- Penstock ( No. 2, L= 2.1 km, D = 7 m )
- Power House ( Open air Type; Max. Turbine Flow = 250 m3/s, Gross Head= 149 m, IP = 304 MW; Energy Production 1293 GWh/y )
DABUS ch. 108:
- Reservoir ( V = 53 Mm3 )
- Dam ( RCC Gravity type, H = 88 m , Lcrest = 444 m )
- Power tunnel ( L= 6.2 km , D = 9 m )
- Penstock ( No. 2, L= 0.97 km , D = 5 m )
- Power House ( Open air Type; Max. Turbine Flow=254 m3/s, Gross Head= 230 m, IP = 494 MW; Energy Production 2140 GWh/y )
Maswa Aqueduct (Tanzania)
Maswa project including domestic water supply pipeline for the district...
Lusaka Aqueduct (Zambia)
Lusaka project including domestic water supply pipeline for the city of...
Hydropower Projects (Jamaica)
The scopes of the assignment, commissioned by...
Mini Hydroelectric Power Plants (Jamaica)
Jamaica 6 project includes the feasibility for six small hpps in Jamaica and...
Giurgiu Ramiresti Irrigation (Romania)
Irrigation scheme with water from the Danube and irrigated area of 155'000...
Uribante Doradas Hydropower (Venezuela)
Hydroelectric project with IP = 300 MW.
Hermitage Storage Plant (Jamaica)
The scope of the assignment is the rehabilitation of the existing Hermitage...
Porto Romano Multi-Purpose Project (Italy)
Yacht Harbour is on the right side of the Tevere River floodplain, about 1 km...
Rumakali Hydropower (Tanzania)
Hydroelectric Power Plant, with IP = 525 MW, which the exploits of N° 5...