Kyoga Nile river - Uganda
Salini Costruttori S.p.A.
2008 - 2009
Description for Kyoga Nile (Uganda)
Kamdini (Karuma) is the first plant of the Kyoga-Nile cascade.
Kibaa is the second plant of the cascade, located 43 km downstream of Kamdini (Karuma) hpp.
Murchison is the third plant of the Kyoga-Nile cascade, located 35 km downstream of Kibaa hpp.
- Bituminous Facing Rockfill Dam ( H = 30 m , L_crest = 480 m, V_reservoir = 68 Mm³)
- Tunnels (No. 2 River Diversion tunnels L = 0.5 km, D = 12 m; No. 2 Tailrace tunnels, D = 14 m, L = 4 km)
- Canals (Headrace canal W_bottom =15 m, L = 5,7 km; Tailrace canal W =15 m, L = 2,5 km)
- Power Shaft (D = 15/17 m, L = 80 m)
- Underground Power House (No. 10 Francis Turbines, IP = 1'260 MW, H_net = 64 m)
- Bituminous Facing Rockfill Dam (H = 83 m , L_crest = 2'150 m, V_reservoir = 300 Mm³)
- Tunnels (No. 1 River Diversion tunnel, D= 14 m, L = 1 km; No. 2 Tailrace tunnels, L = 4.5 km, D = 14 m)
- Canals (Headrace canala W_bottom = 14 m, L = 10 km; Tailrace canal W_bottom = 14 m, L = 2.0 km)
- Power Shaft (D = 11/14 m, L = 140 m)
- Underground Power Houses (No. 16 Francis Turbines, IP = 2'600 MW, H_net = 131 m)
- Bituminous Facing Rockfill Dam (H = 44 m , L_crest = 1'300 m, V_reservoir = 170 Mm³)
- Tailrace Tunnels ( No. 2, D= 14 m, L = 5.5 km)
- Headrace Canal (W_bottom = 14 m; L = 0.7 km)
- Power Shaft (D = 11/14 m, L = 120 m)
- Underground Power Houses (No. 14 Francis Turbines, IP = 2'150 MW, H_net = 107 m)
Bumbuna Hydropower (Sierra Leone)
The Bumbuna Hydroelectric Project (BHP) is the...
Reservoir capacity augmentation through the heightening of an existing...
Alto Temo Dam (Italy)
Water storage plant for irrigation purposes with a capacity of 90 Mm³
Santu Miali (Italy)
Refurbishment of the Santu Miali hydropower plant
Rio Grande Hydropower (Argentina)
Hydroelectric Plant with Pumped Station.
Maswa project including domestic water supply pipeline for the district...
Impianto Idroelettrico (PI = 255 MW) sul fiume Lunsemfwa a valle della diga...
Lufubu Hydropower Cascade (Zambia)
LUFUBU HPP Cascade envisages the construction of three hydropower plants on...
Dam Break Studies (Mauritius)
The assignment consists in the analysis of...