Public Utilities Corporation (PUC)
2016 - in progress
Description for La Gogue Dam (Seychelles)
The aims of the assignment are the Design Review and the Supervision of Construction as FIDIC Engineer and Employer’s Representative for the rehabilitation and upgrade of the existing La Gogue dam and the construction of a new water treatment plant for the water supply scheme.
The concept for raising the La Gogue Dam to increase the storage capacity has been under discussion since 1990. Studio Pietrangeli contributed with its remarkable international experience to make it real.
The existing structure, completed in 1979, is a homogeneous earth fill dam with a maximum height of 35 m. The works include the raising of the dam embankment by 6 m with an artificial waterproofing system, which consist in a PVC membrane anchored in a trench excavated in the existing core.
The existing spillway includes a classical free flow sill and a smooth chute located on the right bank. The new optimized layout foresees a side spillway inlet with a channel, a stepped chute and a final stilling basin type II.
The intake tower is located in the left side of the reservoir and by means of a 2 m diameter tunnel crossing the embankment, discharge the water to the Hermitage Treatment Plan. The tower shall be raised in accordance to the new reservoir elevation, while the old footbridge shall be replaced by a new structure in order to ensure access to the intake.
The new water treatment plant, locate downstream the dam, has a capacity of 4’400 m3/day and consists of flocculation and sedimentation, sand filtration, ozone dosing for color and smell removal, and chlorination processes.
- La Gogue earthfill dam, raised of 6 m ( final dam H = 41 m, L crest = 200 m )
- Upgrading works for the drainage system, grouting screen, saddle grouting, etc.
- New side spillway ( L = 14 m, Q = 119 m3/s ) with stepped chute ( L = 150 m, w = 5 m ) and stilling basin
- Upgrade of intake tower, rehabilitated and raised of 6 m
- New Water Treatment Plant ( capacity of 4'400 m3/day ) serving the water supply scheme for 13'000 people
- Design review and upgrade
- Tender documents for Dam Raising (FIDIC Red Book) and Water Treatment (FIDIC Yellow Book)
- Assistance during bidding process
- Construction supervision as FIDIC Engineer and Employer’s Representative
- Supervision during commissioning
Lufubu Hydropower Cascade (Zambia)
The Lufubu hydropower cascade includes three...
Grand Anse Dam (Seychelles)
The water demand in Seychelles is continuously...
Tana Beles Multi-Purpose Project (Ethiopia)
The ambitious Tana Beles project was located in the Metekel district of...
Roma Est Sewage Plant (Italy)
Sewage treatment plant for domestic and industrial waste water.
King Talal Hydropower (Jordan)
The project is aimed at the careful use of water...
La Gogue Dam (Seychelles)
The aims of the assignment are the Design Review...
Bosa Multi-purpose Project (Italy)
The Monte Crispu arch-gravity dam was realized...
Kabwe Aqueduct (Zambia)
Kabwe urban water supply scheme.
Reservoir storage capacity: 12 Mm³.
Busalletta Dam (Italy)
Dam built to provide a reservoir for the urban water supply of Genoa.