Benishangull Gumuz National Regional State
Salini Costruttori S.p.A.
2010 – in progress
Description for Grand Ethiopian Renaissance Dam
This majestic project, born of the vision and imagination of Giorgio Pietrangeli, will become Africa's largest hydropower plant with its 6000 MW of installed power. The Grand Ethiopian Renaissance Dam project, on the Blue Nile, includes the world's largest RCC dam.
(Catchment Area = 172,250 km2, Total Storage = 63,000 Mm3)
Main dam ( Gravity RCC type, H = 175 m, Crest Length = 1780 m, Crest Elev. = 645 m.a.s.l.)
- Saddle dam (Rockfill dam with Concrete Face, H = 55 m, Crest Length = 4,800 m)
- Spillway ( No. 6 gates 14x15.5 m, Q = 10,500 m3/sec )
- Power Waterways ( Penstocks No 15, L = 180 m, Average Diameter = 8.5 m )
- N° 4 diversions culverts ( L =210 m, Average Diameter = 8 m )
- Power house ( Outdoor, No. 2, 10+6 Francis Turbines, IP = 6,000 MW)
- River Bridge ( Total Length =260 m, Width = 10 m, Piers No 6, Max Span Length = 72 m)
Gibe V (Ethiopia)
Gibe V is the fifth stage of the Gibe-Omo hydroelectric cascade which...
Carpat PSP (Romania)
Pumped storage plant with an installed power of 300 MW.
Giurgiu Ramiresti (Romania)
Irrigation scheme with water from the Danube and irrigated area of 155'000...
Rio Mannu (Italy)
Concrete gravity dam for water supply and irrigation to be constructed in two...
Dabus HPP cascade is located on the Dabus river, a north-flowing tributary of...
Dam built to provide a reservoir for the urban water supply of Genoa.
Simbirizzi (Settimo S. Pietro) is a small hydroelectric plant to supply the...
Bituminous face rockfill dam for irrigation, water supply and hydropower...
Refurbishment of the Uvini hydropower plant.