2015 - 2017
Description for Bagré Multi-purpose Project (Burkina Faso)
Bagré multipurpose scheme was built in 1993 and is located along Nakambé river.
The dam and hydropower plant are operating with a reservoir partially filled with sediments. The assignment consists in the appraisal of the current conditions of the project especially in order to allow a further development of the irrigation uses of the reservoir.
- Catchment (Surface = 33'500 km2)
- Earthfill dam (H = 41 m, L = 4,5 km, Reservoir = 1'700 Mm3)
- Hydropower production (No. 2 Kaplan Turbines, IP = 17 MW)
- Irrigation (No. 2 Irrigation canals, Irrigated surface = 8'100 hectares)
- Total installed population in the province (610'000 inhabitants)
- Sociologic survey aimed to the identification of water users
- Land cover study using satellite imagery and RUSLE model
- Execution of bathymetry on the whole reservoir (1'700 Mm3)
- Topographic survey with LiDAR technology an about 580 km2 surface
- Tender documents for reservoir refurbishment especially through de-silting works
Kabuyanda Multi-Purpose Project (Uganda)
Kabuyanda is a multipurpose dam envisaged for agriculture (paddy rice and...
Grand Ethiopian Renaissance Dam (Ethiopia)
The Grand Ethiopian Renaissance dam project is a...
Kariba Dam (Zambia-Zimbabwe)
This project foresees the rehabilitation for the...
Kamuzu I Dam (Malawi)
The scope of the assignment is the raising,...
Bosa Multi-purpose Project (Italy)
The Monte Crispu arch-gravity dam was realized...
Namakhvani Hydropower (Georgia)
Namakhvani hydropower cascade, envisages the...
Muchinga Hydropower (Zambia)
Hydroelectric plant (IP = 255 MW) on the Lunsemfwa river downstream of the...
Bagré Multi-purpose Project (Burkina Faso)
Bagré multipurpose scheme was built in 1993 and is located along Nakambé...
Casteddu Irrigation Project (Italy)
Three-dam projects for irrigation purposes.