CEPGL Region - Burundi - Rwanda - Democratic Republic of Congo
Organisation de la CEPGL pour l’Énergie des Pays des Grands Lacs (EGL)
2012 - 2014
Description for Ruzizi Transmission Lines (Africa)
Studio Pietrangeli is a consultancy firm specialized in transmission lines design. We have designed Ruzizi Transmission System in Burundi, RDC and Rwanda.
The main components of the project are: the Kamanyola Electrical Substation, the National Load Dispatching Centre, the Cascade Coordination Centre of the Ruzizi River, Transmission Lines (220 kV) and the Rehabilitation of Ruzizi I and Ruzizi II HPPs.
KAMANYOLA ELECTRICAL SUBSTATION 220 kV (DRC):
- Bays: No. 12 x 220 kV
- System Configuration Layout: Double bus bar
- Dimensions: 280 m x 120 m
KAMANYOLA NATIONAL LOAD DISPATCHING CENTRE
RUZIZI HYDROPOWER CASCADE COORDINATION CENTRE
- TL from Kamanyola to Kibuye: L = 90 km, 220 kV
- TL from Ruzizi III to Kamanyola: L = 10 km, 220 kV
- Optical Fiber Ground Wire
RUZIZI HPPs REHABILITATION:
- Ruzizi I Gravity Dam: H = 15 m, L = 195 m, No. 4 Kaplan Turbines, IP=29.8 MW
- Ruzizi II Gravity Dam: H = 14 m, L = 85 m, No. 3 Francis Turbines, IP=44MW
KAMANYOLA ELECTRICAL SUBSTATION, TRANSMISSION LINES, LOAD DISPATCHING CENTRE AND COORDINATION CENTRE OF THE RUZIZI RIVER:
- Feasibility Study
- Electric network static and transient stability analysis
- Final Design
- Tender Documents
- Environmental and Social Impact Assessment
- Investigation (Boreholes, Bathymetry, Concrete Coring, Laboratory Tests)
- Emergency Preparedness Plan
- Design and studies of the rehabilitation works
Montedoglio Dam (Italy)
Montedoglio dam has suffered some damages at the...
Chespi Hydropower (Ecuador)
Chespi is the first hydroelectric project of the Guayllabamba cascade with an...
Hermitage Storage Plant (Jamaica)
The scope of the assignment is the rehabilitation of the existing Hermitage...
Gibe II Hydropower (Ethiopia)
Gibe II is the second stage of the Gibe-Omo hydroelectric cascade which...
Lower Diamphwe Multi-Purpose Project (Malawi)
This project includes the Lower Diamphwe Multipurpose Dam and associated...
Little Beles Storage Plant (Ethiopia)
Reservoir for water supply with a storage capacity equal to 3.5 Mm³.
Gibe III Hydropower (Ethiopia)
Gibe III hydropower plant is the third stage of...
Namakhvani Hydropower (Georgia)
Namakhvani hydropower cascade, envisages the...
Tana Beles Multi-Purpose Project (Ethiopia)
The ambitious Tana Beles project was located in the Metekel district of...