Tachira state - Venezuela
CONINTUR Joint venture: Astaldi Estero, Cogefar, local contractor
1981 - 1983
Description for Uribante Doradas Hydropower (Venezuela)
Hydroelectric project with IP = 300 MW.
- La Honda Dam, zoned earth fill with central vertical impervious core ( H = 140 m; L = 560 m; V = 9.3 Mm³ )
- Upper Headrace Tunnel ( L = 6.6 km, A = 22 m² )
- Surge Shaft ( H = 134 m, A = 113 m² )
- Pressure Shaft, partly steel lined ( H = 271 m, A = 22 m² )
- Lower Headrace Tunnel ( L = 1.2 km, A = 22 m² )
- Steel Lined Underground Penstocks ( No. 2; L = 360 m; D = 3 m )
- Outdoor Power House equipped with two pelton turbines with a distributor of six nozzles ( D = 3.3 m; n = 225 rev/min )
- Ancillary Works: intake structures, drainage tunnels around the surge shaft, above the penstocks and the lower headrace tunnel, access galleries for construction and inspection purposes
- Overall revision of the final design
- Consultancy for the selection and the optimization of the underground excavation and support techniques
- Campaign of laboratory and in situ tests for the geotechnical characterization of rock masses and the rock bolting methods
Namakhvani Hydropower (Georgia)
Namakhvani hydropower cascade, envisages the...
Maccheronis Dam (Italy)
Reservoir capacity augmentation through the heightening of an existing...
Dankel Multi-Purpose Project (Eritrea)
Multi-purpose project (underground hydropower plant, water supply, etc.) for...
Kabwe Aqueduct (Zambia)
Kabwe urban water supply scheme.
Reservoir storage capacity: 12 Mm³.
Kabuyanda Multi-Purpose Project (Uganda)
Kabuyanda is a multipurpose dam envisaged for agriculture (paddy rice and...
Gibe II Hydropower Plant (Ethiopia)
Gibe II hydropower plant is the second stage of...
Porto Romano Multi-Purpose Project (Italy)
Yacht Harbour is on the right side of the Tevere River floodplain, about 1 km...
Grand Ethiopian Renaissance Dam (Ethiopia)
The Grand Ethiopian Renaissance dam project is a...
Casteddu Irrigation Project (Italy)
Three-dam projects for irrigation purposes.