Oromia region - Ethiopia
Salini Costruttori S.p.A.
2005 – in progress
Description for Gibe III (Ethiopia)
The design of this record breaking 250 m high RCC dam has proved to be one of the biggest challenges faced by our engineers to date. The hydropower plant with its full capacity of 1870 MW recently came on-line.
- RCC Gravity Dam (H = 250 m, L_crest = 620 m)
- Reservoir (V = 14'700 Mm³)
- Spillway (No. 7 gates, 12 x 17.5 m, Q = 10'600 m³/s)
- No. 2 Headrace Tunnel (L = 1.0 km, D = 11 m)
- No. 2 River Diversion Tunnels (L = 1.1 km, D = 14 m)
- No. 1 River Diversion Tunnel (L = 1.1 km, D = 7 m)
- Rockfill cofferdam with impervious geo-membrane (H = 50 m, L = 205 m)
- Outdoor Power House (No. 10 Francis turbines, IP = 1'870 MW)
- Transmission Lines (L = 3 km, 400 kV)
Lower Diamphwe (Malawi)
This project includes the Lower Diamphwe Multipurpose Dam and associated...
Gilgel Gibe (Ethiopia)
Hydroelectric power plant (IP = 200 MW) including rockfill dam, underground...
Three-dam projects for irrigation purposes.
Addis Ababa urban water supply scheme with a storage capacity of 40 Mm3.
Koysha is the fourth plant of the Omo river cascade (IPtot = 4600 MW),...
Multi-purpose project (underground hydropower plant, water supply, etc.) for...
Djouè river hydroelettric plant (tributary of Congo).
Grand Ethiopian Renassaince Dam
This majestic project, born of the vision and...
The scope of the assignment is the rehabilitation of the existing Hermitage...