Oromia region - Ethiopia
Salini Costruttori S.p.A.
2008 – 2009
Description for Gibe V Multi-purpose Project (Ethiopia)
Gibe V is the fifth stage of the Gibe-Omo hydroelectric cascade which includes Gilgel Gibe, Gibe II, Gibe III (operating) and Gibe IV (planned).
- RCC Gravity Dam (H = 78 m, L_crest = 580 m)
- Spillway on dam body (N° 10 gates, W x H 12x19 m)
- River Diversion Works (No. 2 culverts, D = 12 m, L = 240 m)
- Cofferdam (H = 20 m, L = 240 m , rockfill with internal membrane)
- Dam body Power House (No. 10 Francis turbines, IP = 10x66 MW)
- Switchyard (200 x 150 m, 400 kV line bays)
Dire Dam (Ethiopia)
Earthfill dam with impermeable core for water supply to Addis Ababa and to...
Uvini Hydropower (Italy)
Refurbishment of the Uvini hydropower plant.
Kabwe Aqueduct (Zambia)
Kabwe urban water supply scheme.
Reservoir storage capacity: 12 Mm³.
Anguilles Dam (Mauritius)
The scope of the project is to make use of the...
Gibe II Hydropower Plant (Ethiopia)
Gibe II hydropower plant is the second stage of...
Lefkara Storage Plant (Cyprus)
Storage works for Famagusta urban water supply.
Djoué Hydropower (Congo)
Djouè river hydroelettric plant (tributary of Congo).
Santu Miali Hydropower (Italy)
Refurbishment of the Santu Miali hydropower plant
Batoka Gorge Hydropower (Zambia/Zimbabwe)
The prestigious project of Batoka Gorge, with...