Oromia region - Ethiopia
Salini Costruttori S.p.A.
2008 – 2009
Description for Gibe V Multi-purpose Project (Ethiopia)
Gibe V is the fifth stage of the Gibe-Omo hydroelectric cascade which includes Gilgel Gibe, Gibe II, Gibe III (operating) and Gibe IV (planned).
- RCC Gravity Dam (H = 78 m, L_crest = 580 m)
- Spillway on dam body (N° 10 gates, W x H 12x19 m)
- River Diversion Works (No. 2 culverts, D = 12 m, L = 240 m)
- Cofferdam (H = 20 m, L = 240 m , rockfill with internal membrane)
- Dam body Power House (No. 10 Francis turbines, IP = 10x66 MW)
- Switchyard (200 x 150 m, 400 kV line bays)
Thwake Multi-purpose Dam (Kenya)
Thwake is a multi-purpose dam designed to...
Limonlu Hydropower (Turkey)
Limonlu HPP comprises 4 power plants in cascade to be constructed in 2 phases...
Maswa Aqueduct (Tanzania)
Maswa project including domestic water supply pipeline for the district...
Gilgel Gibe Hydropower (Ethiopia)
The Gilgel Gibe hydropower plant is the first...
High Voltage Transmission System (GABON-CONGO)
The assignment, financed by European Union...
HV Transmission Lines (Tanzania)
This is a feasibility study and detailed design...
Ruzizi Transmission Lines (Africa)
Studio Pietrangeli is a consultancy firm specialized in transmission lines...
Lusaka Aqueduct (Zambia)
Lusaka project including domestic water supply pipeline for the city of...
Rogun Hydropower (Tajikistan)
The Rogun Hydropower Plant, on the Vakhsh river...