Oromia region - Ethiopia
1995 - 2003
Description for Gilgel Gibe (Ethiopia)
Hydroelectric power plant (IP = 200 MW) including rockfill dam, underground power house and auxiliary works.
- Rockfill Dam with bituminous upstream facing (H = 40 m, L = 1'600 m, Embankment volume V = 2.5 Mm³, bituminous face A = 105.000 m²)
- Spillway (No. 4 gates 12x8.5 m, L = 48m, Q = 2'250 m³/s)
- Power Tunnel (L = 8.8 km, D = 5.5 m)
- Surge Shaft (H = 110 m, D = 14 m)
- Underground Power House (83x22, 5x41 m, No. 3 Francis turbines, IP = 3x66,7 MW)
Tana Beles (Ethiopia)
The ambitious Tana Beles project was located in the Metekel district of...
Gibe III (Ethiopia)
The design of this record breaking 250 m high...
Dire Dam (Ethiopia)
Earthfill dam with impermeable core for water supply to Addis Ababa and to...
Rockfill dam with bituminous facing (BFRd) with a reservoir for irrigation,...
PHASE 1: Achievement of a reservoir for flood control of the Temo...
Ulu Jelai (Malaysia)
Limonlu HPP comprises 4 power plants in cascade to be constructed in 2 phases...
Alto Temo (Italy)
Water storage plant for irrigation purposes with a capacity of 90 Mm³
Maswa project including domestic water supply pipeline for the district...