Oromia region - Ethiopia
Salini Costruttori S.p.A.
2008 – 2009
Description for Gibe V Multi-purpose Project (Ethiopia)
Gibe V is the fifth stage of the Gibe-Omo hydroelectric cascade which includes Gilgel Gibe, Gibe II, Gibe III (operating) and Gibe IV (planned).
- RCC Gravity Dam (H = 78 m, L_crest = 580 m)
- Spillway on dam body (N° 10 gates, W x H 12x19 m)
- River Diversion Works (No. 2 culverts, D = 12 m, L = 240 m)
- Cofferdam (H = 20 m, L = 240 m , rockfill with internal membrane)
- Dam body Power House (No. 10 Francis turbines, IP = 10x66 MW)
- Switchyard (200 x 150 m, 400 kV line bays)
Kamuzu I Dam (Malawi)
The scope of the assignment is the raising,...
Gibe V Multi-purpose Project (Ethiopia)
Gibe V is the fifth stage of the Gibe-Omo hydroelectric cascade which...
Arda Cascade (Bulgaria)
Hydropower cascade including the existing plants of Karjali (IP = 106 MW),...
Rumakali Hydropower (Tanzania)
Hydroelectric Power Plant, with IP = 525 MW, which the exploits of N° 5...
Rio Grande Hydropower (Argentina)
Hydroelectric Plant with Pumped Station.
Dire Dam (Ethiopia)
Earthfill dam with impermeable core for water supply to Addis Ababa and to...
Lower Diamphwe Multi-Purpose Project (Malawi)
This project includes the Lower Diamphwe Multipurpose Dam and associated...
Dam Break Studies (Mauritius)
The assignment consists in the analysis of...
Hydropower Projects (Ghana)
The scope of the assignment, commissioned by...