Dankali depression - Eritrea
Salini Costruttori S.p.A.
1997 - 2000
Description for Dankel Multi-Purpose Project (Eritrea)
Multi-purpose project (underground hydropower plant, water supply, etc.) for the utilization of the Red Sea water.
- External port (Red Sea)
- Internal port for commercial and industrial use
- Canal A -navigable ( L = 30 km, W = 15-50 m, d = 9 m )
- Sariga Dam – rockfill ( L_crest = 1.5 km, H = 18 m )
- Canal B – navigable ( L = 23 km, W = 30-60 m, d = 9 m )
- Mendah Dam – concrete ( L_crest = 300 m, H = 22 m )
- Hydro-Power plant ( IP = 500 MW, E = 1'000 GWh, No 2 Francis turbines )
- Tailrace tunnel ( L = 6 km, D = 10 m )
- Transmission line - 132 kV ( L = 480 km )
Snowy 2 Pumped Hydro Electric Scheme (Australia)
The project is a pumped hydro plant in Australia...
Carpat Pumped Storage Plant (Romania)
Pumped storage plant with an installed power of 300 MW.
Plaine Hollandaise Dam ( Seychelles )
The project is aimed at increasing the drinking...
NAO Transmission Line (Sierra Leone)
Restore of the MV and LV distribution system in...
Lefkara Storage Plant (Cyprus)
Storage works for Famagusta urban water supply.
Kariba Dam (Zambia-Zimbabwe)
This project foresees the rehabilitation for the...
Lower Diamphwe Multi-Purpose Project (Malawi)
This project includes the Lower Diamphwe Multipurpose Dam and associated...
Mini Hydroelectric Power Plants (Jamaica)
Jamaica 6 project includes the feasibility for six small hpps in Jamaica and...
Little Beles Storage Plant (Ethiopia)
Reservoir for water supply with a storage capacity equal to 3.5 Mm³.