Dankali depression - Eritrea
Salini Costruttori S.p.A.
1997 - 2000
Description for Dankel Multi-Purpose Project (Eritrea)
Multi-purpose project (underground hydropower plant, water supply, etc.) for the utilization of the Red Sea water.
- External port (Red Sea)
- Internal port for commercial and industrial use
- Canal A -navigable ( L = 30 km, W = 15-50 m, d = 9 m )
- Sariga Dam – rockfill ( L_crest = 1.5 km, H = 18 m )
- Canal B – navigable ( L = 23 km, W = 30-60 m, d = 9 m )
- Mendah Dam – concrete ( L_crest = 300 m, H = 22 m )
- Hydro-Power plant ( IP = 500 MW, E = 1'000 GWh, No 2 Francis turbines )
- Tailrace tunnel ( L = 6 km, D = 10 m )
- Transmission line - 132 kV ( L = 480 km )
Malagarasi Hydropower (Tanzania)
Malagarasi HPP will be a run-of-the river...
King Talal Hydropower (Jordan)
The assignment comprises the assessment of conditions of the existing plant...
Nondvo Multi-purpose Project (Eswatini)
Nondvo multi-purpose dam provides potable water...
Simbirizzi Hydropower (Italy)
Simbirizzi (Settimo S. Pietro) is a small hydroelectric plant to supply the...
Maccheronis Dam (Italy)
Reservoir capacity augmentation through the heightening of an existing...
Koysha Hydropower (Ethiopia)
Koysha (2’160 MW, under construction) is the...
Bagré Multi-purpose Project (Burkina Faso)
Bagré multipurpose scheme was built in 1993 and is located along Nakambé...
Rio Grande Hydropower (Argentina)
Hydroelectric Plant with Pumped Station.
Lusaka Aqueduct (Zambia)
Lusaka project including domestic water supply pipeline for the city of...