Iringa - Tanzania
Zarubezhstroy Ojsc (Beneficiary: Tanzania, Ministry of Energy and Minerals)
2011 - in progress
Description for Rumakali Hydropower (Tanzania)
Hydroelectric Power Plant, with IP = 525 MW, which the exploits of N° 5 catchment areas, providing a total of Q = 23 m³/s and a geodetic head of 1,423 m.
- Rumakali Dam ( Rockfill dam, H = 93 m, L = 800 m )
- North Site main Dam ( Rockfill dam, H=71 m )
- East Site main Dam ( Rockfill dam, H= 140 m )
- Free-Flow Spillway ( Rumakali dam, Q = 350 m³/s )
- Power Waterways ( Rumakali Head Race Canal L = 4.5 km, West Site Canal L = 3.8 km, East Site Pipe Line HP L= 2,4 km )
- Open Air Pumping Station ( Q = 19.5 m³/s )
- Power House ( Underground, 90 x 23 x 44 m, Head = 1,423 m, Q = 41 m³/s, N°4 Turbines Pelton )
- Transmission line ( V = 220 kV, L = 94 km )
Maccheronis Dam (Italy)
Reservoir capacity augmentation through the heightening of an existing...
Enguri Cascade Hydropower (Georgia)
ENGURI HPP Cascade envisages the construction of three hydropower plants on...
Lufubu Hydropower Cascade (Zambia)
The Lufubu hydropower cascade includes three...
Malagarasi Hydropower (Tanzania)
Malagarasi HPP will be a run-of-the river...
Ruzizi's Transmission System (Africa)
The Ruzizi Transmission System's project was...
Grand Anse Dam (Seychelles)
The water demand in Seychelles is continuously...
King Talal Hydropower (Jordan)
The project is aimed at the careful use of water...
Pontecosi Dam (Italy)
Pontecosi dam is a concrete gravity structure...
Kikonge Multi-Purpose Project (Tanzania)
Kikonge is a multipurpose project foreseen for...