Oromia region - Ethiopia
Salini Costruttori S.p.A.
2008 – 2009
Description for Gibe V (Ethiopia)
Gibe V is the fifth stage of the Gibe-Omo hydroelectric cascade which includes Gilgel Gibe, Gibe II (operating), Gibe III (under completion) and Gibe IV (planned).
- RCC Gravity Dam (H = 78 m, L_crest = 580 m)
- Spillway on dam body (N° 10 gates, W x H 12x19 m)
- River Diversion Works (No. 2 culverts, D = 12 m, L = 240 m)
- Cofferdam (H = 20 m, L = 240 m , rockfill with internal membrane)
- Dam body Power House (No. 10 Francis turbines, IP = 10x66 MW)
- Switchyard (200 x 150 m, 400 kV line bays)
Impianto Idroelettrico (PI = 255 MW) sul fiume Lunsemfwa a valle della diga...
Enguri Cascade (Georgia)
ENGURI HPP Cascade envisages the construction of three hydropower plants on...
Giurgiu Ramiresti (Romania)
Irrigation scheme with water from the Danube and irrigated area of 155'000...
Gilgel Gibe (Ethiopia)
Hydroelectric power plant (IP = 200 MW) including rockfill dam, underground...
Gibe III (Ethiopia)
The design of this record breaking 250 m high...
Montedoglio dam has suffered some damages at the spillway and dam body due to...
Grand Ethiopian Renaissance Dam
This majestic project, born of the vision and...
Bumbuna (Sierra Leone)
This is one of our pet projects that we have...
San Lorenzo (Italy)
San Lorenzo (Sestu) is a small hydroelectric plant to supply the water...