Oromia region - Ethiopia
Salini Costruttori S.p.A.
2005 – in progress
Description for Gibe III (Ethiopia)
The design of this record breaking 250 m high RCC dam has proved to be one of the biggest challenges faced by our engineers to date. The hydropower plant with its full capacity of 1870 MW recently came on-line.
- RCC Gravity Dam (H = 250 m, L_crest = 620 m)
- Reservoir (V = 14'700 Mm³)
- Spillway (No. 7 gates, 12 x 17.5 m, Q = 10'600 m³/s)
- No. 2 Headrace Tunnel (L = 1.0 km, D = 11 m)
- No. 2 River Diversion Tunnels (L = 1.1 km, D = 14 m)
- No. 1 River Diversion Tunnel (L = 1.1 km, D = 7 m)
- Rockfill cofferdam with impervious geo-membrane (H = 50 m, L = 205 m)
- Outdoor Power House (No. 10 Francis turbines, IP = 1'870 MW)
- Transmission Lines (L = 3 km, 400 kV)
Gibe II (Ethiopia)
Gibe II is the second stage of the Gibe-Omo hydroelectric cascade which...
Kabuyanda is a multipurpose dam envisaged for agriculture (paddy rice and...
Djouè river hydroelettric plant (tributary of Congo).
The scope of the assignment is the rehabilitation of the existing Hermitage...
Montedoglio dam has suffered some damages at the spillway and dam body due to...
Impianto Idroelettrico (PI = 255 MW) sul fiume Lunsemfwa a valle della diga...
Multi-purpose project on Lake Tana, including hydropower plant and irrigation...
Rockfill dam with bituminous facing (BFRd) with a reservoir for irrigation,...
Little Beles (Ethiopia)
Reservoir for water supply with a storage capacity equal to 3.5 Mm³.