Kabwe - Zambia
Muchinga Power Company Ltd
2010 - 2012
Description for Muchinga Hydropower (Zambia)
Hydroelectric plant (IP = 255 MW) on the Lunsemfwa river downstream of the Mita Hill dam and of the Lunsemfwa hydroelectric plant
- Headrace channel ( L = 9 km, Qmax = 40 m³/s )
- Headrace tunnel ( No. 2, Total L = 17 km, D = 5 m )
- Mkushi dam (Arc type, H = 120 m, Lcrest= 350 m )
- Surge shaft ( H = 60 m, D = 12 m )
- Penstocks ( No. 3, D = 2.2 m, L = 1’000 m )
- Surface Power House ( No. 3 Pelton turbines, IP = 3 x 85 MW )
Millennium Park Multi-Purpose Project (Nigeria)
Design of hydraulic works, water supply and irrigation system, reservoir and...
Namakhvani Hydropower (Georgia)
Namakhvani hydropower cascade, envisages the...
Anguilles Dam (Mauritius)
The scope of the project is to make use of the...
Grand Ethiopian Renaissance Dam (Ethiopia)
The Grand Ethiopian Renaissance dam project is a...
Genzano Storage Plant (Italy)
Water storage for irrigation, capacity 58 Mm³.
Kalivac Hydropower (Albania)
Kalivac Hydropower Plant has 108 MW of installed power.
Alto Temo Dam (Italy)
Alto Temo is a hollow gravity dam located in the...
Lower Diamphwe Multi-Purpose Project (Malawi)
This project includes the Lower Diamphwe Multipurpose Dam and associated...
Kikonge Multi-Purpose Project (Tanzania)
Kikonge is a multipurpose project foreseen for...