Oromia region - Ethiopia
1995 - 2003
Description for Gilgel Gibe Hydropower (Ethiopia)
Hydroelectric power plant (IP = 200 MW) including rockfill dam, underground power house and auxiliary works.
- Rockfill Dam with bituminous upstream facing (H = 40 m, L = 1'600 m, Embankment volume V = 2.5 Mm³, bituminous face A = 105.000 m²)
- Spillway (No. 4 gates 12x8.5 m, L = 48m, Q = 2'250 m³/s)
- Power Tunnel (L = 8.8 km, D = 5.5 m)
- Surge Shaft (H = 110 m, D = 14 m)
- Underground Power House (83x22, 5x41 m, No. 3 Francis turbines, IP = 3x66,7 MW)
Kalivac Hydropower Plant has 108 MW of installed power.
Ruzizi Transmission Lines
Studio Pietrangeli is a consultancy firm specialized in transmission lines...
Bagré (Burkina Faso)
Bagré multipurpose scheme was built in 1993 and is located along Nakambé...
Gibe II Hydropower (Ethiopia)
Gibe II is the second stage of the Gibe-Omo hydroelectric cascade which...
Busalletta Aqueduct (Italy)
Dam built to provide a reservoir for the urban water supply of Genoa.
Rio Grande Hydropower (Argentina)
Hydroelectric Plant with Pumped Station.
Hydroelectric Power Plant, with IP = 525 MW, which the exploits of N° 5...
HV Transmission Lines (Tanzania)
This is a feasibility study of high voltage transmission lines and...
Impianto Idroelettrico (PI = 255 MW) sul fiume Lunsemfwa a valle della diga...