Kyoga Nile river - Uganda
Salini Costruttori S.p.A.
2008 - 2009
Description for Kyoga Nile (Uganda)
Kamdini (Karuma) is the first plant of the Kyoga-Nile cascade.
Kibaa is the second plant of the cascade, located 43 km downstream of Kamdini (Karuma) hpp.
Murchison is the third plant of the Kyoga-Nile cascade, located 35 km downstream of Kibaa hpp.
- Bituminous Facing Rockfill Dam ( H = 30 m , L_crest = 480 m, V_reservoir = 68 Mm³)
- Tunnels (No. 2 River Diversion tunnels L = 0.5 km, D = 12 m; No. 2 Tailrace tunnels, D = 14 m, L = 4 km)
- Canals (Headrace canal W_bottom =15 m, L = 5,7 km; Tailrace canal W =15 m, L = 2,5 km)
- Power Shaft (D = 15/17 m, L = 80 m)
- Underground Power House (No. 10 Francis Turbines, IP = 1'260 MW, H_net = 64 m)
- Bituminous Facing Rockfill Dam (H = 83 m , L_crest = 2'150 m, V_reservoir = 300 Mm³)
- Tunnels (No. 1 River Diversion tunnel, D= 14 m, L = 1 km; No. 2 Tailrace tunnels, L = 4.5 km, D = 14 m)
- Canals (Headrace canala W_bottom = 14 m, L = 10 km; Tailrace canal W_bottom = 14 m, L = 2.0 km)
- Power Shaft (D = 11/14 m, L = 140 m)
- Underground Power Houses (No. 16 Francis Turbines, IP = 2'600 MW, H_net = 131 m)
- Bituminous Facing Rockfill Dam (H = 44 m , L_crest = 1'300 m, V_reservoir = 170 Mm³)
- Tailrace Tunnels ( No. 2, D= 14 m, L = 5.5 km)
- Headrace Canal (W_bottom = 14 m; L = 0.7 km)
- Power Shaft (D = 11/14 m, L = 120 m)
- Underground Power Houses (No. 14 Francis Turbines, IP = 2'150 MW, H_net = 107 m)
Rio Mannu (Italy)
Concrete gravity dam for water supply and irrigation to be constructed in two...
Giurgiu Ramiresti (Romania)
Irrigation scheme with water from the Danube and irrigated area of 155'000...
Bagré (Burkina Faso)
Bagré multipurpose scheme was built in 1993 and is located along Nakambé...
Water storage plant for irrigation purposes with a reservoir capacity of 42...
Bumbuna (Sierra Leone)
This is one of our pet projects that we have...
Little Beles (Ethiopia)
Reservoir for water supply with a storage capacity equal to 3.5 Mm³.
Gibe III (Ethiopia)
The design of this record breaking 250 m high...
Bituminous face rockfill dam for irrigation, water supply and hydropower...
Maswa project including domestic water supply pipeline for the district...