Iringa - Tanzania
Zarubezhstroy Ojsc (Beneficiary: Tanzania, Ministry of Energy and Minerals)
2011 - in progress
Description for Rumakali (Tanzania)
Hydroelectric Power Plant, with IP = 525 MW, which the exploits of N° 5 catchment areas, providing a total of Q = 23 m³/s and a geodetic head of 1,423 m.
- Rumakali Dam (Rockfill dam, H = 93 m, L = 800 m)
- North Site main Dam (Rockfill dam, H=71 m)
- East Site main Dam (Rockfill dam, H= 140 m)
- Free-Flow Spillway (Rumakali dam, Q = 350 m³/s)
- Power Waterways (Rumakali Head Race Canal L = 4.5 km, West Site Canal L = 3.8 km, East Site Pipe Line HP L= 2,4 km)
- Open Air Pumping Station (Q = 19.5 m³/s)
- Power House (Underground, 90 x 23 x 44 m, Head = 1,423 m, Q = 41 m³/s, N°4 Turbines Pelton)
- Transmission line (V = 220 kV, L = 94 km)
Little Beles (Ethiopia)
Reservoir for water supply with a storage capacity equal to 3.5 Mm³.
Enguri Cascade (Georgia)
ENGURI HPP Cascade envisages the construction of three hydropower plants on...
Tana Beles (Ethiopia)
The ambitious Tana Beles project was located in the Metekel district of...
PHASE 1: Achievement of a reservoir for flood control of the Temo...
Dabus HPP cascade is located on the Dabus river, a north-flowing tributary of...
Lufubu Cascade (Zambia)
LUFUBU HPP Cascade envisages the construction of three hydropower plants on...
Grand Ethiopian Renassaince Dam
This majestic project, born of the vision and...
Montedoglio dam has suffered some damages at the spillway and dam body due to...
Gibe II (Ethiopia)
Gibe II is the second stage of the Gibe-Omo hydroelectric cascade which...