Mikulazi Forest Reserve - Tanzania
Dar es Salaam Water & Sewage Authority (DAWASA)
2010 - in progress
Description for Kidunda Multi-Purpose Project (Tanzania)
Bituminous face rockfill dam for irrigation, water supply and hydropower purposes.
- Reservoir ( A = 78 km², V_live = 280 Mm³ )
- Rockfill Dam with bituminous facing ( H = 21 m, L_crest = 860 m, V = 450'000 m³, A_grouting curtain = 24'000 m² )
- Gated spillway ( L = 133 m, W = 117 m, No. 8 Gates, Q_design = 3'500 m³/s )
- Intake tower ( H = 25 m, No. 4 Slide gate, HxW = 6x6 m )
- Outlet works ( Type double barrel, L = 200 m, D = 6 m each )
- Tailrace Canal ( L = 103 m, W = 30 m )
- Outdoor Power House ( E = 60 GWh/y, IP = 20 MW, No. 2 Kaplan turbines )
- Resettlement ( No. 5'000 People relocated, No. 2'000 Houses involved )
Malagarasi Hydropower (Tanzania)
Malagarasi HPP will be a run-of-the river...
Gibe V Multi-purpose Project (Ethiopia)
Gibe V is the fifth stage of the Gibe-Omo hydroelectric cascade which...
Namakhvani Hydropower (Georgia)
Namakhvani hydropower cascade, envisages the...
Carpat Pumped Storage Plant (Romania)
Pumped storage plant with an installed power of 300 MW.
Anguilles Dam (Mauritius)
The scope of the project is to make use of the...
Qaliwana Hydropower (Fiji)
This is the first Studio Pietrangeli’s project...
Millennium Park Multi-Purpose Project (Nigeria)
Design of hydraulic works, water supply and irrigation system, reservoir and...
Nondvo Multi-purpose Project (Eswatini)
Nondvo multi-purpose dam provides potable water...
Bagré Multi-purpose Project (Burkina Faso)
Bagré multipurpose scheme was built in 1993 and is located along Nakambé...