Iringa - Tanzania
Zarubezhstroy Ojsc (Beneficiary: Tanzania, Ministry of Energy and Minerals)
2011 - in progress
Description for Rumakali Hydropower (Tanzania)
Hydroelectric Power Plant, with IP = 525 MW, which the exploits of N° 5 catchment areas, providing a total of Q = 23 m³/s and a geodetic head of 1,423 m.
- Rumakali Dam ( Rockfill dam, H = 93 m, L = 800 m )
- North Site main Dam ( Rockfill dam, H=71 m )
- East Site main Dam ( Rockfill dam, H= 140 m )
- Free-Flow Spillway ( Rumakali dam, Q = 350 m³/s )
- Power Waterways ( Rumakali Head Race Canal L = 4.5 km, West Site Canal L = 3.8 km, East Site Pipe Line HP L= 2,4 km )
- Open Air Pumping Station ( Q = 19.5 m³/s )
- Power House ( Underground, 90 x 23 x 44 m, Head = 1,423 m, Q = 41 m³/s, N°4 Turbines Pelton )
- Transmission line ( V = 220 kV, L = 94 km )
Legadadi Dam (Ethiopia)
The purpose of the reservoir is to regulate the...
Malagarasi Hydropower (Tanzania)
Malagarasi HPP will be a run-of-the river...
Tana Beles Multi-Purpose Project (Ethiopia)
The ambitious Tana Beles project was located in the Metekel district of...
Vranduk Hydropower (Bosnia and Herzegovina)
Vranduk project consists in a run off river power plant with an installed...
Kikonge Multi-Purpose Project (Tanzania)
Kikonge is a multipurpose project foreseen for...
King Talal Hydropower (Jordan)
The project is aimed at the careful use of water...
Arda Cascade (Bulgaria)
Hydropower cascade including the existing plants of Karjali (IP = 106 MW),...
Bumbuna Hydropower (Sierra Leone)
The Bumbuna Hydroelectric Project (BHP) is the...
Dire Dam (Ethiopia)
Earthfill dam with impermeable core for water supply to Addis Ababa and to...