Oromia region - Ethiopia
Salini Costruttori S.p.A.
2008 – 2009
Description for Gibe V (Ethiopia)
Gibe V is the fifth stage of the Gibe-Omo hydroelectric cascade which includes Gilgel Gibe, Gibe II (operating), Gibe III (under completion) and Gibe IV (planned).
- RCC Gravity Dam (H = 78 m, L_crest = 580 m)
- Spillway on dam body (N° 10 gates, W x H 12x19 m)
- River Diversion Works (No. 2 culverts, D = 12 m, L = 240 m)
- Cofferdam (H = 20 m, L = 240 m , rockfill with internal membrane)
- Dam body Power House (No. 10 Francis turbines, IP = 10x66 MW)
- Switchyard (200 x 150 m, 400 kV line bays)
Santu Miali (Italy)
Refurbishment of the Santu Miali hydropower plant
Rio Grande Hydropower (Argentina)
Hydroelectric Plant with Pumped Station.
Gibe III Hydropower (Ethiopia)
The design of this record breaking 250 m high...
Limonlu HPP comprises 4 power plants in cascade to be constructed in 2 phases...
Bagré (Burkina Faso)
Bagré multipurpose scheme was built in 1993 and is located along Nakambé...
Busalletta Aqueduct (Italy)
Dam built to provide a reservoir for the urban water supply of Genoa.
HV Transmission Lines (Tanzania)
This is a feasibility study of high voltage transmission lines and...
Kamuzu I (Malawi)
The scope of the assignment is the raising,...
Gibe V (Ethiopia)
Gibe V is the fifth stage of the Gibe-Omo hydroelectric cascade which...