Addis Ababa - Ethiopia
Salini Costruttori S.p.a.
1964 - 1970
Description for Legadadi Dam (Ethiopia)
Addis Ababa urban water supply scheme with a storage capacity of 40 Mm3.
- Main Dam with Concrete Buttress ( H = 44 m, L_crest = 410 m, V_concrete = 0.11 Mm³ )
- Secondary Dam with Rockfill with bituminous facing ( H = 25 m, L_crest = 600 m, V_embankment = 0.21 Mm³ )
- Water Treatment Plant ( V_design = 50'000 m³/day )
- Steel Pipeline ( Φ 900 mm, L = 24 km )
- Reinforced Concrete Storage Tank ( V = 20'000 m³ )
- Spillway ( Q_max des = 1'250 m³/s )
- Intake and Outlet Works
- Ancillary Works
- Water supply scheme Feasibility study
- Supervision and interpretation of geological and geotechnical site investigations
- Preliminary Design
- Contract Design
- Detailed Final Design and Construction Drawings
- Supervision of Construction on behalf of Contractor
Mulembo-Lelya Hydropower (Zambia)
Mulembo-Lelya is a hydropower project located...
Gilgel Gibe Hydropower (Ethiopia)
Hydroelectric power plant (IP = 200 MW) including rockfill dam, underground...
Kabuyanda Multi-Purpose Project (Uganda)
Kabuyanda is a multipurpose dam envisaged for agriculture (paddy rice and...
Arcichiaro Multi-purpose Project (Italy)
Rockfill dam with bituminous facing (BFRd) with a reservoir for irrigation,...
Rumakali Hydropower (Tanzania)
Hydroelectric Power Plant, with IP = 525 MW, which the exploits of N° 5...
Kakono Hydropower (Tanzania)
Kakono will be a Hydropower Plant located on the...
Lower Diamphwe Multi-Purpose Project (Malawi)
This project includes the Lower Diamphwe Multipurpose Dam and associated...
Batoka Gorge Hydropower (Zambia/Zimbabwe)
The prestigious project of Batoka Gorge, with...
Dire Dam (Ethiopia)
Earthfill dam with impermeable core for water supply to Addis Ababa and to...