Oromia region - Ethiopia
Salini Costruttori S.p.A.
2005 – in progress
Description for Gibe III (Ethiopia)
The design of this record breaking 250 m high RCC dam has proved to be one of the biggest challenges faced by our engineers to date. The hydropower plant with its full capacity of 1870 MW recently came on-line.
- RCC Gravity Dam (H = 250 m, L_crest = 620 m)
- Reservoir (V = 14'700 Mm³)
- Spillway (No. 7 gates, 12 x 17.5 m, Q = 10'600 m³/s)
- No. 2 Headrace Tunnel (L = 1.0 km, D = 11 m)
- No. 2 River Diversion Tunnels (L = 1.1 km, D = 14 m)
- No. 1 River Diversion Tunnel (L = 1.1 km, D = 7 m)
- Rockfill cofferdam with impervious geo-membrane (H = 50 m, L = 205 m)
- Outdoor Power House (No. 10 Francis turbines, IP = 1'870 MW)
- Transmission Lines (L = 3 km, 400 kV)
Hydroelectric project on the Victoria Nile River within an installed power of...
La Gogue (Seychelles)
The scope of the assignment is the rehabilitation and upgrade of the existing...
Lusaka project including domestic water supply pipeline for the city of...
Three-dam projects for irrigation purposes.
Gibe III (Ethiopia)
The design of this record breaking 250 m high...
Refurbishment of the Uvini hydropower plant.
Grand Ethiopian Renaissance Dam
This majestic project, born of the vision and...
The scope of the assignment is the rehabilitation of the existing Hermitage...
Limonlu HPP comprises 4 power plants in cascade to be constructed in 2 phases...