Benishangull Gumuz National Regional State
Salini Costruttori S.p.A.
2010 – in progress
Description for Grand Ethiopian Renassaince Dam
This majestic project, born of the vision and imagination of Giorgio Pietrangeli, will become Africa's largest hydropower plant with its 6000 MW of installed power. The Grand Ethiopian Renaissance Dam project, on the Blue Nile, includes the world's largest RCC dam.
(Catchment Area = 172,250 km2, Total Storage = 63,000 Mm3)
Main dam ( Gravity RCC type, H = 175 m, Crest Length = 1780 m, Crest Elev. = 645 m.a.s.l.)
- Saddle dam (Rockfill dam with Concrete Face, H = 55 m, Crest Length = 4,800 m)
- Spillway ( No. 6 gates 14x15.5 m, Q = 10,500 m3/sec )
- Power Waterways ( Penstocks No 15, L = 180 m, Average Diameter = 8.5 m )
- N° 4 diversions culverts ( L =210 m, Average Diameter = 8 m )
- Power house ( Outdoor, No. 2, 10+6 Francis Turbines, IP = 6,000 MW)
- River Bridge ( Total Length =260 m, Width = 10 m, Piers No 6, Max Span Length = 72 m)
Refurbishment of the Uvini hydropower plant.
Alto Temo (Italy)
Water storage plant for irrigation purposes with a capacity of 90 Mm³
Impianto Idroelettrico (PI = 255 MW) sul fiume Lunsemfwa a valle della diga...
Batoka Gorge (Zambia)
Trans-boundary hydropower plant of 1'600 MW, equally shared among Zambia...
Rio Grande (Argentina)
Hydroelectric Plant with Pumped Station.
Millennium Park (Nigeria)
Design of hydraulic works, water supply and irrigation system, reservoir and...
Hydroelectric Power Plant, with IP = 525 MW, which the exploits of N° 5...
Chespi is the first hydroelectric project of the Guayllabamba cascade with an...
Uribante Doradas (Venezuela)
Hydroelectric project with IP = 300 MW.