Kyoga Nile river - Uganda
Salini Costruttori S.p.A.
2008 - 2009
Description for Kyoga Nile Hydropower (Uganda)
Kamdini (Karuma) is the first plant of the Kyoga-Nile cascade.
Kibaa is the second plant of the cascade, located 43 km downstream of Kamdini (Karuma) hpp.
Murchison is the third plant of the Kyoga-Nile cascade, located 35 km downstream of Kibaa hpp.
- Bituminous Facing Rockfill Dam ( H = 30 m , L_crest = 480 m, V_reservoir = 68 Mm³ )
- Tunnels ( No. 2 River Diversion tunnels L = 0.5 km, D = 12 m; No. 2 Tailrace tunnels, D = 14 m, L = 4 km )
- Canals ( Headrace canal W_bottom =15 m, L = 5,7 km; Tailrace canal W =15 m, L = 2,5 km )
- Power Shaft ( D = 15/17 m, L = 80 m)
- Underground Power House (No. 10 Francis Turbines, IP = 1'260 MW, H_net = 64 m )
- Bituminous Facing Rockfill Dam ( H = 83 m , L_crest = 2'150 m, V_reservoir = 300 Mm³ )
- Tunnels ( No. 1 River Diversion tunnel, D= 14 m, L = 1 km; No. 2 Tailrace tunnels, L = 4.5 km, D = 14 m )
- Canals ( Headrace canala W_bottom = 14 m, L = 10 km; Tailrace canal W_bottom = 14 m, L = 2.0 km )
- Power Shaft ( D = 11/14 m, L = 140 m )
- Underground Power Houses ( No. 16 Francis Turbines, IP = 2'600 MW, H_net = 131 m )
- Bituminous Facing Rockfill Dam ( H = 44 m , L_crest = 1'300 m, V_reservoir = 170 Mm³ )
- Tailrace Tunnels ( No. 2, D= 14 m, L = 5.5 km )
- Headrace Canal ( W_bottom = 14 m; L = 0.7 km )
- Power Shaft ( D = 11/14 m, L = 120 m )
- Underground Power Houses ( No. 14 Francis Turbines, IP = 2'150 MW, H_net = 107 m )
Montedoglio Dam (Italy)
Montedoglio dam has suffered some damages at the...
Mulembo-Lelya Hydropower (Zambia)
Mulembo-Lelya is a hydropower project located...
Simbirizzi Hydropower (Italy)
Simbirizzi (Settimo S. Pietro) is a small hydroelectric plant to supply the...
Beles Multi-purpose Project (Ethiopia)
The Beles multi-purpose project is a hydropower...
Chespi Hydropower (Ecuador)
Chespi is the first hydroelectric project of the Guayllabamba cascade with an...
Maccheronis Dam (Italy)
Reservoir capacity augmentation through the heightening of an existing...
Bumbuna Hydropower (Sierra Leone)
The Bumbuna Hydroelectric Project (BHP) is the...
Roma Est Sewage Plant (Italy)
Sewage treatment plant for domestic and industrial waste water.
Giurgiu Ramiresti Irrigation (Romania)
Irrigation scheme with water from the Danube and irrigated area of 155'000...