Oromia region - Ethiopia
Salini Costruttori S.p.A.
2005 – in progress
Description for Gibe III (Ethiopia)
The design of this record breaking 250 m high RCC dam has proved to be one of the biggest challenges faced by our engineers to date. The hydropower plant with its full capacity of 1870 MW recently came on-line.
- RCC Gravity Dam (H = 250 m, L_crest = 620 m)
- Reservoir (V = 14'700 Mm³)
- Spillway (No. 7 gates, 12 x 17.5 m, Q = 10'600 m³/s)
- No. 2 Headrace Tunnel (L = 1.0 km, D = 11 m)
- No. 2 River Diversion Tunnels (L = 1.1 km, D = 14 m)
- No. 1 River Diversion Tunnel (L = 1.1 km, D = 7 m)
- Rockfill cofferdam with impervious geo-membrane (H = 50 m, L = 205 m)
- Outdoor Power House (No. 10 Francis turbines, IP = 1'870 MW)
- Transmission Lines (L = 3 km, 400 kV)
Millennium Park (Nigeria)
Design of hydraulic works, water supply and irrigation system, reservoir and...
Maswa project including domestic water supply pipeline for the district...
Gibe II (Ethiopia)
Gibe II is the second stage of the Gibe-Omo hydroelectric cascade which...
Namakhvani Cascade (Georgia)
Namakhvani HPP Cascade, includes the construction of three hydropower schemes...
Three-dam projects for irrigation purposes.
Hydroelectric project on the Victoria Nile River within an installed power of...
Refurbishment of the Uvini hydropower plant.
Grand Ethiopian Renassaince Dam
This majestic project, born of the vision and...
Uribante Doradas (Venezuela)
Hydroelectric project with IP = 300 MW.