Kyoga Nile river - Uganda
Salini Costruttori S.p.A.
2008 - 2009
Description for Kyoga Nile Hydropower (Uganda)
Kamdini (Karuma) is the first plant of the Kyoga-Nile cascade.
Kibaa is the second plant of the cascade, located 43 km downstream of Kamdini (Karuma) hpp.
Murchison is the third plant of the Kyoga-Nile cascade, located 35 km downstream of Kibaa hpp.
- Bituminous Facing Rockfill Dam ( H = 30 m , L_crest = 480 m, V_reservoir = 68 Mm³ )
- Tunnels ( No. 2 River Diversion tunnels L = 0.5 km, D = 12 m; No. 2 Tailrace tunnels, D = 14 m, L = 4 km )
- Canals ( Headrace canal W_bottom =15 m, L = 5,7 km; Tailrace canal W =15 m, L = 2,5 km )
- Power Shaft ( D = 15/17 m, L = 80 m)
- Underground Power House (No. 10 Francis Turbines, IP = 1'260 MW, H_net = 64 m )
- Bituminous Facing Rockfill Dam ( H = 83 m , L_crest = 2'150 m, V_reservoir = 300 Mm³ )
- Tunnels ( No. 1 River Diversion tunnel, D= 14 m, L = 1 km; No. 2 Tailrace tunnels, L = 4.5 km, D = 14 m )
- Canals ( Headrace canala W_bottom = 14 m, L = 10 km; Tailrace canal W_bottom = 14 m, L = 2.0 km )
- Power Shaft ( D = 11/14 m, L = 140 m )
- Underground Power Houses ( No. 16 Francis Turbines, IP = 2'600 MW, H_net = 131 m )
- Bituminous Facing Rockfill Dam ( H = 44 m , L_crest = 1'300 m, V_reservoir = 170 Mm³ )
- Tailrace Tunnels ( No. 2, D= 14 m, L = 5.5 km )
- Headrace Canal ( W_bottom = 14 m; L = 0.7 km )
- Power Shaft ( D = 11/14 m, L = 120 m )
- Underground Power Houses ( No. 14 Francis Turbines, IP = 2'150 MW, H_net = 107 m )
Roma Est Sewage Plant (Italy)
Sewage treatment plant for domestic and industrial waste water.
Bagré Multi-Purpose Project (Burkina Faso)
The “Pôle de Croissance de Bagré”...
Gilgel Gibe Hydropower (Ethiopia)
The Gilgel Gibe hydropower plant is the first...
Lufubu Hydropower Cascade (Zambia)
The Lufubu hydropower cascade includes three plants (Lufubu 1, 2 and...
Kabwe Aqueduct (Zambia)
Kabwe urban water supply scheme.
Reservoir storage capacity: 12 Mm³.
Lower Diamphwe Multi-Purpose Project (Malawi)
This project includes the Lower Diamphwe Multipurpose Dam and associated...
Bumbuna Transmission line and Distribution system (Sierra Leone)
The Bumbuna Hydroelectric Project (BHP) is the...
Acerenza Dam (Italy)
Water storage plant for irrigation purposes with a reservoir capacity of 42...
Pontecosi Dam (Italy)
Pontecosi dam is a concrete gravity structure...