Oromia region - Ethiopia
Salini Costruttori S.p.A.
2005 – 2018
Description for Gibe III Hydropower (Ethiopia)
The design of this record breaking 250 m high RCC dam has proved to be one of the biggest challenges faced by our engineers to date. The hydropower plant with its full capacity of 1870 MW recently came on-line.
- RCC Gravity Dam ( H = 250 m, L_crest = 620 m )
- Reservoir ( V = 14'700 Mm³ )
- Spillway ( No. 7 gates, 12 x 17.5 m, Q = 10'600 m³/s )
- No. 2 Headrace Tunnel ( L = 1.0 km, D = 11 m )
- No. 2 River Diversion Tunnels ( L = 1.1 km, D = 14 m )
- No. 1 River Diversion Tunnel ( L = 1.1 km, D = 7 m )
- Rockfill cofferdam with impervious geo-membrane ( H = 50 m, L = 205 m )
- Outdoor Power House ( No. 10 Francis turbines, IP = 1'870 MW )
- Transmission Lines ( L = 3 km, 400 kV )
Water storage for irrigation, capacity 58 Mm³.
Millennium Park (Nigeria)
Design of hydraulic works, water supply and irrigation system, reservoir and...
Kariba Dam (Zambia)
This project foresees the rehabilitation for the...
Vranduk (Bosnia and Herzegovina)
Vranduk project consists in a run off river power plant with an installed...
Arda Cascade (Bulgaria)
Hydropower cascade including the existing plants of Karjali (IP = 106 MW),...
La Gogue (Seychelles)
The scope of the assignment is the rehabilitation and upgrade of the existing...
Kabuyanda is a multipurpose dam envisaged for agriculture (paddy rice and...
Montedoglio dam has suffered some damages at the spillway and dam body due to...
Chespi is the first hydroelectric project of the Guayllabamba cascade with an...