Tachira state - Venezuela
CONINTUR Joint venture: Astaldi Estero, Cogefar, local contractor
1981 - 1983
Description for Uribante Doradas Hydropower (Venezuela)
Hydroelectric project with IP = 300 MW.
- La Honda Dam, zoned earth fill with central vertical impervious core ( H = 140 m; L = 560 m; V = 9.3 Mm³ )
- Upper Headrace Tunnel ( L = 6.6 km, A = 22 m² )
- Surge Shaft ( H = 134 m, A = 113 m² )
- Pressure Shaft, partly steel lined ( H = 271 m, A = 22 m² )
- Lower Headrace Tunnel ( L = 1.2 km, A = 22 m² )
- Steel Lined Underground Penstocks ( No. 2; L = 360 m; D = 3 m )
- Outdoor Power House equipped with two pelton turbines with a distributor of six nozzles ( D = 3.3 m; n = 225 rev/min )
- Ancillary Works: intake structures, drainage tunnels around the surge shaft, above the penstocks and the lower headrace tunnel, access galleries for construction and inspection purposes
- Overall revision of the final design
- Consultancy for the selection and the optimization of the underground excavation and support techniques
- Campaign of laboratory and in situ tests for the geotechnical characterization of rock masses and the rock bolting methods
Rio Grande Hydropower (Argentina)
Hydroelectric Plant with Pumped Station.
Hydropower Projects (Ghana)
The scope of the assignment, commissioned by...
Kikonge Multi-Purpose Project (Tanzania)
Kikonge is a multipurpose project foreseen for...
Bwari Aqueduct (Nigeria)
Water supply system for the district of Abuja, including pipelines, pumping...
Gibe III Hydropower (Ethiopia)
Gibe III hydropower plant is the third stage of...
Bumbuna Hydropower (Sierra Leone)
The Bumbuna Hydroelectric Project (BHP) is the...
Giurgiu Ramiresti Irrigation (Romania)
Irrigation scheme with water from the Danube and irrigated area of 155'000...
Nondvo Multi-purpose Project (Eswatini)
Nondvo multi-purpose dam provides potable water...
Kidunda Multi-Purpose Project (Tanzania)
Bituminous face rockfill dam for irrigation, water supply and hydropower...