Dankali depression - Eritrea
Salini Costruttori S.p.A.
1997 - 2000
Description for Dankel Multi-Purpose Project (Eritrea)
Multi-purpose project (underground hydropower plant, water supply, etc.) for the utilization of the Red Sea water.
- External port (Red Sea)
- Internal port for commercial and industrial use
- Canal A -navigable ( L = 30 km, W = 15-50 m, d = 9 m )
- Sariga Dam – rockfill ( L_crest = 1.5 km, H = 18 m )
- Canal B – navigable ( L = 23 km, W = 30-60 m, d = 9 m )
- Mendah Dam – concrete ( L_crest = 300 m, H = 22 m )
- Hydro-Power plant ( IP = 500 MW, E = 1'000 GWh, No 2 Francis turbines )
- Tailrace tunnel ( L = 6 km, D = 10 m )
- Transmission line - 132 kV ( L = 480 km )
Ruzizi Transmission Lines (Africa)
Studio Pietrangeli is a consultancy firm specialized in transmission lines...
Lefkara Storage Plant (Cyprus)
Storage works for Famagusta urban water supply.
Grand Anse Dam (Seychelles)
The water demand in Seychelles is continuously...
Ulu Jelai Hydropower (Malaysia)
Ulu Jelai project consists in a RCC gravity dam...
Qaliwana Hydropower (Fiji)
This is the first Studio Pietrangeli’s project...
Rio Grande Hydropower (Argentina)
Hydroelectric Plant with Pumped Station.
La Gogue Dam (Seychelles)
The aims of the assignment are the Design Review...
Gibe V Multi-purpose Project (Ethiopia)
Gibe V is the fifth stage of the Gibe-Omo hydroelectric cascade which...
Dabus Hydropower (Ethiopia)
Dabus HPP cascade is located on the Dabus river, a north-flowing tributary of...