Dankali depression - Eritrea
Salini Costruttori S.p.A.
1997 - 2000
Description for Dankel Multi-Purpose Project (Eritrea)
Multi-purpose project (underground hydropower plant, water supply, etc.) for the utilization of the Red Sea water.
- External port (Red Sea)
- Internal port for commercial and industrial use
- Canal A -navigable ( L = 30 km, W = 15-50 m, d = 9 m )
- Sariga Dam – rockfill ( L_crest = 1.5 km, H = 18 m )
- Canal B – navigable ( L = 23 km, W = 30-60 m, d = 9 m )
- Mendah Dam – concrete ( L_crest = 300 m, H = 22 m )
- Hydro-Power plant ( IP = 500 MW, E = 1'000 GWh, No 2 Francis turbines )
- Tailrace tunnel ( L = 6 km, D = 10 m )
- Transmission line - 132 kV ( L = 480 km )
Tana Beles Multi-Purpose Project (Ethiopia)
The ambitious Tana Beles project was located in the Metekel district of...
La Gogue Dam (Seychelles)
The aims of the assignment are the Design Review...
Anguilles Dam (Mauritius)
The scope of the project is to make use of the...
Uvini Hydropower (Italy)
Refurbishment of the Uvini hydropower plant.
Rio Grande Hydropower (Argentina)
Hydroelectric Plant with Pumped Station.
Kikonge Multi-Purpose Project (Tanzania)
Kikonge is a multipurpose project foreseen for...
Dankel Multi-Purpose Project (Eritrea)
Multi-purpose project (underground hydropower plant, water supply, etc.) for...
Kakono Hydropower (Tanzania)
Kakono will be a Hydropower Plant located on the...
King Talal Hydropower (Jordan)
The assignment comprises the assessment of conditions of the existing plant...