Oromia region - Ethiopia
1995 - 2003
Description for Gilgel Gibe (Ethiopia)
Hydroelectric power plant (IP = 200 MW) including rockfill dam, underground power house and auxiliary works.
- Rockfill Dam with bituminous upstream facing (H = 40 m, L = 1'600 m, Embankment volume V = 2.5 Mm³, bituminous face A = 105.000 m²)
- Spillway (No. 4 gates 12x8.5 m, L = 48m, Q = 2'250 m³/s)
- Power Tunnel (L = 8.8 km, D = 5.5 m)
- Surge Shaft (H = 110 m, D = 14 m)
- Underground Power House (83x22, 5x41 m, No. 3 Francis turbines, IP = 3x66,7 MW)
Dam built to provide a reservoir for the urban water supply of Genoa.
Vranduk (Bosnia and Herzegovina)
Vranduk project consists in a run off river power plant with an installed...
Rio Mannu (Italy)
Concrete gravity dam for water supply and irrigation to be constructed in two...
Carpat PSP (Romania)
Pumped storage plant with an installed power of 300 MW.
NAO (Sierra Leone)
Restore of the MV and LV distribution system in the two towns of Makeni and...
Water storage for irrigation, capacity 58 Mm³.
Gibe V (Ethiopia)
Gibe V is the fifth stage of the Gibe-Omo hydroelectric cascade which...
Kalivac Hydropower Plant has 108 MW of installed power.
Water storage plant for irrigation purposes with a reservoir capacity of 42...