Tachira state - Venezuela
CONINTUR Joint venture: Astaldi Estero, Cogefar, local contractor
1981 - 1983
Description for Uribante Doradas Hydropower (Venezuela)
Hydroelectric project with IP = 300 MW.
- La Honda Dam, zoned earth fill with central vertical impervious core ( H = 140 m; L = 560 m; V = 9.3 Mm³ )
- Upper Headrace Tunnel ( L = 6.6 km, A = 22 m² )
- Surge Shaft ( H = 134 m, A = 113 m² )
- Pressure Shaft, partly steel lined ( H = 271 m, A = 22 m² )
- Lower Headrace Tunnel ( L = 1.2 km, A = 22 m² )
- Steel Lined Underground Penstocks ( No. 2; L = 360 m; D = 3 m )
- Outdoor Power House equipped with two pelton turbines with a distributor of six nozzles ( D = 3.3 m; n = 225 rev/min )
- Ancillary Works: intake structures, drainage tunnels around the surge shaft, above the penstocks and the lower headrace tunnel, access galleries for construction and inspection purposes
- Overall revision of the final design
- Consultancy for the selection and the optimization of the underground excavation and support techniques
- Campaign of laboratory and in situ tests for the geotechnical characterization of rock masses and the rock bolting methods
Kamuzu I Dam (Malawi)
The scope of the assignment is the raising,...
Enguri Cascade Hydropower (Georgia)
ENGURI HPP Cascade envisages the construction of three hydropower plants on...
Anguilles Dam (Mauritius)
The scope of the project is to make use of the...
Hydropower Projects (Ghana)
The scope of the assignment, commissioned by...
Casteddu Irrigation Project (Italy)
Three-dam projects for irrigation purposes.
Bwari Aqueduct (Nigeria)
Water supply system for the district of Abuja, including pipelines, pumping...
High Voltage Transmission System (GABON-CONGO)
The assignment, financed by European Union...
Arda Cascade (Bulgaria)
Hydropower cascade including the existing plants of Karjali (IP = 106 MW),...
NAO Transmission Line (Sierra Leone)
Restore of the MV and LV distribution system in...