Mikulazi Forest Reserve - Tanzania
Dar es Salaam Water & Sewage Authority (DAWASA)
2010 - in progress
Description for Kidunda Multi-Purpose Project (Tanzania)
Bituminous face rockfill dam for irrigation, water supply and hydropower purposes.
- Reservoir ( A = 78 km², V_live = 280 Mm³ )
- Rockfill Dam with bituminous facing ( H = 21 m, L_crest = 860 m, V = 450'000 m³, A_grouting curtain = 24'000 m² )
- Gated spillway ( L = 133 m, W = 117 m, No. 8 Gates, Q_design = 3'500 m³/s )
- Intake tower ( H = 25 m, No. 4 Slide gate, HxW = 6x6 m )
- Outlet works ( Type double barrel, L = 200 m, D = 6 m each )
- Tailrace Canal ( L = 103 m, W = 30 m )
- Outdoor Power House ( E = 60 GWh/y, IP = 20 MW, No. 2 Kaplan turbines )
- Resettlement ( No. 5'000 People relocated, No. 2'000 Houses involved )
Batoka Gorge Hydropower (Zambia/Zimbabwe)
The prestigious project of Batoka Gorge, with...
Djoué Hydropower (Congo)
Djouè river hydroelettric plant (tributary of Congo).
Genzano Storage Plant (Italy)
Water storage for irrigation, capacity 58 Mm³.
Namakhvani Hydropower (Georgia)
Namakhvani hydropower cascade, envisages the...
Uvini Hydropower (Italy)
Refurbishment of the Uvini hydropower plant.
Arda Cascade (Bulgaria)
Hydropower cascade including the existing plants of Karjali (IP = 106 MW),...
Casteddu Irrigation Project (Italy)
Three-dam projects for irrigation purposes.
Gibe II Hydropower (Ethiopia)
Gibe II is the second stage of the Gibe-Omo hydroelectric cascade which...
Little Beles Storage Plant (Ethiopia)
Reservoir for water supply with a storage capacity equal to 3.5 Mm³.