Kyoga Nile river - Uganda
Salini Costruttori S.p.A.
2008 - 2009
Description for Kyoga Nile Hydropower (Uganda)
Kamdini (Karuma) is the first plant of the Kyoga-Nile cascade.
Kibaa is the second plant of the cascade, located 43 km downstream of Kamdini (Karuma) hpp.
Murchison is the third plant of the Kyoga-Nile cascade, located 35 km downstream of Kibaa hpp.
- Bituminous Facing Rockfill Dam ( H = 30 m , L_crest = 480 m, V_reservoir = 68 Mm³ )
- Tunnels ( No. 2 River Diversion tunnels L = 0.5 km, D = 12 m; No. 2 Tailrace tunnels, D = 14 m, L = 4 km )
- Canals ( Headrace canal W_bottom =15 m, L = 5,7 km; Tailrace canal W =15 m, L = 2,5 km )
- Power Shaft ( D = 15/17 m, L = 80 m)
- Underground Power House (No. 10 Francis Turbines, IP = 1'260 MW, H_net = 64 m )
- Bituminous Facing Rockfill Dam ( H = 83 m , L_crest = 2'150 m, V_reservoir = 300 Mm³ )
- Tunnels ( No. 1 River Diversion tunnel, D= 14 m, L = 1 km; No. 2 Tailrace tunnels, L = 4.5 km, D = 14 m )
- Canals ( Headrace canala W_bottom = 14 m, L = 10 km; Tailrace canal W_bottom = 14 m, L = 2.0 km )
- Power Shaft ( D = 11/14 m, L = 140 m )
- Underground Power Houses ( No. 16 Francis Turbines, IP = 2'600 MW, H_net = 131 m )
- Bituminous Facing Rockfill Dam ( H = 44 m , L_crest = 1'300 m, V_reservoir = 170 Mm³ )
- Tailrace Tunnels ( No. 2, D= 14 m, L = 5.5 km )
- Headrace Canal ( W_bottom = 14 m; L = 0.7 km )
- Power Shaft ( D = 11/14 m, L = 120 m )
- Underground Power Houses ( No. 14 Francis Turbines, IP = 2'150 MW, H_net = 107 m )
Enguri Cascade Hydropower (Georgia)
ENGURI HPP Cascade envisages the construction of three hydropower plants on...
HV Transmission Lines (Tanzania)
This is a feasibility study and detailed design...
Dam Break Studies (Mauritius)
The assignment consists in the analysis of...
Nondvo Multi-purpose Project (Eswatini)
Nondvo multi-purpose dam provides potable water...
Anguilles Dam (Mauritius)
The scope of the project is to make use of the...
Lefkara Storage Plant (Cyprus)
Storage works for Famagusta urban water supply.
Chespi Hydropower (Ecuador)
Chespi is the first hydroelectric project of the Guayllabamba cascade with an...
Rio Mannu Multi-Purpose Project (Italy)
Concrete gravity dam for water supply and irrigation to be constructed in two...
Maccheronis Dam (Italy)
Reservoir capacity augmentation through the heightening of an existing...