2015 - 2017
Description for Bagré Multi-purpose Project (Burkina Faso)
Bagré multipurpose scheme was built in 1993 and is located along Nakambé river.
The dam and hydropower plant are operating with a reservoir partially filled with sediments. The assignment consists in the appraisal of the current conditions of the project especially in order to allow a further development of the irrigation uses of the reservoir.
- Catchment (Surface = 33'500 km2)
- Earthfill dam (H = 41 m, L = 4,5 km, Reservoir = 1'700 Mm3)
- Hydropower production (No. 2 Kaplan Turbines, IP = 17 MW)
- Irrigation (No. 2 Irrigation canals, Irrigated surface = 8'100 hectares)
- Total installed population in the province (610'000 inhabitants)
- Sociologic survey aimed to the identification of water users
- Land cover study using satellite imagery and RUSLE model
- Execution of bathymetry on the whole reservoir (1'700 Mm3)
- Topographic survey with LiDAR technology an about 580 km2 surface
- Tender documents for reservoir refurbishment especially through de-silting works
Nondvo Multi-purpose Project (Eswatini)
Nondvo multi-purpose dam provides potable water...
Djoué Hydropower (Congo)
Djouè river hydroelettric plant (tributary of Congo).
Qaliwana Hydropower (Fiji)
This is the first Studio Pietrangeli’s project...
Acerenza Dam (Italy)
Water storage plant for irrigation purposes with a reservoir capacity of 42...
Kamuzu I Dam (Malawi)
The scope of the assignment is the raising,...
Dire Dam (Ethiopia)
Earthfill dam with impermeable core for water supply to Addis Ababa and to...
Namakhvani Hydropower (Georgia)
Namakhvani hydropower cascade, envisages the...
Bagré Multi-purpose Project (Burkina Faso)
Bagré multipurpose scheme was built in 1993 and is located along Nakambé...
Hydropower Projects (Jamaica)
The scopes of the assignment, commissioned by...