Lilongwe - Malawi
Ministry of Water Development and Irrigation
2013 - 2016
Description for Lower Diamphwe (Malawi)
This project includes the Lower Diamphwe Multipurpose Dam and associated structures for supply of water to Lilongwe and the surrounding areas.
- RCC Dam (H = 25 m, L = 960 m, V = 150'000 m³)
- Spillway (L = 170 m, Q = 1.800 - 3.500 m³/s)
- Water supply intake ( H x W = 1.4 x 1.4 m)
- Irrigation intake (H x W = 0.8 x 0.8 m)
- Pipeline (L = 80 km, D = 500 – 1'100 mm)
- Irrigation Scheme (A = 1,000 Ha)
Little Beles (Ethiopia)
Reservoir for water supply with a storage capacity equal to 3.5 Mm³.
Djouè river hydroelettric plant (tributary of Congo).
Water storage for irrigation, capacity 58 Mm³.
Santu Miali (Italy)
Refurbishment of the Santu Miali hydropower plant
Lusaka project including domestic water supply pipeline for the city of...
Addis Ababa urban water supply scheme with a storage capacity of 40 Mm3.
Refurbishment of the Uvini hydropower plant.
Gibe II (Ethiopia)
Gibe II is the second stage of the Gibe-Omo hydroelectric cascade which...
Koysha is the fourth plant of the Omo river cascade (IPtot = 4600 MW),...