Oromia region - Ethiopia
Salini Costruttori S.p.A.
2008 – 2009
Description for Gibe V Multi-purpose Project (Ethiopia)
Gibe V is the fifth stage of the Gibe-Omo hydroelectric cascade which includes Gilgel Gibe, Gibe II, Gibe III (operating) and Gibe IV (planned).
- RCC Gravity Dam (H = 78 m, L_crest = 580 m)
- Spillway on dam body (N° 10 gates, W x H 12x19 m)
- River Diversion Works (No. 2 culverts, D = 12 m, L = 240 m)
- Cofferdam (H = 20 m, L = 240 m , rockfill with internal membrane)
- Dam body Power House (No. 10 Francis turbines, IP = 10x66 MW)
- Switchyard (200 x 150 m, 400 kV line bays)
Limonlu Hydropower (Turkey)
Limonlu HPP comprises 4 power plants in cascade to be constructed in 2 phases...
Tana Beles Multi-Purpose Project (Ethiopia)
The ambitious Tana Beles project was located in the Metekel district of...
Alto Temo Dam (Italy)
Alto Temo is a hollow gravity dam located in the...
Bujagali Hydropower (Uganda)
Hydroelectric project on the Victoria Nile River within an installed power of...
Simbirizzi Hydropower (Italy)
Simbirizzi (Settimo S. Pietro) is a small hydroelectric plant to supply the...
Montedoglio Dam (Italy)
Montedoglio dam has suffered some damages at the...
Enguri Cascade Hydropower (Georgia)
ENGURI HPP Cascade envisages the construction of three hydropower plants on...
Hydropower Projects (Ghana)
The scope of the assignment, commissioned by...
Uribante Doradas Hydropower (Venezuela)
Hydroelectric project with IP = 300 MW.