CEPEGL Region - Burundi - Rwanda - Democratic Republic of Congo
Organisation de la CEPGL pour l’Énergie des Pays des Grands Lacs (EGL)
2012 - 2013
Description for Ruzizi Transmission Lines
Studio Pietrangeli is a consultancy firm specialized in transmission lines design. We have designed Ruzizi Transmission System in Burundi, RDC and Rwanda.
The main components of the project are: the Kamanyola Electrical Substation, the National Load Dispatching Centre, the Cascade Coordination Centre of the Ruzizi River, Transmission Lines (220 kV) and the Rehabilitation of Ruzizi I and Ruzizi II HPPs.
KAMANYOLA ELECTRICAL SUBSTATION 220 kV (DRC):
- Bays: No. 21 x 220 kV
- System Configuration Layout: Double bus bar
- Dimensions: 280 m x 120 m
KAMANYOLA NATIONAL LOAD DISPATCHING CENTRE
RUZIZI HYDROPOWER CASCADE COORDINATION CENTRE
- TL from Kamanyola to Kibuye: L = 90 km, 220 kV
- TL from Ruzizi III to Kamanyola: L = 10 Km, 220 kV
- Optical Fiber Ground Wire
RUZIZI HPPs REHABILITATION:
- Ruzizi I Gravity Dam: H = 15 m, L = 195 m, No. 4 Kaplan Turbines, IP=29.8 MW
- Ruzizi II Gravity Dam: H = 14 m, L = 85 m, No. 3 Francis Turbines, IP=44MW
KAMANYOLA ELECTRICAL SUBSTATION, TRANSMISSION LINES, LOAD DISPATCHING CENTRE AND COORDINATION CENTRE OF THE RUZIZI RIVER:
- Feasibility Study
- Electric network static and transient stability analysis
- Final Design
- Tender Documents
- Environmental and Social Impact Assessment
- Investigation (Boreholes, Bathymetry, Concrete Coring, Laboratory Tests)
- Emergency Preparedness Plan
- Design and studies of the rehabilitation works
Dabus HPP cascade is located on the Dabus river, a north-flowing tributary of...
Gibe III (Ethiopia)
The design of this record breaking 250 m high...
Alto Temo (Italy)
Water storage plant for irrigation purposes with a capacity of 90 Mm³
Kalivac Hydropower Plant has 108 MW of installed power.
Rio Mannu (Italy)
Concrete gravity dam for water supply and irrigation to be constructed in two...
Limonlu HPP comprises 4 power plants in cascade to be constructed in 2 phases...
Addis Ababa urban water supply scheme with a storage capacity of 40 Mm3.
Vranduk (Bosnia and Herzegovina)
Vranduk project consists in a run off river power plant with an installed...
Lufubu Cascade (Zambia)
LUFUBU HPP Cascade envisages the construction of three hydropower plants on...