Kyoga Nile river - Uganda
Salini Costruttori S.p.A.
2008 - 2009
Description for Kyoga Nile Hydropower (Uganda)
Kamdini (Karuma) is the first plant of the Kyoga-Nile cascade.
Kibaa is the second plant of the cascade, located 43 km downstream of Kamdini (Karuma) hpp.
Murchison is the third plant of the Kyoga-Nile cascade, located 35 km downstream of Kibaa hpp.
- Bituminous Facing Rockfill Dam ( H = 30 m , L_crest = 480 m, V_reservoir = 68 Mm³ )
- Tunnels ( No. 2 River Diversion tunnels L = 0.5 km, D = 12 m; No. 2 Tailrace tunnels, D = 14 m, L = 4 km )
- Canals ( Headrace canal W_bottom =15 m, L = 5,7 km; Tailrace canal W =15 m, L = 2,5 km )
- Power Shaft ( D = 15/17 m, L = 80 m)
- Underground Power House (No. 10 Francis Turbines, IP = 1'260 MW, H_net = 64 m )
- Bituminous Facing Rockfill Dam ( H = 83 m , L_crest = 2'150 m, V_reservoir = 300 Mm³ )
- Tunnels ( No. 1 River Diversion tunnel, D= 14 m, L = 1 km; No. 2 Tailrace tunnels, L = 4.5 km, D = 14 m )
- Canals ( Headrace canala W_bottom = 14 m, L = 10 km; Tailrace canal W_bottom = 14 m, L = 2.0 km )
- Power Shaft ( D = 11/14 m, L = 140 m )
- Underground Power Houses ( No. 16 Francis Turbines, IP = 2'600 MW, H_net = 131 m )
- Bituminous Facing Rockfill Dam ( H = 44 m , L_crest = 1'300 m, V_reservoir = 170 Mm³ )
- Tailrace Tunnels ( No. 2, D= 14 m, L = 5.5 km )
- Headrace Canal ( W_bottom = 14 m; L = 0.7 km )
- Power Shaft ( D = 11/14 m, L = 120 m )
- Underground Power Houses ( No. 14 Francis Turbines, IP = 2'150 MW, H_net = 107 m )
King Talal Hydropower (Jordan)
The assignment comprises the assessment of conditions of the existing plant...
HV Transmission Lines (Tanzania)
This is a feasibility study of high voltage...
Rumakali Hydropower (Tanzania)
Hydroelectric Power Plant, with IP = 525 MW, which the exploits of N° 5...
Lower Diamphwe Multi-Purpose Project (Malawi)
This project includes the Lower Diamphwe Multipurpose Dam and associated...
Tana Beles Multi-Purpose Project (Ethiopia)
The ambitious Tana Beles project was located in the Metekel district of...
Bagré Multi-purpose Project (Burkina Faso)
Bagré multipurpose scheme was built in 1993 and is located along Nakambé...
Little Beles Storage Plant (Ethiopia)
Reservoir for water supply with a storage capacity equal to 3.5 Mm³.
High Voltage Transmission System (GABON-CONGO)
The assignment, financed by European Union...
Maswa Aqueduct (Tanzania)
Maswa project including domestic water supply pipeline for the district...