District of Maswa - Tanzania
Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, General Directorate for Co-operation to Development - D.G.C.S.
1989 - 1994
Description for Maswa Aqueduct (Tanzania)
Maswa project including domestic water supply pipeline for the district of Maswa for: Population (year 2006 - 79'000 inhab.), Pro-capite water supply (250 l/per.day), irrigation requirements (50 m3/Ha.day).
- Rehabilitation of New Sola Dam ( V_reservoir = 4.2 Mm³ )
- Pumping Station ( dam-treatment plant - No. 4 Pumps, Q = 120-90 l/s each, H = 20 m )
- Drinking water treatment plant ( Q = 5'800 m³/day )
- Pumping Station ( treatment plant-users ):
- No. 2 High head pumps 160 m
- Daytime Q = 50 l/s each; T = 16 h/d, No. 9
- Nightime Q = 20 l/s each; T=8 h/d, No. 2
- Low level pumps 60 m
- Daytime Q = 21-30 l/s each; T=16 h/d, No. 9
- Nightime Q = 2 l/s each; T = 8 h/d, No. 6
- Power Station:
- Daytime generator 1000 kVA; 415 V
- Nightime generator 120 kVA; 415 V
- Water Supply GRP pipeline ( L = 68 km, D = 100÷400 mm )
- Raised water tank ( No. 11, V = 15÷80 m³ )
Acerenza Dam (Italy)
Water storage plant for irrigation purposes with a reservoir capacity of 42...
Rogun Hydropower (Tajikistan)
The Rogun Hydropower Plant, on the Vakhsh river...
Bumbuna Hydropower (Sierra Leone)
The Bumbuna Hydroelectric Project (BHP) is the...
Dankel Multi-Purpose Project (Eritrea)
Multi-purpose project (underground hydropower plant, water supply, etc.) for...
Plaine Hollandaise Dam ( Seychelles )
The project is aimed at increasing the drinking...
Djoué Hydropower (Congo)
Djouè river hydroelettric plant (tributary of Congo).
Gibe V Multi-Purpose Project (Ethiopia)
The Gibe V (660 MW) multipurpose project is the...
Muchinga Hydropower (Zambia)
Hydroelectric plant (IP = 255 MW) on the Lunsemfwa river downstream of the...
Casteddu Irrigation Project (Italy)
Three-dam projects for irrigation purposes.