Oromia region - Ethiopia
Salini Costruttori S.p.A.
2005 – in progress
Description for Gibe III (Ethiopia)
The design of this record breaking 250 m high RCC dam has proved to be one of the biggest challenges faced by our engineers to date. The hydropower plant with its full capacity of 1870 MW recently came on-line.
- RCC Gravity Dam (H = 250 m, L_crest = 620 m)
- Reservoir (V = 14'700 Mm³)
- Spillway (No. 7 gates, 12 x 17.5 m, Q = 10'600 m³/s)
- No. 2 Headrace Tunnel (L = 1.0 km, D = 11 m)
- No. 2 River Diversion Tunnels (L = 1.1 km, D = 14 m)
- No. 1 River Diversion Tunnel (L = 1.1 km, D = 7 m)
- Rockfill cofferdam with impervious geo-membrane (H = 50 m, L = 205 m)
- Outdoor Power House (No. 10 Francis turbines, IP = 1'870 MW)
- Transmission Lines (L = 3 km, 400 kV)
Gibe V (Ethiopia)
Gibe V is the fifth stage of the Gibe-Omo hydroelectric cascade which...
Hydroelectric Power Plant, with IP = 525 MW, which the exploits of N° 5...
Multi-purpose project (underground hydropower plant, water supply, etc.) for...
Bituminous face rockfill dam for irrigation, water supply and hydropower...
Dam built to provide a reservoir for the urban water supply of Genoa.
Enguri Cascade (Georgia)
ENGURI HPP Cascade envisages the construction of three hydropower plants on...
King Talal (Jordan)
The assignment comprises the assessment of conditions of the existing plant...
Simbirizzi (Settimo S. Pietro) is a small hydroelectric plant to supply the...
Water storage plant for irrigation purposes with a reservoir capacity of 42...