District of Maswa - Tanzania
Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, General Directorate for Co-operation to Development - D.G.C.S.
1989 - 1994
Description for Maswa Aqueduct (Tanzania)
Maswa project including domestic water supply pipeline for the district of Maswa for: Population (year 2006 - 79'000 inhab.), Pro-capite water supply (250 l/per.day), irrigation requirements (50 m3/Ha.day).
- Rehabilitation of New Sola Dam ( V_reservoir = 4.2 Mm³ )
- Pumping Station ( dam-treatment plant - No. 4 Pumps, Q = 120-90 l/s each, H = 20 m )
- Drinking water treatment plant ( Q = 5'800 m³/day )
- Pumping Station ( treatment plant-users ):
- No. 2 High head pumps 160 m
- Daytime Q = 50 l/s each; T = 16 h/d, No. 9
- Nightime Q = 20 l/s each; T=8 h/d, No. 2
- Low level pumps 60 m
- Daytime Q = 21-30 l/s each; T=16 h/d, No. 9
- Nightime Q = 2 l/s each; T = 8 h/d, No. 6
- Power Station:
- Daytime generator 1000 kVA; 415 V
- Nightime generator 120 kVA; 415 V
- Water Supply GRP pipeline ( L = 68 km, D = 100÷400 mm )
- Raised water tank ( No. 11, V = 15÷80 m³ )
Gilgel Gibe Hydropower (Ethiopia)
The Gilgel Gibe hydropower plant is the first...
Kabwe Aqueduct (Zambia)
Kabwe urban water supply scheme.
Reservoir storage capacity: 12 Mm³.
Montedoglio Dam (Italy)
Montedoglio dam has suffered some damages at the...
Grand Anse Dam (Seychelles)
The water demand in Seychelles is continuously...
Maswa Aqueduct (Tanzania)
Maswa project including domestic water supply pipeline for the district...
Arcichiaro Multi-purpose Project (Italy)
Rockfill dam with bituminous facing (BFRd) with a reservoir for irrigation,...
Thwake Multi-purpose Dam (Kenya)
Thwake is a multi-purpose dam designed to...
Chespi Hydropower (Ecuador)
Chespi is the first hydroelectric project of the Guayllabamba cascade with an...
Bumbuna Transmission line and Distribution system (Sierra Leone)
The Bumbuna Hydroelectric Project (BHP) is the...