Mikulazi Forest Reserve - Tanzania
Dar es Salaam Water & Sewage Authority (DAWASA)
2010 - in progress
Description for Kidunda (Tanzania)
Bituminous face rockfill dam for irrigation, water supply and hydropower purposes.
- Reservoir (A = 78 km², V_live = 280 Mm³)
- Rockfill Dam with bituminous facing (H = 21 m, L_crest = 860 m, V = 450'000 m³, A_grouting curtain = 24'000 m²)
- Gated spillway (L = 133 m, W = 117 m, No. 8 Gates, Q_design = 3'500 m³/s)
- Intake tower (H = 25 m, No. 4 Slide gate, HxW = 6x6 m)
- Outlet works (Type double barrel, L = 200 m, D = 6 m each)
- Tailrace Canal (L = 103 m, W = 30 m)
- Outdoor Power House (E = 60 GWh/y, IP = 20 MW, No. 2 Kaplan turbines)
- Resettlement (No. 5'000 People relocated, No. 2'000 Houses involved)
Dam built to provide a reservoir for the urban water supply of Genoa.
Dire Dam (Ethiopia)
Earthfill dam with impermeable core for water supply to Addis Ababa and to...
Lower Diamphwe (Malawi)
This project includes the Lower Diamphwe Multipurpose Dam and associated...
Ulu Jelai (Malaysia)
Maswa project including domestic water supply pipeline for the district...
Hydroelectric project on the Victoria Nile River within an installed power of...
San Lorenzo (Italy)
San Lorenzo (Sestu) is a small hydroelectric plant to supply the water...
Porto Romano (Italy)
Yacht Harbour is on the right side of the Tevere River floodplain, about 1 km...
Grand Ethiopian Renassaince Dam
This majestic project, born of the vision and...