SP is a leading firm of engineers, specialized in the design and supervision of construction of large dams.
Our experience in dams engineering
The firm’s vast international experience has been acquired in Africa, Europe and Central and Southern America, providing engineering consultancy services for over 200 dams. Several of our projects are world records, including Gibe III (250 m, highest RCC dam) and GERD (10 Mm³, largest RCC dam). We are the engineers for dams of all types (earthfill, rockfill, gravity, arch, etc.) and all sizes (from 5 to 250 m).
SP’s main dam projects
During forty years of activity, we have designed and/or supervised more than 200 dam projects around the world.
Among our most recent assignments as dam engineers, some of them internationally renowned, we can indicate:
– GIBE III (Ethiopia) – Engineering of the world’s highest RCC concrete dam (H = 250 m), completed
– La GOGUE (Seychelles) – upgrade and raising and upgrade of an earthfill dam, under construction
– GRAND ETHIOPIAN RENAISSANCE (Ethiopia) – All the engineering of Africa’s largest dam, on the Blue Nile, under construction
– BATOKA (Zambia-Zimbabwe) – feasibility of a large arch-gravity dam (H = 180 m) on the Zambezi River
– BUMBUNA hpp (Sierra Leone) – all engineering of a rockfill dam, damaged by the war, operating
– KOYSHA (Ethiopia) – all engineering of a gravity dam for hydropower use, under construction
– ANGUILLES (Mauritius) – dam engineers of a rockfill dam for water supply
– KARIBA (Zambia/Zimbabwe) – rehabilitation of the huge Kariba arch dam and especially of its plunge pool, ongoing
– GHANA 10 (Ghana) – preliminary design of 10 large dams in Ghana
Studio Pietrangeli provides the entire range of services as dam engineers.
SP’s engineering services cover all the aspects of dam projects from conception to feasibility, through investigations, environmental impact assessment, preliminary design, final design, technical specifications, employer’s requirements and tender documents, construction design, supervision of construction and technical assistance during definition of contractual terms.
For more information about our services and projects
Please contact us. Use this form to ask information.