Oromia region - Ethiopia
Salini Costruttori S.p.A.
2008 – 2009
Description for Gibe V (Ethiopia)
Gibe V is the fifth stage of the Gibe-Omo hydroelectric cascade which includes Gilgel Gibe, Gibe II (operating), Gibe III (under completion) and Gibe IV (planned).
- RCC Gravity Dam (H = 78 m, L_crest = 580 m)
- Spillway on dam body (N° 10 gates, W x H 12x19 m)
- River Diversion Works (No. 2 culverts, D = 12 m, L = 240 m)
- Cofferdam (H = 20 m, L = 240 m , rockfill with internal membrane)
- Dam body Power House (No. 10 Francis turbines, IP = 10x66 MW)
- Switchyard (200 x 150 m, 400 kV line bays)
Dam built to provide a reservoir for the urban water supply of Genoa.
Alto Temo (Italy)
Water storage plant for irrigation purposes with a capacity of 90 Mm³
Bumbuna (Sierra Leone)
This is one of our pet projects that we have...
Giurgiu Ramiresti (Romania)
Irrigation scheme with water from the Danube and irrigated area of 155'000...
Water storage plant for irrigation purposes with a reservoir capacity of 42...
Enguri Cascade (Georgia)
ENGURI HPP Cascade envisages the construction of three hydropower plants on...
Bituminous face rockfill dam for irrigation, water supply and hydropower...
Kabwe urban water supply scheme.
Reservoir storage capacity: 12 Mm³.
Grand Ethiopian Renassaince Dam
This majestic project, born of the vision and...