Tachira state - Venezuela
CONINTUR Joint venture: Astaldi Estero, Cogefar, local contractor
1981 - 1983
Description for Uribante Doradas Hydropower (Venezuela)
Hydroelectric project with IP = 300 MW.
- La Honda Dam, zoned earth fill with central vertical impervious core ( H = 140 m; L = 560 m; V = 9.3 Mm³ )
- Upper Headrace Tunnel ( L = 6.6 km, A = 22 m² )
- Surge Shaft ( H = 134 m, A = 113 m² )
- Pressure Shaft, partly steel lined ( H = 271 m, A = 22 m² )
- Lower Headrace Tunnel ( L = 1.2 km, A = 22 m² )
- Steel Lined Underground Penstocks ( No. 2; L = 360 m; D = 3 m )
- Outdoor Power House equipped with two pelton turbines with a distributor of six nozzles ( D = 3.3 m; n = 225 rev/min )
- Ancillary Works: intake structures, drainage tunnels around the surge shaft, above the penstocks and the lower headrace tunnel, access galleries for construction and inspection purposes
- Overall revision of the final design
- Consultancy for the selection and the optimization of the underground excavation and support techniques
- Campaign of laboratory and in situ tests for the geotechnical characterization of rock masses and the rock bolting methods
Hydropower Projects (Ghana)
The scope of the assignment, commissioned by...
Rio Grande Hydropower (Argentina)
Hydroelectric Plant with Pumped Station.
Maswa Aqueduct (Tanzania)
Maswa project including domestic water supply pipeline for the district...
Enguri Cascade Hydropower (Georgia)
ENGURI HPP Cascade envisages the construction of three hydropower plants on...
Lefkara Storage Plant (Cyprus)
Storage works for Famagusta urban water supply.
Rumakali Hydropower (Tanzania)
Hydroelectric Power Plant, with IP = 525 MW, which the exploits of N° 5...
Beles Multi-purpose Project (Ethiopia)
The Beles multi-purpose project is a hydropower...
Rio Mannu Multi-Purpose Project (Italy)
Concrete gravity dam for water supply and irrigation to be constructed in two...
Busalletta Dam (Italy)
Dam built to provide a reservoir for the urban water supply of Genoa.