Oromia region - Ethiopia
1995 - 2003
Description for Gilgel Gibe (Ethiopia)
Hydroelectric power plant (IP = 200 MW) including rockfill dam, underground power house and auxiliary works.
- Rockfill Dam with bituminous upstream facing (H = 40 m, L = 1'600 m, Embankment volume V = 2.5 Mm³, bituminous face A = 105.000 m²)
- Spillway (No. 4 gates 12x8.5 m, L = 48m, Q = 2'250 m³/s)
- Power Tunnel (L = 8.8 km, D = 5.5 m)
- Surge Shaft (H = 110 m, D = 14 m)
- Underground Power House (83x22, 5x41 m, No. 3 Francis turbines, IP = 3x66,7 MW)
Lufubu Cascade (Zambia)
LUFUBU HPP Cascade envisages the construction of three hydropower plants on...
Grand Ethiopian Renassaince Dam
This majestic project, born of the vision and...
Dam built to provide a reservoir for the urban water supply of Genoa.
Lower Diamphwe (Malawi)
This project includes the Lower Diamphwe Multipurpose Dam and associated...
Uribante Doradas (Venezuela)
Hydroelectric project with IP = 300 MW.
King Talal (Jordan)
The assignment comprises the assessment of conditions of the existing plant...
Lusaka project including domestic water supply pipeline for the city of...
Bituminous face rockfill dam for irrigation, water supply and hydropower...
Rio Mannu (Italy)
Concrete gravity dam for water supply and irrigation to be constructed in two...