Ministry of Natural Resources & Energy (Department of Water Affairs)
2016 - in progress
Description for Nondvo Multi-purpose Project (Swaziland)
The main purposes of Mbabane - Manzini project are:
- provide potable water to the two cities of Mbabane and Manzini, but in the limits established by the Tripartite Agreement signed with South Africa and Mozambique;
- increase downstream irrigation;
- increase hydropower generation at Edwaleni and Magaduza hydropower stations;
- augment the urban raw water supply for Matsapha/Manzini;
- exploit the available Nondvo dam head for hydropower generation.
- RCC Gravity Dam ( H = 36 m, L = 300 m )
- Reservoir ( V = 22 Mm3 )
- Powerhouse ( Francis Turbines, IP = 132 kW, Q = 0.5 m3/s, Eavg = 1 GWh/y )
- Irrigation Area ( approx. 800 ha )
- Water Supply ( approx. 400'000 population )
Arda Cascade (Bulgaria)
Hydropower cascade including the existing plants of Karjali (IP = 106 MW),...
Kamuzu I (Malawi)
The scope of the assignment is the raising,...
Millennium Park (Nigeria)
Design of hydraulic works, water supply and irrigation system, reservoir and...
Reservoir capacity augmentation through the heightening of an existing...
Enguri Cascade (Georgia)
ENGURI HPP Cascade envisages the construction of three hydropower plants on...
Rio Grande Hydropower (Argentina)
Hydroelectric Plant with Pumped Station.
Batoka Gorge Hydropower (Zambia/Zimbabwe)
The prestigious project of Batoka Gorge, with...
Chespi is the first hydroelectric project of the Guayllabamba cascade with an...
Gibe V Multi-purpose Project (Ethiopia)
Gibe V is the fifth stage of the Gibe-Omo hydroelectric cascade which...