Benishangull Gumuz National Regional State
Salini Costruttori S.p.A.
2010 – in progress
Description for Grand Ethiopian Renaissance Dam Hydropower (Ethiopia)
This majestic project, born of the vision and imagination of Giorgio Pietrangeli, will become Africa's largest hydropower plant with its 6000 MW of installed power. The Grand Ethiopian Renaissance Dam project, on the Blue Nile, includes the world's largest RCC dam.
( Catchment Area = 172,250 km2, Total Storage = 63,000 Mm3 )
Main dam ( Gravity RCC type, H = 175 m, Crest Length = 1780 m, Crest Elev. = 645 m.a.s.l. )
- Saddle dam ( Rockfill dam with Concrete Face, H = 55 m, Crest Length = 4,800 m )
- Spillway ( No. 6 gates 14x15.5 m, Q = 10,500 m3/sec )
- Power Waterways ( Penstocks No 15, L = 180 m, Average Diameter = 8.5 m )
- N° 4 diversions culverts ( L =210 m, Average Diameter = 8 m )
- Power house ( Outdoor, No. 2, 10+6 Francis Turbines, IP = 6,000 MW )
- River Bridge ( Total Length =260 m, Width = 10 m, Piers No 6, Max Span Length = 72 m )
Bituminous face rockfill dam for irrigation, water supply and hydropower...
Rio Grande Hydropower (Argentina)
Hydroelectric Plant with Pumped Station.
NAO (Sierra Leone)
Restore of the MV and LV distribution system in the two towns of Makeni and...
Water supply system for the district of Abuja, including pipelines, pumping...
Ulu Jelai (Malaysia)
Kalivac Hydropower Plant has 108 MW of installed power.
San Lorenzo (Italy)
San Lorenzo (Sestu) is a small hydroelectric plant to supply the water...
Three-dam projects for irrigation purposes.
The scope of the assignment is the rehabilitation of the existing Hermitage...