Dankali depression - Eritrea
Salini Costruttori S.p.A.
1997 - 2000
Description for Dankel (Eritrea)
Multi-purpose project (underground hydropower plant, water supply, etc.) for the utilization of the Red Sea water.
- External port (Red Sea)
- Internal port for commercial and industrial use
- Canal A -navigable (L = 30 km, W = 15-50 m, d = 9 m)
- Sariga Dam –rockfill (L_crest = 1.5 km, H = 18 m)
- Canal B – navigable (L = 23 km, W = 30-60 m, d = 9 m)
- Mendah Dam – concrete (L_crest = 300 m, H = 22 m)
- Hydro-Power plant (IP = 500 MW, E = 1'000 GWh, No 2 Francis turbines)
- Tailrace tunnel (L = 6 km, D = 10 m)
- Transmission line - 132 kV (L = 480 km)
Hydroelectric project on the Victoria Nile River within an installed power of...
Koysha Hydropower (Ethiopia)
Koysha is the fourth plant of the Omo river cascade (IPtot = 4600 MW),...
Chespi is the first hydroelectric project of the Guayllabamba cascade with an...
Water storage for irrigation, capacity 58 Mm³.
Lufubu Cascade (Zambia)
LUFUBU HPP Cascade envisages the construction of three hydropower plants on...
Three-dam projects for irrigation purposes.
Grand Ethiopian Renaissance Dam Hydropower (Ethiopia)
This majestic project, born of the vision and...
Santu Miali (Italy)
Refurbishment of the Santu Miali hydropower plant
Addis Ababa urban water supply scheme with a storage capacity of 40 Mm3.