District of Maswa - Tanzania
Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, General Directorate for Co-operation to Development - D.G.C.S.
1989 - 1994
Description for Maswa Aqueduct (Tanzania)
Maswa project including domestic water supply pipeline for the district of Maswa for: Population (year 2006 - 79'000 inhab.), Pro-capite water supply (250 l/per.day), irrigation requirements (50 m3/Ha.day).
- Rehabilitation of New Sola Dam ( V_reservoir = 4.2 Mm³ )
- Pumping Station ( dam-treatment plant - No. 4 Pumps, Q = 120-90 l/s each, H = 20 m )
- Drinking water treatment plant ( Q = 5'800 m³/day )
- Pumping Station ( treatment plant-users ):
- No. 2 High head pumps 160 m
- Daytime Q = 50 l/s each; T = 16 h/d, No. 9
- Nightime Q = 20 l/s each; T=8 h/d, No. 2
- Low level pumps 60 m
- Daytime Q = 21-30 l/s each; T=16 h/d, No. 9
- Nightime Q = 2 l/s each; T = 8 h/d, No. 6
- Power Station:
- Daytime generator 1000 kVA; 415 V
- Nightime generator 120 kVA; 415 V
- Water Supply GRP pipeline ( L = 68 km, D = 100÷400 mm )
- Raised water tank ( No. 11, V = 15÷80 m³ )
Muchinga Hydropower (Zambia)
Hydroelectric plant (IP = 255 MW) on the Lunsemfwa river downstream of the...
San Lorenzo Hydropower (Italy)
San Lorenzo (Sestu) is a small hydroelectric plant to supply the water...
Gibe II Hydropower Plant (Ethiopia)
Gibe II hydropower plant is the second stage of...
Arda Cascade (Bulgaria)
Hydropower cascade including the existing plants of Karjali (IP = 106 MW),...
Uvini Hydropower (Italy)
Refurbishment of the Uvini hydropower plant.
Arcichiaro Multi-purpose Project (Italy)
Rockfill dam with bituminous facing (BFRd) with a reservoir for irrigation,...
Dabus Hydropower (Ethiopia)
Dabus HPP cascade is located on the Dabus river, a north-flowing tributary of...
Bagré Multi-purpose Project (Burkina Faso)
Bagré multipurpose scheme was built in 1993 and is located along Nakambé...
Alto Temo Dam (Italy)
Alto Temo is a hollow gravity dam located in the...