Tachira state - Venezuela
CONINTUR Joint venture: Astaldi Estero, Cogefar, local contractor
1981 - 1983
Description for Uribante Doradas Hydropower (Venezuela)
Hydroelectric project with IP = 300 MW.
- La Honda Dam, zoned earth fill with central vertical impervious core ( H = 140 m; L = 560 m; V = 9.3 Mm³ )
- Upper Headrace Tunnel ( L = 6.6 km, A = 22 m² )
- Surge Shaft ( H = 134 m, A = 113 m² )
- Pressure Shaft, partly steel lined ( H = 271 m, A = 22 m² )
- Lower Headrace Tunnel ( L = 1.2 km, A = 22 m² )
- Steel Lined Underground Penstocks ( No. 2; L = 360 m; D = 3 m )
- Outdoor Power House equipped with two pelton turbines with a distributor of six nozzles ( D = 3.3 m; n = 225 rev/min )
- Ancillary Works: intake structures, drainage tunnels around the surge shaft, above the penstocks and the lower headrace tunnel, access galleries for construction and inspection purposes
- Overall revision of the final design
- Consultancy for the selection and the optimization of the underground excavation and support techniques
- Campaign of laboratory and in situ tests for the geotechnical characterization of rock masses and the rock bolting methods
Mini Hydroelectric Power Plants (Jamaica)
Jamaica 6 project includes the feasibility for six small hpps in Jamaica and...
Grand Anse Dam (Seychelles)
The water demand in Seychelles is continuously...
Rumakali Hydropower (Tanzania)
Hydroelectric Power Plant, with IP = 525 MW, which the exploits of N° 5...
Thwake Multi-purpose Dam (Kenya)
Thwake is a multi-purpose dam designed to...
Rio Grande Hydropower (Argentina)
Hydroelectric Plant with Pumped Station.
Montedoglio Dam (Italy)
Montedoglio dam has suffered some damages at the...
Carpat Pumped Storage Plant (Romania)
Pumped storage plant with an installed power of 300 MW.
Roma Est Sewage Plant (Italy)
Sewage treatment plant for domestic and industrial waste water.
Enguri Cascade Hydropower (Georgia)
ENGURI HPP Cascade envisages the construction of three hydropower plants on...