Lilongwe - Malawi
Ministry of Water Development and Irrigation
2013 - 2016
Description for Lower Diamphwe Multi-Purpose Project (Malawi)
This project includes the Lower Diamphwe Multipurpose Dam and associated structures for supply of water to Lilongwe and the surrounding areas.
- RCC Dam ( H = 25 m, L = 960 m, V = 150'000 m³ )
- Spillway ( L = 170 m, Q = 1.800 - 3.500 m³/s )
- Water supply intake ( H x W = 1.4 x 1.4 m )
- Irrigation intake ( H x W = 0.8 x 0.8 m )
- Pipeline ( L = 80 km, D = 500 - 1'100 mm )
- Irrigation Scheme ( A = 1'000 Ha )
Lufubu Hydropower Cascade (Zambia)
The Lufubu hydropower cascade includes three...
Snowy 2 Pumped Hydro Electric Scheme (Australia)
The project is a pumped hydro plant in Australia...
Alto Temo Dam (Italy)
Alto Temo is a hollow gravity dam located in the...
Lefkara Storage Plant (Cyprus)
Storage works for Famagusta urban water supply.
Casteddu Irrigation Project (Italy)
Three-dam projects for irrigation purposes.
Hydropower Projects (Ghana)
The scope of the assignment, commissioned by...
Kabwe Aqueduct (Zambia)
Kabwe urban water supply scheme.
Reservoir storage capacity: 12 Mm³.
Kikonge Multi-Purpose Project (Tanzania)
Kikonge is a multipurpose project foreseen for...
HV Transmission Lines (Tanzania)
This is a feasibility study and detailed design...