District of Maswa - Tanzania
Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, General Directorate for Co-operation to Development - D.G.C.S.
1989 - 1994
Description for Maswa Aqueduct (Tanzania)
Maswa project including domestic water supply pipeline for the district of Maswa for: Population (year 2006 - 79'000 inhab.), Pro-capite water supply (250 l/per.day), irrigation requirements (50 m3/Ha.day).
- Rehabilitation of New Sola Dam ( V_reservoir = 4.2 Mm³ )
- Pumping Station ( dam-treatment plant - No. 4 Pumps, Q = 120-90 l/s each, H = 20 m )
- Drinking water treatment plant ( Q = 5'800 m³/day )
- Pumping Station ( treatment plant-users ):
- No. 2 High head pumps 160 m
- Daytime Q = 50 l/s each; T = 16 h/d, No. 9
- Nightime Q = 20 l/s each; T=8 h/d, No. 2
- Low level pumps 60 m
- Daytime Q = 21-30 l/s each; T=16 h/d, No. 9
- Nightime Q = 2 l/s each; T = 8 h/d, No. 6
- Power Station:
- Daytime generator 1000 kVA; 415 V
- Nightime generator 120 kVA; 415 V
- Water Supply GRP pipeline ( L = 68 km, D = 100÷400 mm )
- Raised water tank ( No. 11, V = 15÷80 m³ )
Gibe II Hydropower Plant (Ethiopia)
Gibe II hydropower plant is the second stage of...
Dire Dam (Ethiopia)
Earthfill dam with impermeable core for water supply to Addis Ababa and to...
Millennium Park Multi-Purpose Project (Nigeria)
Design of hydraulic works, water supply and irrigation system, reservoir and...
Koysha Hydropower (Ethiopia)
Koysha (2’160 MW, under construction) is the...
Rio Mannu Multi-Purpose Project (Italy)
Concrete gravity dam for water supply and irrigation to be constructed in two...
Rwanda HV Transmission Lines (Rwanda)
The scope of the High Voltage Transmission Lines...
Kidunda Multi-Purpose Project (Tanzania)
Bituminous face rockfill dam for irrigation, water supply and hydropower...
Lufubu Hydropower Cascade (Zambia)
The Lufubu hydropower cascade includes three plants (Lufubu 1, 2 and...
Tana Beles Multi-Purpose Project (Ethiopia)
The ambitious Tana Beles project was located in the Metekel district of...