Dankali depression - Eritrea
Salini Costruttori S.p.A.
1997 - 2000
Description for Dankel Multi-Purpose Project (Eritrea)
Multi-purpose project (underground hydropower plant, water supply, etc.) for the utilization of the Red Sea water.
- External port (Red Sea)
- Internal port for commercial and industrial use
- Canal A -navigable ( L = 30 km, W = 15-50 m, d = 9 m )
- Sariga Dam – rockfill ( L_crest = 1.5 km, H = 18 m )
- Canal B – navigable ( L = 23 km, W = 30-60 m, d = 9 m )
- Mendah Dam – concrete ( L_crest = 300 m, H = 22 m )
- Hydro-Power plant ( IP = 500 MW, E = 1'000 GWh, No 2 Francis turbines )
- Tailrace tunnel ( L = 6 km, D = 10 m )
- Transmission line - 132 kV ( L = 480 km )
Koysha Hydropower (Ethiopia)
Koysha (2’160 MW, under construction) is the...
Millennium Park Multi-Purpose Project (Nigeria)
Design of hydraulic works, water supply and irrigation system, reservoir and...
Bosa Multi-purpose Project (Italy)
The Monte Crispu arch-gravity dam was realized...
Plaine Hollandaise Dam ( Seychelles )
The project is aimed at increasing the drinking...
Acerenza Dam (Italy)
Water storage plant for irrigation purposes with a reservoir capacity of 42...
Bumbuna Hydropower (Sierra Leone)
The Bumbuna Hydroelectric Project (BHP) is the...
Kikonge Multi-Purpose Project (Tanzania)
Kikonge is a multipurpose project foreseen for...
Tana Beles Multi-Purpose Project (Ethiopia)
The ambitious Tana Beles project was located in the Metekel district of...
Chespi Hydropower (Ecuador)
Chespi is the first hydroelectric project of the Guayllabamba cascade with an...