Oromia region - Ethiopia
1995 - 2003
Description for Gilgel Gibe Hydropower (Ethiopia)
Hydroelectric power plant (IP = 200 MW) including rockfill dam, underground power house and auxiliary works.
- Rockfill Dam with bituminous upstream facing ( H = 40 m, L = 1'600 m, Embankment volume V = 2.5 Mm³, bituminous face A = 105'000 m² )
- Spillway ( No. 4 gates 12x8.5 m, L = 48 m, Q = 2'250 m³/s )
- Power Tunnel ( L = 8.8 km, D = 5.5 m )
- Surge Shaft ( H = 110 m, D = 14 m )
- Underground Power House ( No. 3 Francis turbines, IP = 3x66,7 MW )
Dire Dam (Ethiopia)
Earthfill dam with impermeable core for water supply to Addis Ababa and to...
Dabus Hydropower (Ethiopia)
Dabus HPP cascade is located on the Dabus river, a north-flowing tributary of...
Qaliwana Hydropower (Fiji)
This is the first Studio Pietrangeli’s project...
Acerenza Dam (Italy)
Water storage plant for irrigation purposes with a reservoir capacity of 42...
Enguri Cascade Hydropower (Georgia)
ENGURI HPP Cascade envisages the construction of three hydropower plants on...
King Talal Hydropower (Jordan)
The assignment comprises the assessment of conditions of the existing plant...
Chespi Hydropower (Ecuador)
Chespi is the first hydroelectric project of the Guayllabamba cascade with an...
Little Beles Storage Plant (Ethiopia)
Reservoir for water supply with a storage capacity equal to 3.5 Mm³.
Koysha Hydropower (Ethiopia)
Koysha (2’160 MW, under construction) is the...