Kabwe - Zambia
Muchinga Power Company Ltd
2010 - 2012
Description for Muchinga Hydropower (Zambia)
Hydroelectric plant (IP = 255 MW) on the Lunsemfwa river downstream of the Mita Hill dam and of the Lunsemfwa hydroelectric plant
- Headrace channel ( L = 9 km, Qmax = 40 m³/s )
- Headrace tunnel ( No. 2, Total L = 17 km, D = 5 m )
- Mkushi dam (Arc type, H = 120 m, Lcrest= 350 m )
- Surge shaft ( H = 60 m, D = 12 m )
- Penstocks ( No. 3, D = 2.2 m, L = 1’000 m )
- Surface Power House ( No. 3 Pelton turbines, IP = 3 x 85 MW )
Montedoglio Dam (Italy)
Montedoglio dam has suffered some damages at the...
Dire Dam (Ethiopia)
Earthfill dam with impermeable core for water supply to Addis Ababa and to...
Beles Multi-purpose Project (Ethiopia)
Multi-purpose project on Lake Tana, including hydropower plant and irrigation...
Hydropower Projects (Jamaica)
The scopes of the assignment, commissioned by...
Santu Miali Hydropower (Italy)
Refurbishment of the Santu Miali hydropower plant
Dam Break Studies (Mauritius)
The assignment consists in the analysis of...
Qaliwana Hydropower (Fiji)
This is the first Studio Pietrangeli’s project...
Kamuzu I Dam (Malawi)
The scope of the assignment is the raising,...
Bwari Aqueduct (Nigeria)
Water supply system for the district of Abuja, including pipelines, pumping...