2015 - 2017
Description for Bagré (Burkina Faso)
Bagré multipurpose scheme was built in 1993 and is located along Nakambé river.
The dam and hydropower plant are operating with a reservoir partially filled with sediments. The assignment consists in the appraisal of the current conditions of the project especially in order to allow a further development of the irrigation uses of the reservoir.
- Catchment (Surface = 33'500 km2)
- Earthfill dam (H = 41 m, L = 4,5 km, Reservoir = 1'700 Mm3)
- Hydropower production (No. 2 Kaplan Turbines, IP = 17 MW)
- Irrigation (No. 2 Irrigation canals, Irrigated surface = 8'100 hectares)
- Total installed population in the province (610'000 inhabitants)
- Sociologic survey aimed to the identification of water users
- Land cover study using satellite imagery and RUSLE model
- Execution of bathymetry on the whole reservoir (1'700 Mm3)
- Topographic survey with LiDAR technology an about 580 km2 surface
- Tender documents for reservoir refurbishment especially through de-silting works
Kabwe urban water supply scheme.
Reservoir storage capacity: 12 Mm³.
Limonlu HPP comprises 4 power plants in cascade to be constructed in 2 phases...
Enguri Cascade (Georgia)
ENGURI HPP Cascade envisages the construction of three hydropower plants on...
Carpat PSP (Romania)
Pumped storage plant with an installed power of 300 MW.
Bituminous face rockfill dam for irrigation, water supply and hydropower...
Gibe III (Ethiopia)
The design of this record breaking 250 m high...
Uribante Doradas (Venezuela)
Hydroelectric project with IP = 300 MW.
Giurgiu Ramiresti (Romania)
Irrigation scheme with water from the Danube and irrigated area of 155'000...
Multi-purpose project on Lake Tana, including hydropower plant and irrigation...