CEPEGL Region - Burundi - Rwanda - Democratic Republic of Congo
Organisation de la CEPGL pour l’Énergie des Pays des Grands Lacs (EGL)
2012 - 2013
Description for Ruzizi Transmission Lines
Studio Pietrangeli is a consultancy firm specialized in transmission lines design. We have designed Ruzizi Transmission System in Burundi, RDC and Rwanda.
The main components of the project are: the Kamanyola Electrical Substation, the National Load Dispatching Centre, the Cascade Coordination Centre of the Ruzizi River, Transmission Lines (220 kV) and the Rehabilitation of Ruzizi I and Ruzizi II HPPs.
KAMANYOLA ELECTRICAL SUBSTATION 220 kV (DRC):
- Bays: No. 21 x 220 kV
- System Configuration Layout: Double bus bar
- Dimensions: 280 m x 120 m
KAMANYOLA NATIONAL LOAD DISPATCHING CENTRE
RUZIZI HYDROPOWER CASCADE COORDINATION CENTRE
- TL from Kamanyola to Kibuye: L = 90 km, 220 kV
- TL from Ruzizi III to Kamanyola: L = 10 Km, 220 kV
- Optical Fiber Ground Wire
RUZIZI HPPs REHABILITATION:
- Ruzizi I Gravity Dam: H = 15 m, L = 195 m, No. 4 Kaplan Turbines, IP=29.8 MW
- Ruzizi II Gravity Dam: H = 14 m, L = 85 m, No. 3 Francis Turbines, IP=44MW
KAMANYOLA ELECTRICAL SUBSTATION, TRANSMISSION LINES, LOAD DISPATCHING CENTRE AND COORDINATION CENTRE OF THE RUZIZI RIVER:
- Feasibility Study
- Electric network static and transient stability analysis
- Final Design
- Tender Documents
- Environmental and Social Impact Assessment
- Investigation (Boreholes, Bathymetry, Concrete Coring, Laboratory Tests)
- Emergency Preparedness Plan
- Design and studies of the rehabilitation works
Multi-purpose project (underground hydropower plant, water supply, etc.) for...
Montedoglio dam has suffered some damages at the spillway and dam body due to...
San Lorenzo (Italy)
San Lorenzo (Sestu) is a small hydroelectric plant to supply the water...
Carpat PSP (Romania)
Pumped storage plant with an installed power of 300 MW.
Water storage for irrigation, capacity 58 Mm³.
Chespi is the first hydroelectric project of the Guayllabamba cascade with an...
Uribante Doradas (Venezuela)
Hydroelectric project with IP = 300 MW.
King Talal (Jordan)
The assignment comprises the assessment of conditions of the existing plant...
Batoka Gorge (Zambia)
Trans-boundary hydropower plant of 1'600 MW, equally shared among Zambia...