Oromia region - Ethiopia
Salini Costruttori S.p.A.
2005 – in progress
Description for Gibe III (Ethiopia)
The design of this record breaking 250 m high RCC dam has proved to be one of the biggest challenges faced by our engineers to date. The hydropower plant with its full capacity of 1870 MW recently came on-line.
- RCC Gravity Dam (H = 250 m, L_crest = 620 m)
- Reservoir (V = 14'700 Mm³)
- Spillway (No. 7 gates, 12 x 17.5 m, Q = 10'600 m³/s)
- No. 2 Power Waterways (L = 1.0 km, D = 11 m)
- No. 2 River Diversion Tunnels (L = 1.1 km, D = 14 m)
- No. 1 River Diversion Tunnel (L = 1.1 km, D = 7 m)
- Rockfill cofferdam with impervious geo-membrane (H = 50 m, L = 205 m)
- Outdoor Power House (No. 10 Francis turbines, IP = 1'870 MW)
- Transmission Lines (L = 3 km, 400 kV)
Bituminous face rockfill dam for irrigation, water supply and hydropower...
Water supply system for the district of Abuja, including pipelines, pumping...
Jamaica 6 (Jamaica)
Jamaica 6 project includes the feasibility for six small hpps in Jamaica and...
Multi-purpose project (underground hydropower plant, water supply, etc.) for...
Storage works for Famagusta urban water supply.
Dam built to provide a reservoir for the urban water supply of Genoa.
Rockfill dam with bituminous facing (BFRd) with a reservoir for irrigation,...
Gibe III (Ethiopia)
The design of this record breaking 250 m high RCC dam has proved to be one of...
Tana Beles (Ethiopia)
The ambitious Tana Beles project was located in the Metekel district of...