Kabwe - Zambia
Muchinga Power Company Ltd
2010 - 2012
Description for Muchinga Hydropower (Zambia)
Hydroelectric plant (IP = 255 MW) on the Lunsemfwa river downstream of the Mita Hill dam and of the Lunsemfwa hydroelectric plant
- Headrace channel ( L = 9 km, Qmax = 40 m³/s )
- Headrace tunnel ( No. 2, Total L = 17 km, D = 5 m )
- Mkushi dam (Arc type, H = 120 m, Lcrest= 350 m )
- Surge shaft ( H = 60 m, D = 12 m )
- Penstocks ( No. 3, D = 2.2 m, L = 1’000 m )
- Surface Power House ( No. 3 Pelton turbines, IP = 3 x 85 MW )
Genzano Storage Plant (Italy)
Water storage for irrigation, capacity 58 Mm³.
Kikonge Multi-Purpose Project (Tanzania)
Kikonge is a multipurpose project foreseen for...
Kakono Hydropower (Tanzania)
Kakono will be a Hydropower Plant located on the...
Thwake Multi-purpose Dam (Kenya)
Thwake is a multi-purpose dam designed to...
Bumbuna Hydropower (Sierra Leone)
The Bumbuna Hydroelectric Project (BHP) is the...
La Gogue Dam (Seychelles)
The aims of the assignment are the Design Review...
Limonlu Hydropower (Turkey)
Limonlu HPP comprises 4 power plants in cascade to be constructed in 2 phases...
Batoka Transmission System (Zambia/Zimbabwe)
The Batoka Gorge Hydroelectric Scheme (BGHES)...
Simbirizzi Hydropower (Italy)
Simbirizzi (Settimo S. Pietro) is a small hydroelectric plant to supply the...