Oromia region - Ethiopia
Ministry of Water, Irrigation and Energy
2015 - in progress
Description for Dabus Hydropower (Ethiopia)
Dabus HPP cascade is located on the Dabus river, a north-flowing tributary of the Abbay River in southwestern Ethiopia. The scheme consists of two plants in cascade.
DABUS ch. 130:
- Reservoir ( Vtot = 2470 Mm3 )
- Dam ( RCC Gravity type, H = 55 m , Lcrest = 1610 m )
- Power Tunnel ( L= 5.5 km , D = 9 m )
- Penstock ( No. 2, L= 2.1 km, D = 7 m )
- Power House ( Open air Type; Max. Turbine Flow = 250 m3/s, Gross Head= 149 m, IP = 304 MW; Energy Production 1293 GWh/y )
DABUS ch. 108:
- Reservoir ( V = 53 Mm3 )
- Dam ( RCC Gravity type, H = 88 m , Lcrest = 444 m )
- Power tunnel ( L= 6.2 km , D = 9 m )
- Penstock ( No. 2, L= 0.97 km , D = 5 m )
- Power House ( Open air Type; Max. Turbine Flow=254 m3/s, Gross Head= 230 m, IP = 494 MW; Energy Production 2140 GWh/y )
- Double circuit 400kV OHL from Dabus 2 to Dabus 1, length = 15km
- Double circuit 400kV OHL from Dabus 1 to Dedessa, length = 190km
- 400kV Switchyard in each plant comprehensive of transformers, lines, and bus coupler bays
- Extension of Dedessa Substation (No.2 400kV line bays, No.1 400kV autotransformer bay, No.1 500kV autotransformer bay)
Uvini Hydropower (Italy)
Refurbishment of the Uvini hydropower plant.
Bujagali Hydropower (Uganda)
Hydroelectric project on the Victoria Nile River within an installed power of...
Namakhvani Hydropower (Georgia)
Namakhvani hydropower cascade, envisages the...
Limonlu Hydropower (Turkey)
Limonlu HPP comprises 4 power plants in cascade to be constructed in 2 phases...
Lufubu Hydropower Cascade (Zambia)
The Lufubu hydropower cascade includes three plants (Lufubu 1, 2 and...
Beles-GERDp HV Transmission Lines (Ethiopia)
The assignment, financed by Salini Costruttori...
Lefkara Storage Plant (Cyprus)
Storage works for Famagusta urban water supply.
Kalivac Hydropower (Albania)
Kalivac Hydropower Plant has 108 MW of installed power.
Kikonge Multi-Purpose Project (Tanzania)
Kikonge is a multipurpose project foreseen for...