Oromia region - Ethiopia
Salini Costruttori S.p.A.
2008 – 2009
Description for Gibe V Multi-purpose Project (Ethiopia)
Gibe V is the fifth stage of the Gibe-Omo hydroelectric cascade which includes Gilgel Gibe, Gibe II, Gibe III (operating) and Gibe IV (planned).
- RCC Gravity Dam (H = 78 m, L_crest = 580 m)
- Spillway on dam body (N° 10 gates, W x H 12x19 m)
- River Diversion Works (No. 2 culverts, D = 12 m, L = 240 m)
- Cofferdam (H = 20 m, L = 240 m , rockfill with internal membrane)
- Dam body Power House (No. 10 Francis turbines, IP = 10x66 MW)
- Switchyard (200 x 150 m, 400 kV line bays)
Mini Hydroelectric Power Plants (Jamaica)
Jamaica 6 project includes the feasibility for six small hpps in Jamaica and...
Gibe V Multi-purpose Project (Ethiopia)
Gibe V is the fifth stage of the Gibe-Omo hydroelectric cascade which...
Kidunda Multi-Purpose Project (Tanzania)
Bituminous face rockfill dam for irrigation, water supply and hydropower...
Montedoglio Dam (Italy)
Montedoglio dam has suffered some damages at the...
Snowy 2 Pumped Hydro Electric Scheme (Australia)
The project is a pumped hydro plant in Australia...
Ulu Jelai Hydropower (Malaysia)
Ulu Jelai project consists in a RCC gravity dam...
Lufubu Hydropower Cascade (Zambia)
The Lufubu hydropower cascade includes three...
King Talal Hydropower (Jordan)
The project is aimed at the careful use of water...
Grand Ethiopian Renaissance Dam (Ethiopia)
The Grand Ethiopian Renaissance dam project is a...