Portland, St. Catherine, Trelawny, St. Thomas - Jamaica
Ministry of Science, Technology, Energy and Mining
2013 - in progress
Description for Jamaica 5 hydropower (Jamaica)
This project includes prefeasibility and feasibility studies for five small hydropower plants in Jamaica.
- No. 2 Weirs/Intake (H/L = 15 / 50 m, 30 / 94 m)
- Low pressure pipe (L = 3.9 km, D = 0.75 m)
- High pressure penstock (L = 1.5 km, D = 0.75 m)
- Power House (No. 1x2.3 MW, Pelton type)
- Weir/Intake (H = 15 m, L = 60 m)
- Low pressure pipe (L = 700 m, D = 0.6 m)
- High pressure Penstock (L = 1400 m, D = 0.6 m)
- Power House (No. 1x0.9 MW, Pelton type)
- Diversion dam (H = 30 m, L = 110 m)
- Open Channel (W = 1.8 m)
- Waterway Tunnel (L = 600 m, D = 2 m)
- Penstock (L = 350 m, D = 1.4 m)
- Power House (No. 2, 1.5 + 0.6 MW)
- Rehabilitation of existing Weir (H = 6-12 m, L = 40 m)
- Headrace Canal (L = 35 m)
- Power House (No. 1x1 MW, semi-Kaplan)
- Diversion Weir
- Open Canal (L = 2700 m)
- Power Tunnel (L = 750 m, A = 10 m2)
- Steel Penstock (L = 250 m, D = 2,7 m)
- Power House (No. 2x2.5 MW, Francis)
Koysha Hydropower (Ethiopia)
Koysha (2’160 MW, under construction) is the...
Mulembo-Lelya Hydropower (Zambia)
Mulembo-Lelya is a hydropower project located...
Qaliwana Hydropower (Fiji)
This is the first Studio Pietrangeli’s project...
Kabwe urban water supply scheme.
Reservoir storage capacity: 12 Mm³.
Lower Diamphwe (Malawi)
This project includes the Lower Diamphwe Multipurpose Dam and associated...
NAO (Sierra Leone)
Restore of the MV and LV distribution system in the two towns of Makeni and...
Kabuyanda is a multipurpose dam envisaged for agriculture (paddy rice and...
Limonlu HPP comprises 4 power plants in cascade to be constructed in 2 phases...
Little Beles Storage Plant (Ethiopia)
Reservoir for water supply with a storage capacity equal to 3.5 Mm³.