Kyoga Nile river - Uganda
Salini Costruttori S.p.A.
2008 - 2009
Description for Kyoga Nile Hydropower (Uganda)
Kamdini (Karuma) is the first plant of the Kyoga-Nile cascade.
Kibaa is the second plant of the cascade, located 43 km downstream of Kamdini (Karuma) hpp.
Murchison is the third plant of the Kyoga-Nile cascade, located 35 km downstream of Kibaa hpp.
- Bituminous Facing Rockfill Dam ( H = 30 m , L_crest = 480 m, V_reservoir = 68 Mm³ )
- Tunnels ( No. 2 River Diversion tunnels L = 0.5 km, D = 12 m; No. 2 Tailrace tunnels, D = 14 m, L = 4 km )
- Canals ( Headrace canal W_bottom =15 m, L = 5,7 km; Tailrace canal W =15 m, L = 2,5 km )
- Power Shaft ( D = 15/17 m, L = 80 m)
- Underground Power House (No. 10 Francis Turbines, IP = 1'260 MW, H_net = 64 m )
- Bituminous Facing Rockfill Dam ( H = 83 m , L_crest = 2'150 m, V_reservoir = 300 Mm³ )
- Tunnels ( No. 1 River Diversion tunnel, D= 14 m, L = 1 km; No. 2 Tailrace tunnels, L = 4.5 km, D = 14 m )
- Canals ( Headrace canala W_bottom = 14 m, L = 10 km; Tailrace canal W_bottom = 14 m, L = 2.0 km )
- Power Shaft ( D = 11/14 m, L = 140 m )
- Underground Power Houses ( No. 16 Francis Turbines, IP = 2'600 MW, H_net = 131 m )
- Bituminous Facing Rockfill Dam ( H = 44 m , L_crest = 1'300 m, V_reservoir = 170 Mm³ )
- Tailrace Tunnels ( No. 2, D= 14 m, L = 5.5 km )
- Headrace Canal ( W_bottom = 14 m; L = 0.7 km )
- Power Shaft ( D = 11/14 m, L = 120 m )
- Underground Power Houses ( No. 14 Francis Turbines, IP = 2'150 MW, H_net = 107 m )
Rumakali Hydropower (Tanzania)
Hydroelectric Power Plant, with IP = 525 MW, which the exploits of N° 5...
Rio Mannu Multi-Purpose Project (Italy)
Concrete gravity dam for water supply and irrigation to be constructed in two...
Rogun Hydropower (Tajikistan)
The Rogun Hydropower Plant, on the Vakhsh river...
Dire Dam (Ethiopia)
Earthfill dam with impermeable core for water supply to Addis Ababa and to...
Djoué Hydropower (Congo)
Djouè river hydroelettric plant (tributary of Congo).
Dankel Multi-Purpose Project (Eritrea)
Multi-purpose project (underground hydropower plant, water supply, etc.) for...
Uvini Hydropower (Italy)
Refurbishment of the Uvini hydropower plant.
Koysha Hydropower (Ethiopia)
Koysha (2’160 MW, under construction) is the...
Chespi Hydropower (Ecuador)
Chespi is the first hydroelectric project of the Guayllabamba cascade with an...