Cordoba - Argentina
Panedile Argentina S.A.I.C.F. e I., Società Italiana per Condotte d'Acqua S.p.A. - Rome
1973 - 1985
Description for Rio Grande Hydropower (Argentina)
Hydroelectric Plant with Pumped Station.
- IP = 750 MW, max gross head = 204 m, Qt = 500 m³/s, Qp = 312 m³/s
- Main dam: zoned earth fill with impervious central core (H = 104 m, Crest L = 410 m, V = 3.6 Mm³)
- Saddle dam - zoned earth fill with impervious core (H = 50 m, Crest L = 1.475 m, V = 1.6 Mm³)
- Underground power house (L = 105 m, Width 25 m, H = 47 m, N° 4 Francis turbine/pump reversible units - 187.5 MW each)
- Surge shaft (H = 62 m, A = 1,012 m²)
- Tailrace tunnel - and headrace for storage pumping (L = 5,315 m, A = 200.60 m²)
- Access tunnel to underground power station (L = 1,800 m)
- Spillway (Q = 2,100 m³/s)
- Intake works and penstocks
- General consultancy and supervision of the entire scheme with full technical responsibilities and approval of all the projects, supervision of construction, special studies
- Construction design of all works excluding : embankments (Panedile Argentina), hydraulic equipment (Allis Chalmers), electrical equipment (Brown Boveri), mechanical equipment (IMPSA)
Plaine Hollandaise Dam ( Seychelles )
The project is aimed at increasing the drinking...
Rumakali Hydropower (Tanzania)
Hydroelectric Power Plant, with IP = 525 MW, which the exploits of N° 5...
Lefkara Storage Plant (Cyprus)
Storage works for Famagusta urban water supply.
Muchinga Hydropower (Zambia)
Hydroelectric plant (IP = 255 MW) on the Lunsemfwa river downstream of the...
Rio Mannu Multi-Purpose Project (Italy)
Concrete gravity dam for water supply and irrigation to be constructed in two...
Dire Dam (Ethiopia)
Earthfill dam with impermeable core for water supply to Addis Ababa and to...
Kabuyanda Multi-Purpose Project (Uganda)
Kabuyanda is a multipurpose dam envisaged for agriculture (paddy rice and...
Grand Ethiopian Renaissance Dam (Ethiopia)
The Grand Ethiopian Renaissance dam project is a...
San Lorenzo Hydropower (Italy)
San Lorenzo (Sestu) is a small hydroelectric plant to supply the water...