District of Maswa - Tanzania
Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, General Directorate for Co-operation to Development - D.G.C.S.
1989 - 1994
Description for Maswa Aqueduct (Tanzania)
Maswa project including domestic water supply pipeline for the district of Maswa for: Population (year 2006 - 79'000 inhab.), Pro-capite water supply (250 l/per.day), irrigation requirements (50 m3/Ha.day).
- Rehabilitation of New Sola Dam ( V_reservoir = 4.2 Mm³ )
- Pumping Station ( dam-treatment plant - No. 4 Pumps, Q = 120-90 l/s each, H = 20 m )
- Drinking water treatment plant ( Q = 5'800 m³/day )
- Pumping Station ( treatment plant-users ):
- No. 2 High head pumps 160 m
- Daytime Q = 50 l/s each; T = 16 h/d, No. 9
- Nightime Q = 20 l/s each; T=8 h/d, No. 2
- Low level pumps 60 m
- Daytime Q = 21-30 l/s each; T=16 h/d, No. 9
- Nightime Q = 2 l/s each; T = 8 h/d, No. 6
- Power Station:
- Daytime generator 1000 kVA; 415 V
- Nightime generator 120 kVA; 415 V
- Water Supply GRP pipeline ( L = 68 km, D = 100÷400 mm )
- Raised water tank ( No. 11, V = 15÷80 m³ )
Carpat Pumped Storage Plant (Romania)
Pumped storage plant with an installed power of 300 MW.
Uribante Doradas Hydropower (Venezuela)
Hydroelectric project with IP = 300 MW.
Rio Grande Hydropower (Argentina)
Hydroelectric Plant with Pumped Station.
Ruzizi Transmission Lines (Africa)
Studio Pietrangeli is a consultancy firm specialized in transmission lines...
King Talal Hydropower (Jordan)
The project is aimed at the careful use of water...
Maccheronis Dam (Italy)
Reservoir capacity augmentation through the heightening of an existing...
Rio Mannu Multi-Purpose Project (Italy)
Concrete gravity dam for water supply and irrigation to be constructed in two...
Muchinga Hydropower (Zambia)
Hydroelectric plant (IP = 255 MW) on the Lunsemfwa river downstream of the...
Dabus Hydropower (Ethiopia)
Dabus HPP cascade is located on the Dabus river, a north-flowing tributary of...