Oromia region - Ethiopia
1995 - 2003
Description for Gilgel Gibe Hydropower (Ethiopia)
Hydroelectric power plant (IP = 200 MW) including rockfill dam, underground power house and auxiliary works.
- Rockfill Dam with bituminous upstream facing ( H = 40 m, L = 1'600 m, Embankment volume V = 2.5 Mm³, bituminous face A = 105'000 m² )
- Spillway ( No. 4 gates 12x8.5 m, L = 48 m, Q = 2'250 m³/s )
- Power Tunnel ( L = 8.8 km, D = 5.5 m )
- Surge Shaft ( H = 110 m, D = 14 m )
- Underground Power House ( No. 3 Francis turbines, IP = 3x66,7 MW )
San Lorenzo Hydropower (Italy)
San Lorenzo (Sestu) is a small hydroelectric plant to supply the water...
Arcichiaro Multi-purpose Project (Italy)
Rockfill dam with bituminous facing (BFRd) with a reservoir for irrigation,...
Grand Anse Dam (Seychelles)
The water demand in Seychelles is continuously...
Hydropower Projects (Ghana)
The scope of the assignment, commissioned by...
Porto Romano Multi-Purpose Project (Italy)
Yacht Harbour is on the right side of the Tevere River floodplain, about 1 km...
Lusaka Aqueduct (Zambia)
Lusaka project including domestic water supply pipeline for the city of...
Santu Miali Hydropower (Italy)
Refurbishment of the Santu Miali hydropower plant
Malagarasi Hydropower (Tanzania)
Malagarasi HPP will be a run-of-the river...
Lefkara Storage Plant (Cyprus)
Storage works for Famagusta urban water supply.