Benishangull Gumuz National Regional State
Salini Costruttori S.p.A.
2010 – in progress
Description for Grand Ethiopian Renassaince Dam
This majestic project, born of the vision and imagination of Giorgio Pietrangeli, will become Africa's largest hydropower plant with its 6000 MW of installed power. The Grand Ethiopian Renaissance Dam project, on the Blue Nile, includes the world's largest RCC dam.
(Catchment Area = 172,250 km2, Total Storage = 63,000 Mm3)
Main dam ( Gravity RCC type, H = 175 m, Crest Length = 1780 m, Crest Elev. = 645 m.a.s.l.)
- Saddle dam (Rockfill dam with Concrete Face, H = 55 m, Crest Length = 4,800 m)
- Spillway ( No. 6 gates 14x15.5 m, Q = 10,500 m3/sec )
- Power Waterways ( Penstocks No 15, L = 180 m, Average Diameter = 8.5 m )
- N° 4 diversions culverts ( L =210 m, Average Diameter = 8 m )
- Power house ( Outdoor, No. 2, 10+6 Francis Turbines, IP = 6,000 MW)
- River Bridge ( Total Length =260 m, Width = 10 m, Piers No 6, Max Span Length = 72 m)
Santu Miali (Italy)
Refurbishment of the Santu Miali hydropower plant
Reservoir capacity augmentation through the heightening of an existing...
Carpat PSP (Romania)
Pumped storage plant with an installed power of 300 MW.
Namakhvani Cascade (Georgia)
Namakhvani HPP Cascade, includes the construction of three hydropower schemes...
Kalivac Hydropower Plant has 108 MW of installed power.
Water supply system for the district of Abuja, including pipelines, pumping...
Little Beles (Ethiopia)
Reservoir for water supply with a storage capacity equal to 3.5 Mm³.
PHASE 1: Achievement of a reservoir for flood control of the Temo...
Simbirizzi (Settimo S. Pietro) is a small hydroelectric plant to supply the...