Power transmission line design
We have been designing transmission lines for over 30 years.
Over 7000 km of power transmission lines projects
Transmission lines are the means whereby the electrical energy is transported from the source of generation to the places of use.
The design of overhead electrical transmission lines involves contributions of many disciplines. Movement of electric power requires supporting structures, conductors to carry the current, insulators to provide safe distance of charged conductors from supporting structures and appropriate connecting hardware all meeting standards for safety and reliability.
The lines must be capable of operating reliably in all the environmental conditions that they experience and should have as low an impact as possible on these environments.
Studio Pietrangeli’s experience in power transmission line design
Among our most prestigious projects we can mention:
– Bumbuna-Freetown transmission line at 161 kV, in Sierra Leone, 205 km
– Namakhvani transmission line at 220 kV, 82 km
– Ethiopia-Sudan-Egypt interconnecting transmission lines from GERDp HPP, at 500 kV in AC (700 km) and at ±600 kV in DC (2330 km)
– Beles-GERDp HPP transmission line at 400 kV, 240 km in Ethiopia
– Batoka transmission system with the interconnection between Zambia, at 330 kV, 204 km and Zimbabwe at 400 kV, 140km
– 220 kV transmission line associated to the Rumakali Hydroelectric power plant, in Tanzania, 94 km
– Lufubu Hydroelectric Cascade scheme in Zambia, 330 kV (200km to Kasama and 65 km to Mporokoso) and 132 kV transmission lines (85 km)
– Ethiopia-Kenya 400 kV interconnection, 1150 km
– 220 kV interconnection associated to Ruzizi III multinational project, 9km
– Kamanyola-Kibuye 220 kV interconnecting transmission line, 100 km
– Koysha-Gibe III 400 kV transmission line, 140 km
– Gabon-Congo 400 kV interconnecting transmission line, 360 km
We care about every detail of the transmission line design
The reliability of the transmission line is determined not only by the quality of the equipment but also by a consistent compliance with relevant standards and norms, in particular IEC standards, national standards and norms as well as internal regulations. Security and safety of the electrical power supply imply strict adherence to the conditions specified in standards, norms and regulations concerning the prevention of accidents.
Power transmission lines are operated with restrictions imposed by legal requirements, technical standards, political issues, financial constraints and social, political and environmental parameters.
For more information about our services and projects
Please contact us. Use this form to ask information.